Author Topic: Bantam Lake  (Read 710 times)

Offline Penn920

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bantam Lake
« on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Fished Bantam Dec.23-24 with no pike as usual  ::). On wensday I missed 2 good ones that ran pretty good but when I went to set the hook the bait ripped out. Thursday christmas eve two flags both perch at 6:45 am and then NOTHING! I was fishing near the little feeder brook that comes in near rte 201. On wednesday I was the only person to get action and it was near that little feeder stream. Everyone fishing near the Morris Beach or near the shore over there got nothing. Today all the action was over at Morris Beach. From the 4 groups out there all of them at least caught 2 pike, and some of them looked good from where I was. Some groups caught 6+. Figures that the spot that was working yesterday sucks today and the spot that sucked yesterday is ON FIRE today. Bantam Lake,  Winchester Lake, and fishing of the beach in long island sound always give me trouble. I lose a monster fish the first time I fish there and everytime I keep going back I catch nothing, and the people 10 feet away or 100 feet away can't keep them off their lines.  >:( ICE IS 4-6 INCHES ALL THROUGH SOUTH BAY!!! Its all black ice too and today was pretty scary with the heat and bright sun. Every step I took was a crack and near the big crack lines when you walk over it theres a loud crack ::). Once the sun went away though the cracking stopped.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.