Author Topic: New Ice Shack  (Read 3632 times)

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Ice Shack
« on: Nov 28, 2021, 04:21 PM »
Just ordered a new ice shack 7x8 pick it up first week in December. Anxious to pick it up and start rigging. My wife fishes with me some but not warm enough for her in the tent. She had a stroke years ago and has some issues with circulation and staying warm. She has the use of both her legs but only 1 arm/hand. Picked her up an electric reel a few years and she has got onto it pretty good.  Gonna be great year on the ice!!!

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Ice Shack
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2021, 07:07 AM »
Nice to hear your wife is doing ok after the stroke and enjoying the outdoors.
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2021, 11:34 AM »
Thanks she is a great lady. I just retired 3 days ago so hope to get out with her often.

Offline Walted

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2021, 08:54 PM »
Congratulations on a new shack, a retirement and a wife that joins you. You are living the dream. Good luck this season.

Offline krispcritter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2021, 05:55 AM »
If that's a rock'en we ain't gonna be a knock'en.
Nice rig. Hope all the best for you and the bride. Recovery is tough going.
To make a small fortune in business start with a Large one.,

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2021, 06:07 AM »

Nice rig and hope you both have a great season 🎣

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2021, 07:26 AM »
Nice shack, congrats on retirement, hope you and the wife enjoy it for many years.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2021, 11:59 AM »
Just ordered a new ice shack 7x8 pick it up first week in December. Anxious to pick it up and start rigging. My wife fishes with me some but not warm enough for her in the tent. She had a stroke years ago and has some issues with circulation and staying warm. She has the use of both her legs but only 1 arm/hand. Picked her up an electric reel a few years and she has got onto it pretty good.  Gonna be great year on the ice!!!

Got the ice shack home last week, hit snow storm there and back so it added about an hour or more to the trip. Been rigging it the last few days with rod holders, lights, fan, shelves etc and other things still coming. Finally decided on the hole placements got one cut out (5) so going to try to get the other 4 cut out today. Hole placement was a bit of challenge as the skis are right by the bench on both sides and one right down the middle. Holes are placed on one side mostly so Pat has room to walk.  Its -20C so going to be a little chilly................ ..but its going to be making ice so that's a good thing. Very roomy inside, bench seats are  19" wide and its 44" across between the seats. Room for 8 to sit with  20" between seating areas, although I doubt we ever have that many in at one time. Its 6'2" high at the roof beam which is my height so got to watch a bit while walking inside. Will paint, add roofing and a couple more windows next summer. Really hoping we have good ice by Dec 15 so trying to get everything done by then. Will be cutting out a slot for two 2x4 to go across all skis front and back for loading, although unit is fairly light and two of us pushed it on to the trailer by hand. My mods are functional not fancy but this unit is going to work out great for us! Looking forward to fishing in comfort........that first fish and that first cup of perked coffee.

Added some rod holders, rod storage, drink trays, coat hooks, tie downs on the floor (in the shack) and hitch setup on front and back. Like I said before not fancy but functional.

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2021, 12:39 PM »
Nice work!

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Good one. 

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2021, 09:19 AM »
really cool!  im sure it will serve you guys well. enjoy!
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2021, 05:33 PM »
Finished the seat foam a few days ago. A couple of my sons are home for Xmas so we got the shack out today. -28F but its on the ice now, almost 20 inches of ice. It was bit late today so were going to give it a go tomorrow.

Offline Jaguarxjsport

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2022, 11:27 AM »
Thats a really nice job you have done there, i wish i was in canada fishing right now.
Great work, i hope the fishing is good.
John
John in Lancashire , UK.

Offline timr35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2022, 07:42 AM »
Nice job on the shack, Mine is the same style ,
 I did the same on the benches with the foam , you will find you need something thicker.
 I found some lounge chair pads on clearance and now use them, still not perfect for those long days but getting better.
My next idea is to go to a upholster that does boat seats have them made .
Good luck !

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2022, 08:55 AM »
Very cool, looks like a great place to be!  How do you get it in/out of a pickup bed?

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:32 PM »
Very cool, looks like a great place to be!  How do you get it in/out of a pickup bed?
I have a trailer, hauled it out with that.

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2022, 07:39 AM »
I have a trailer, hauled it out with that.
Winch on, winch off?

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2022, 12:22 PM »
Winch on, winch off?

Winch on, push off if I am by myself, its not very heavy. If a couple of my sons are around we can push it on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.