Author Topic: happiness is shared and some advice to find more success  (Read 7656 times)

Offline logicallycompromised

• IceShanty Rookie
hello good sirs and misses,
we all all special in one way or another and some more than others.  there are probably several things you know and can do which i may never began to approach your knowledge or skill sets.  it is clear what one of my strengths has become based on the recently locked threads.  most of you have the ability to problem solve and may even attempt to do it more than i when you are out fishing.  one of the differences is, i have carefully pruned and reduced the variables which garner my decisions making time.  this means my checklist is likely shorter than most and increases my likelihood to catch more and larger fish.  make it a goal every time you are out to try and determine what a variable plays in the larger model of catching fish.  if it is difficult to understand or observe with small changes make a large change first; e.g. make drastic changes in lure size or color.  most of my success stems from chasing efficiency most overlook.  these small incremental advantages add up to qualitative and quantitative results.  i find beauty in refinement as it suggests a better understanding of a subject matter.  most of you already have some gear which helps generate data but have not utilized the scientific method much in your life.  experience by itself means little, there is a quality component which needs to be applied.

if it makes any of you feel any better, i had one of the best fly fishing mentors on this planet take what many consider to be a convoluted task and break it down in a simple model.  when i was in the military, i started to learn entomology on my own accord to become a better fisherman and relate better with my father.  i was warned how complicated things would likely become.  i also got one of the largest hints in life; if i could stay with it long enough and not become overwhelmed from the new and sometimes complicated concepts there is a chance i will see how simple it becomes in the end.  i made this journey i could talk more about at another time but seeing this concept play out before is how i solved ice fishing so quickly.  that is the beauty in science and being able to apply to other aspects of life.  to belabor the point, i got into carp fishing this past year and reached an effective simple model which brings incredible success.  i think people get pulled by too many strings and buy too much crap, i want to catch the most and largest fish with the least physical resources.   some people have more money in the spring bobbers than i do in building one of my completed rods.

it is a shame that some in the community are taking my sun i work hard to find in life.  it is a shame that these people go unchecked and tolerated by others; shame on you for not saying anything if you saw it take place.  your life is short and there are great people in this world more worthy of your time.  i would be happy to become one of them and share the joy i find in fishing.  i have all the gear and would be willing to meet you at a location you want to fish.  i will not fish but rather work on building a friendship and sharing some experiences.  i am going to engage you with many questions.  i want you to do as your normally would and i will ask questions to help reach your own conclusions.  often as we get older it becomes difficult to accept someones advice if it contradicts your own models.  but if questions are asked and you have an open mind, changes can take place but they often need to happen through self realization.  please consider my offer i want to be able to share some joy instead of getting ostracized for success.

thank you for your time!
do what they do, get what they get.
refinement reflects understanding...the more you know, they less you need.
science is love, science is life.
i enjoy fishing and happy to help others find similar or greater levels of joy and success; just need to reach out to me.
peace and long life!

https://www.instagram.com/logicallycompromised/

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: happiness is shared and some advice to find more success
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Pro tip: If you act a little more humble people won’t give you such a hard time. Saying things like “this is how I mastered ice fishing so quickly” is not helping.

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2021, 10:56 AM »

A true ice fishing master.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline claymore6

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2021, 10:57 AM »
You are being "trolled":

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet. Typically they do this by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion. This is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or manipulating a political process.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2021, 01:48 PM »
Skimmed through a few of your post, most say feel free to ask questions.   So I have one, what do you use on your elbow when it starts to get sore from patting yourself on the back? Icy hot? Heat pad? Something else?
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Chawk190

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2021, 08:46 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

A true ice fishing master.

Mr. Miyagi has a deep philosophical knowledge of life and extraordinary angling skill.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2021, 09:13 PM »
fair point, i have not acted as well as i would like. emotions compromise people.  i ask you to consider the results of being kicked on ground when you slip on ice trying to find what little sun you can in life...it takes an effort to lift someone up who needs to put on armor to face life.

be safe!
understood.  thank you for the support!
i fished cayuga lake about 18 years ago.  when i wasted too much time chasing bass. i actually scouted a couple of the more western finger lakes up that way i may explore this season.  i prefer to fish water less than 1000 acres so that i can explore much of it in pursuit of my questions over a day or two of fishing.
be safe!

touche.
as i responded to someone above you, it is a poor cooping mechanism i use to help lift me up. my actions have gotten better with age so do not give up on me fixing this character flaw.

having said that, i want to illustrate how an active, scientific approach can bring quick results.  most are capable of the progress i have shared.

be safe!

i will likely play around out west this week on some new water, maybe even head to new york.  i just need to be sure i can move around, not be locked down to a small area and prefer to be above freezing conditions.  experience has taught me, i will convert on most fish i find but that is the easy part of the equation. consistently locating the larger species will be a lifetime commitment.

peace and long life!

we all laugh in the end but there is a distinction from where this snort manifests.
i enjoy fishing and happy to help others find similar or greater levels of joy and success; just need to reach out to me.
peace and long life!

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2021, 09:27 PM »
This guy doesn’t quit. Props to you for your perseverance. I’ll leave it there.

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2021, 06:10 AM »
What was the point of that post? Another 90 seconds I'll never get back. At least your other posts had a fishing report hidden in all of the fluff.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2021, 10:46 AM »
sorry for wasting your time and you were not able to find much value.

it does not make much sense to me how this community is "managed" so i am left with writing about icebergs; those with a smooth brain find fodder to mock with (85% exposed) and those with more than a handful of neurons are able to find some productive value(the part below water line).

i expect to be exploring several times this week out west on all foreign waters. completed some research last night and have my decisions whittled down to 4 locations.  i will mull over the decisions a little more over the next day before making the first trip.

thank you for your time, be safe!
peace and long life!

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2021, 03:21 PM »
You do realize that 85%of the iceberg is not above water right? Is actually about 90% underwater
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Additionally, for scientific reasons you have no clue how icebergs work  ;). Not sure what your deal is but If you post something on a social platform, expect responses that don't fit on top of your horse.

#mysystemisbetterthanyours
Just add water.

Offline Pepe Goody

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2021, 06:25 AM »
This guy with all these long posts cracks me up.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2021, 11:02 AM »
Words go here.  I caught a fish once.   This is my brains reaction to this thread. 

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2021, 11:45 AM »

if it makes any of you feel any better

is how i solved ice fishing so quickly

Please don't lock this one this stuff is gold, this guy solved fishing lol.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2021, 11:47 AM »
It seems like he’s trying to build up the hype for the “system” then is going to try to sell us the secrets for $9.99.   ::)

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2021, 11:53 AM »
Please don't lock this one this stuff is gold, this guy solved fishing lol.

Who keeps locking these threads? It’s the only activity on the CT board.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #17 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:00 PM »
Words go here.  I caught a fish once.   This is my brains reaction to this thread.

Lmao  ;D
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline ctice84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:16 PM »
I like fish

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:22 PM »
I like fish

Me too.  I catch them from time to time. 

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:25 PM »

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:32 PM »
Who keeps locking these threads? It’s the only activity on the CT board.

Haha, I don't usually even check this board but I stumbled on these threads and now I check it every day. >: ;D

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Feb 08, 2021, 12:41 PM »
I like turtles.

I haven't seen a bug snapper yet this winter but I likely will.  One year I went to place my spud on a rock to hop over a gap in the ice...rock moved...it was a snapper.

All that said I think turtles are cool.  I'm developing a new mind blowing system to catch them. Need lots of dressing...

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2021, 01:19 PM »
I like turtles.
That kid is hilarious!
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 08, 2021, 01:24 PM »
That kid is hilarious!
Glad someone got the reference 😂

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Feb 08, 2021, 01:25 PM »
I haven't seen a bug snapper yet this winter but I likely will.  One year I went to place my spud on a rock to hop over a gap in the ice...rock moved...it was a snapper.

All that said I think turtles are cool.  I'm developing a new mind blowing system to catch them. Need lots of dressing...

I've got a buddy who traps big snappers in the summer. Gave me a couple. They make great soup

The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Feb 08, 2021, 01:34 PM »
They must either have a killer system or better dressing than I do.  Great pic Ryan.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 08, 2021, 01:41 PM »
They must either have a killer system or better dressing than I do.  Great pic Ryan.

You need to use Caesar Dressing made with anchovies. They love it.  ;D

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:06 PM »
Me too.  I catch them from time to time.

Me too, but probably more than you, due to a superior model. I was taught by the GOAT though if it makes you feel better.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Feb 08, 2021, 03:10 PM »
Me too, but probably more than you, due to a superior model. I was taught by the GOAT though if it makes you feel better.

This entire thread makes me feel very inadequate overall. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.