Author Topic: Bashen Lake  (Read 365 times)

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bashen Lake
« on: Dec 31, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Fished laurel cove yesterday with the kids.   Started drilling holes close to shore out to maybe 100 yards.  Ice was a solid 4-5 inches.  Lake is spring fed so there are thin areas dotted around the lake.  Last to freeze was the center in front of the islands so be careful.  I know the lake was drained pretty far down to fix the dam but fishing pressure over the winter has been almost none existent for the last few years, and this past summer was the 1st summer boats could get on the lake since the draw down.  We were set up at 7:00am and fished till noon.  The ice was crystal clear and so was the water.  Being so clear we kept foot traffic to a minimum around the tip ups.  We ended up with about 7 flags.  4 perch, no bass or pickerel.  I have fished this lake for 40 years and never seen it this slow.  Was thinking the perch would have been plentiful since it hasn't been fished, but maybe during the draw down the Bass and pickerel had to eat something.  Not catching  either of those species has me wondering what's going on with the lake.  It was a beautiful morning, we were the only people on the lake and I got to spend it with my daughter 7 yrs old and my son who is 11.  I really can't complain to much. It brought back a lot of good memories when I was their age and fishing the same spot with my father and grandfather.  Good luck everyone and Have a happy New year!!!! 
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.