Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1699825 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #7650 on: Dec 05, 2020, 03:12 PM »
Online Pricing Standards

When an e-commerce website has had an incorrect price entered into its database, it can end up not only advertising that price but also accepting orders and charging customers' credit cards for that amount. The central issue here is whether retailers can void the contract created when orders were accepted.

The easiest way for a company to deal with such situations is to have website "terms of use" that clearly state the company can cancel orders and refund customers' money because of pricing errors (or for any reason). Otherwise, a common law doctrine known as "unilateral mistake of fact" applies. This doctrine allows a party to a contract to set aside the contract if honoring it would be "unconscionable," or if the other party could have reasonably assumed it was a mistake. A $1,000 item advertised for $10 likely would meet this definition.
Mistakes do happen and companies can post the correction in good faith.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline granite.lakers

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #7655 on: Dec 07, 2020, 11:56 AM »
It's hard to find many reviews on the Clam Gravity Elite Hybrid.  Few I've seen say that they are hard to drop 3mm tungstens...which I don't use often.  I have a few Ghosts and a couple CGI #8's that I've had for a few years and like, but am thinking about picking up one of these or one of the Picsifun inlines.  Thoughts from anyone on the gravity elite or better of with picsifun?

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7656 on: Dec 07, 2020, 01:04 PM »
It's hard to find many reviews on the Clam Gravity Elite Hybrid.  Few I've seen say that they are hard to drop 3mm tungstens...which I don't use often.  I have a few Ghosts and a couple CGI #8's that I've had for a few years and like, but am thinking about picking up one of these or one of the Picsifun inlines.  Thoughts from anyone on the gravity elite or better of with picsifun?

I can't recommend getting the piscifun inline reel, the set up of the trigger is in the direct path of the line making it very difficult to use the trigger without also catching the line. It's a pretty major flaw in design that they will most definitely be fixing before next season.
Da Pack!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #7657 on: Dec 07, 2020, 01:08 PM »
https://fishicestrong.com/

Sale going on right now including Titanium springs...Reg. $10, now $6.99. Prices will reflect in cart.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7658 on: Dec 07, 2020, 04:17 PM »

I have one, and the way I set up the drop drag it doesnt drop the super small jgs fast.  But if you set it any lighter the reel will back spin, this is a bigger problem.

Overall I really like it, I have a bunnch of the CGI Decent Reels and I like the feel of the clam one alot more.

Offline da_teacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7659 on: Dec 08, 2020, 08:45 AM »
Any deals for a single man flipover? I want to stay taking my daughter but rather not hassle with opening and setting up the popup that we have. 

Offline granite.lakers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7660 on: Dec 08, 2020, 09:23 AM »
Any deals for a single man flipover? I want to stay taking my daughter but rather not hassle with opening and setting up the popup that we have.

If you have a Fleet Farm within driving distance...

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/clam-fish-trap-kenai-pro-thermal-ice-fishing-shelter/0000000233584?bc=10417|10440|10442

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7661 on: Dec 08, 2020, 12:11 PM »
Would look for a 2 man, so she can go more as she grows. Also more room for snacks, moving around, toys, keeping heater at a safer distance, etc

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7662 on: Dec 08, 2020, 12:40 PM »

ADD YOUR LOCATION TO YOUR PROFILE .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline da_teacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7663 on: Dec 08, 2020, 11:34 PM »
If you have a Fleet Farm within driving distance...

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/clam-fish-trap-kenai-pro-thermal-ice-fishing-shelter/0000000233584?bc=10417|10440|10442

Dang.  That's a good deal.  I'm in Denver.  Not sure if a two man would fit into my car -- mid size SUV unless all the seats go down. 

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7665 on: Dec 09, 2020, 03:16 PM »
The picture does not match the description. I chatted with customer service, and the picture is wrong. It is not the ~100 reel, it is the $40 dollar direct drive model- thought I would save someone a bad surprise.

I wasn't looking, but thank you for saving someone that pain!  I had one of those fly style reels and did not like it.  Sold it to a kid who said he liked them.  Guess that's what makes the world go around.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7666 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:44 AM »
It looks like Cabela’s deeply discounts Garmin Ecomaps every year at this time. How long does the sale typically last?

I want to take advantage of the 93SV sale price, but I never have disposable cash around Christmas. As a rule, I never use credit cards to support my fishing equipment addiction. But, I’m nervous that the sale will end before/right after Christmas.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7667 on: Dec 10, 2020, 07:23 AM »
It looks like Cabela’s deeply discounts Garmin Ecomaps every year at this time. How long does the sale typically last?

I want to take advantage of the 93SV sale price, but I never have disposable cash around Christmas. As a rule, I never use credit cards to support my fishing equipment addiction. But, I’m nervous that the sale will end before/right after Christmas.

Thanks,
Mark

With this being 2020 ...who really knows ..Cabelas/BPS are notorious for not having updated stock on their sites. so that is a problem itself Good deals dont last long ..GREAT deals even less.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7668 on: Dec 10, 2020, 07:42 AM »

Thanks,
Mark

Between the price, 12% cashback from Active Junky, and the fact that their inventory only shows one available I'd buy now if you want to.

Offline markinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7669 on: Dec 10, 2020, 08:08 AM »
Lol, I got my answer (93SV now showing as out of stock)……looks like I will be stuck with the 7” screen again this year. Probably for the best….but, certainly not as much fun!

Offline bwjay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7670 on: Dec 10, 2020, 08:15 AM »
Lol, I got my answer (93SV now showing as out of stock)……looks like I will be stuck with the 7” screen again this year. Probably for the best….but, certainly not as much fun!

I believe you can get the same sale from Reeds and American Legacy Fishing. If you don't see the sale online, give them a call. I would not expect it to go on longer than the next week or two leading to Christmas, at the very longest.

Offline SmallBlockMuscle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7671 on: Dec 10, 2020, 09:17 AM »
I believe you can get the same sale from Reeds and American Legacy Fishing. If you don't see the sale online, give them a call. I would not expect it to go on longer than the next week or two leading to Christmas, at the very longest.

Garmin is still shipping more to the retailers. I bet Cabelas will have more coming, Reeds is getting a bunch more on 1/1

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7672 on: Dec 10, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Watched the In-Depth Outdoors wrap up video and they mentioned that Reeds Family Outdoors Outfitters out of Walker MN is running another sale this weekend, Friday-Sunday. 

This is because the Fargo Ice Show was canceled.  They mentioned that if you find a deal on line elsewhere, to give them a call during business hours and see what deal you can work out.  Sounds like they want to move product, so its always worth a shot. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7673 on: Dec 10, 2020, 12:33 PM »
I got mine from the GPS store, same price as cabelas but with free shipping

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7674 on: Dec 10, 2020, 02:02 PM »
I called Garmin to ask about the GT54 ducer that comes in that kit working through the ice.  The guy I spoke with told me that they’re just fire-selling inventory of the 93sv that comes with the GT54 ducer because the new kit has the GT56 ducer in it.  That said, once inventory of the kit with the GT54 ducer is gone, it’s done.  He said they won’t have sales like that on the one with the GT56 ducer and that’s also the reason the head unit, alone, isn’t drastically reduced.  Sounded like a situation where if you’re interested, I’d buy one if you find it in stock.  I got the kit for $519 from Cabela’s after all discounts and redeeming what few points I had.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7675 on: Dec 10, 2020, 04:02 PM »
Okuma Ceymar Baitfeeder 500 & 1000 on sale for $34.99. Just a reminder I usually price match at my nearest Scheels if you don't want to do online. Scheels will match online as well through the customer service chat.

https://www.marinegeneral.com/product/okuma-ceymar-baitfeeder-spinning-reel/

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7676 on: Dec 10, 2020, 05:38 PM »
Okuma Ceymar Baitfeeder 500 & 1000 on sale for $34.99. Just a reminder I usually price match at my nearest Scheels if you don't want to do online. Scheels will match online as well through the customer service chat.

That's a great price!  $9 shipping to Pennsylvania though.  I almost ordered a second.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7677 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:00 PM »

Thank you for posting...even with the shipping cost it’s a nice deal. Just purchased a 500 for one of my deadstick rods.

Offline bigtt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7678 on: Dec 10, 2020, 06:18 PM »

Thank you for posting . Just purchased two 500 for my deadstick rods.

Offline Ice Junkie 76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7679 on: Dec 10, 2020, 07:22 PM »
Will the 500 model work on 24 or 27 inch jigging rod. Not sure from the description online. Didn't see what line it recommends.  Great deal. Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.