Author Topic: snowmoblies and atv running over your traps  (Read 1501 times)

Offline happy perch fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
snowmoblies and atv running over your traps
« on: Feb 20, 2007, 07:55 PM »
I just want to see how many people its happned to. I was out at a lake where a truck ran over 1 of my tip up >:(. And the flag was 10 feet from me and my grandpa. We where only tracks on the lake. and the flag was easily visable only 5 feet from the rest of the stuff. He kept on driving and went around the island about 500 yards away. we where also the only one else on the lake at the time.Also he seen me yelling at him >:(.He also flipped me off :-[ :-\ :( :( >:(. we where all packed up and got on the quads my grandpa had just left when i see him walking towards to me he was about 25 yards away when he starts yelling at me. He get about 10 yards then he tells me that he left his truck light on :o. so i tell him have a nice walk and he then tries to stop me from driving away. But i just drive past him i stop 20 yards away and he start begging me to aleast take him to town to get his truck towed. Lol i told him to kiss my ass. Hope he enjoyed his 17 kilometer walk to town 12 kilomerters on a lake with foot and half a snow ;D. Aleast now he had time to think of how not be a asshole on the lake. Lol i did'nt know why he had to drive by me he had 1 kilometers on both sides. I know this may seem extremely mean but the water was going to be warm that night. What would u of done.

Offline artycat

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: snowmoblies and atv running over your traps
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2007, 07:59 PM »
That may have been a little harsh, I prolly would have gave him a jump, after he gave me $50 anyway ;)

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:02 PM »
I'm glad you shared it with us. I firmly believe what goes around comes around. If someone runs over your tip-ups, you can report them the a conservation officer. Get their license plate number make of vehicle and color if possible. Let them do the rest. It may or may not lead to prosecution,but at least shake up the idiot. Pictures would help too. Again, thanks for sharing...........
      Kim :tipup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS- It may have been a little harsh but what if your Grandpa was bending over the hole while checking his tip-up???? Money wouldn't buy him back and SORRY'S wouldn't either. These idiots have to wake up before they ruin it for the rest of us......
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline azz7772

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:08 PM »
that drives me insane you have miles of lake around you and these people come driving with their sled,truck,quad, ect. right through your tip ups to check and see if you have any fish on the ice , then if they see you are doing good they decide to come in your shack with their GPS in their hand and start giving you the twenty questions ....... WELL I SNAP LOOSE IT %^&^$##%  ???  ???  ???

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:08 PM »
Lol i the trap was homemade took me 2 hours. lol the guy look liked he needed the walk. He was aleast 300 pound and about 5'10 around 30 in age.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:12 PM »
lol he probably was about to stop because we had about 4 nice pike on the ice and alot of 9-11 inch perch.  ;D

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2007, 08:38 PM »
ida done the same exact thing, except i woulda pry thrown a snowball at em then drove away! lol good story! Keep em coming!

Offline Slammerman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's SLAMMIN' TIME !!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2007, 10:10 PM »
It does serve the guy right. In Michigan, we have fishermen and hunter harassment laws. I would have called the MDNR's hotline and filed a complaint. Running over someone's tip-up intentionally might also be considered malicious destruction of property also.

It hasn't happened to any of my tip-ups or other gear but I've seen it happen to others, especially tip-ups that lay flat on the ice. It must be the track on a snowmobile that causes them to be flung high into the air at times.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Screw him way to handle it!!! Some buttheads need a kick in the rear. He flipped you off so you let him walk. How justified maybe next time he will respect someones traps. Respect is earned not given. Therefore he did not deserve your respect. Have a nice walk fatty!!!!!! ;D

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline pizalm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Not to be a jerk but I'm gonna call bull. There's no way he drove 10 feet away from you unless you were fishing on a highway. ::)
pour me another one, I'm finished with the other one

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Nice work man. Out here in Wyoming that guy mighta got kneecappedd or something? Thank god we don't hafta worry about crap like that, heck we don't hardly ever see anybody at all.

Offline thrillbilly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2007, 03:05 PM »
i second the bull crap comment...i`ve read some of his previous posts ::) ::) ::)

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2007, 05:26 PM »
while to explain that we just had a huge snow storm and the snow had formed huge lumps. In different spots. So He probably was trying to follow are trail because we found a way to get past the the 2 to 3 foot lumps. He seriously drove right past are tents. maybe is was more like 15 feet but are stuff was right by it. but also the quad tracks are closer together. So he could'nt of follow it right on track. I think he was just about trying to get information off me and when he seen he hit the trap he decided to flip me off and drive away instead.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.