Author Topic: AERATION Question  (Read 1785 times)

Offline -ADKIceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get Some....
AERATION Question
« on: Feb 16, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Hello... I just ordered a commerical rubbermaid stock tank. 70 gal. model. Just wondering if anyone had some AERATION tips on what I should use for a pump. Any help would be great! This is for a bait tank.. darn bait is to expensive to throw away these days
--------------------
Rob K out!

15lb. mono leader for me!

"Its all in how you wiggle your worm!"

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: AERATION Question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2007, 02:07 AM »
I use a pump used for yard fountains or goldfish ponds that are popular now.  I have the smallest but they come in different size gph.  Home discount stores carry them and are realatively cheap.  The 4" pvc pipe has small holes drilled in it and I poured a little quickcrete cement in the bottom to help hold it upright then the pump is inside with a plastic hose coming out and an elbow on it.

Offline -ADKIceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get Some....
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2007, 06:54 AM »
ahhh. thanks oldbear  :)
--------------------
Rob K out!

15lb. mono leader for me!

"Its all in how you wiggle your worm!"

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2007, 11:47 AM »
I use a large aquarium pump.

Offline Scientist

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2007, 03:25 PM »
I use a pump used for yard fountains or goldfish ponds that are popular now.  I have the smallest but they come in different size gph.  Home discount stores carry them and are realatively cheap.  The 4" pvc pipe has small holes drilled in it and I poured a little quickcrete cement in the bottom to help hold it upright then the pump is inside with a plastic hose coming out and an elbow on it.

(Image removed from quote.)
If you really want to aerate your set up and pump more oxygen under water rather than having the water spray on top, drill a hole on top of the grey PVC elbow. The hole should be large enough in which a piece of 5/16 tubing can be inserted. Insert one piece of 5/16 tubing in the hole and submerse the elbow unit under water. The other end of the 5/16 tubing will have to be secured so as to not have it come in contact with water. What this will do create a cavitation and thousands of tiny bubbles will be dispersed throughout the tank. Just be mind full this set up is a bit louder. This is something I adapted from my saltwater reef aquarium.  ;D
breathing in, breathing out..this is life is all about ...We change when we start to make of life what we want.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.