Author Topic: Pakshak and buddy heater  (Read 1291 times)

Offline buzzr

• IceShanty Rookie
Pakshak and buddy heater
« on: Jan 30, 2010, 02:10 PM »
I recently bought a buddy heater to put in my pak shak,I've never had any type of shelter before,or heater either.Just wondering if leaving one side unzipped a little ways would be enough ventilation? It doesn't have a vent in the top or sides. Havn't got to use it yet because of bad ice conditions here,hoping feb is cold enough. Thanks for looking and be safe!!
GOD BLESS

Offline Walleye64

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pakshak and buddy heater
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2010, 02:21 PM »
I have a old clam with no vents and a buddy heater, I don't vent it. the buddy heaters dont give of carbine monoxide. I have a carbine monoxide detector and it never goes off. the buddy heaters are INDOORS SAFE. you will be safe with no ventilation.

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Vent the pakshak it's better to be safe, then dead. you will still be warm with the vents open.

Offline Gillgrabber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2010, 02:32 PM »
I'm not sure you can get the pakshak sealed enough to be completely ventless, but like he said "Better safe than dead".
Proud NRA Life Member
Nothing like spending time in the outdoors with Family & Friends.

Offline Walleye64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2010, 02:38 PM »
let me remind you guys the Buddy heater in INDOOR SAFE. I use mine 3 times a week all day with no ventilation. Yes I have a carbone monoxide detector. if you feel light headed then you know theres carbone monoxide in the air.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Don't forget thet the Buddy heater is also made to shut off if the air quality becomes bad long before it gets dangerous.

Offline carcaju

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2010, 03:57 PM »
the biproduct of burning propane is not carbon monoxide you do run the risk of lack of oxygen because it will burn it up if enclosed but i dont think you are going to be that enclosed. just open it up every once in a while to let some air in. besides if you put out tip-ups  tending them will have you going in and out anyways .and as previously stated it will shut down if the air gets to thin .believe me you will open it up if you run constantly because they put out alot of heat.

Offline buzzr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Thanks for the quick replys.  Don't want to take any chances. Prob wont be running it all the time but when running for long periods wiil let a little air move around.
GOD BLESS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.