Author Topic: BUY & SELL.....  (Read 2327 times)

fishtale51

BUY & SELL.....
« on: Feb 22, 2005, 02:37 PM »
Has a "buy & sell" forum ever been considered on this site?   If so, when?   If not, why?     I myself have several ice fishing items (lures in particular) for sale.  No doubt numerous ice fisherman tuned into "iceshanty" have items for sale or seeking to buy.

2/25/05
WOW!!!!!!!   Great responses on the issue of a "BUY & SELL" forum.    A few responses were short and to the point and others detailed and very thorough. 

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
Re: BUY & SELL.....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2005, 02:59 PM »
Careful,even mentioning selling something on here will get yor post deleted.it seems the mods think its to much of a pain or something to have a for sale forum.im sure they will elaborate.we had one but it appears to be gone forever >:(

stump

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The sweet smell of success!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2005, 03:22 PM »
I wish we had one, too.  I've got a couple shanties to sell, and don't really want to have to put them on ebay.  This site has over 10,000 members that could get a heck of a deal on a shanty I no longer need.

I would post it here but I have heard through the grapevine that posting items for sale will get you booted.

RoverOwner

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2005, 04:22 PM »
  Bummer! I had two screen doors for a submarine I wanted to sell.

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline shiner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Native Vermont Icer
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2005, 05:25 PM »
  Bummer! I had two screen doors for a submarine I wanted to sell.
  What size are them doors ? Want to see if they will fit my sub .   :roflmao: :roflmao: :wacko: ::) SHINER 8)

Offline Cook078

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good Fishing
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2005, 05:50 PM »

Well,.....hate to say it, but I think it would be a good idea tooo....

Mike
have a CRAPPIE day!!

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2005, 05:55 PM »
The "For Sale" was here.Then it was removed,will it return? Nope.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

MikeThePike

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2005, 09:35 PM »
The mods are just afraid people may join just to rip people off and then have no way to prove anything & complain to the mods about it, causing bad relations between mods & users. I can see valid reasons on both sides of the issue though.

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2005, 09:42 PM »
There is too much of a risk for people to get ripped off. I can understand the administrator and the mods for not having a for sale forum anymore. Yeah, it would be great to have one, but there are those people who would abuse it, so we cannot.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2005, 10:23 PM »
I think a classifieds section would be great. Then you  could have a seperate branch off forum for feedback, that way if one person gets dinked by someone, the next can atleast be warned.
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2005, 08:30 AM »
well if thats the only reason,why are we not allowed to post a ebay listing?no danger there, ebay is very safe.at least trackable to the person.It would release any liability of the mods.could just have a forum for ebay items.

stump

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2005, 12:43 PM »
I am on another forum where you gain access to more topics by your involvment in the forum. Why not have the same here? Once you hit say 300 or 400 posts you gain access to the "for sale" topic?

Just my .04 (it's for sale by the way  :P )

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I don't think the fact that the buy/sell forum was removed has anything to do with liability; a simple disclaimer would release the website from any sticky situations.  In my opinion it most probably has to do with the fact that the website has companies paying for advertisements (just look at the banners above if you don't believe me) and many websites and advertisers enter into an agreement similar to a non-compete clause that many businesses enter into.  Advertisers want your potential income and don't want you spending it elsewhere.  For instance if there is a company paying for an ad for ice rods, it wouldn't make sense to have another source where someone could potentially score one even if it's a used piece of equipment on the same website.  In my opinion the website is simply protecting it's own interest.....even if they disguise it as some other reason.

MikeThePike

« Reply #13 on: Feb 23, 2005, 07:46 PM »
well if thats the only reason,why are we not allowed to post a ebay listing?no danger there, ebay is very safe.at least trackable to the person.It would release any liability of the mods.could just have a forum for ebay items.

stump

There is nothing this site can do to stop you from posting an eBay auction, but eBay policy would stop you from advertising it on here.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Feb 23, 2005, 07:59 PM »
We've been there and done that and it was badly abused. In the end we dumped the whole thing...it just wasn't worth it.

EBay already exists and is there for the using. This site is about ice fishing information and we're dedicated to keeping it that way. Pretty simple really.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2005, 08:01 AM »
have a posting for when people put items on ebay and a direct link ??? just my .02

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.