The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster Customer (poor) Service??  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Semper Fi

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing? Hunting? So many decisions!!!
Strikemaster Customer (poor) Service??
« on: Mar 05, 2004, 12:50 PM »
Just received a reply back from Strikemaster's Customer Service on a simple request for the "O" ring that seals the end cap that the battery goes into in my PolarVision Digital Sonar. The seal had disintigrated when I went to change the batteries. I was told that I needed to call the manufacturer and they gave me a long distance number. Period, that's all! No we're sorry, we'll get you one, nothing. Makes me want to buy another one of their products. Yea, right! The thing doesn't work very well to start with unless it's got a clear water shot to the bottom. Glad I own a Jiffy auger!

Semper Fi
 >:( >:(
I worked all my life so I could retire to hunt and fish. What a good investment!!!!

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Strikemaster Customer (poor) Service??
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2004, 10:17 AM »
I guess it is the luck of the draw as far as you talking to the right person. I had a problem with my auger and got a tech that was all the help you ever needed. As much as you would like to believe that customer service should always be good, there is always someone who is not having a good day with any company. I have learned to tell them my problem and listen. I never give my name till I get a favorable answer. If their solution is not to my favor, I will call back the next day or even at night to get a different rep. You would be surprised at how many times you will win!!!

malves354

« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2004, 11:02 PM »
I have a strikemaster auger and had a problem and I called the service people, and they were wonderfull to work with. I cant say enough about the strikemaster products. It seems that when ever all the boys get together som bodys jiffy wont start and they end up using my strikemaster and saying "man thats got some power I had all I could do to hang on".

Offline Semper Fi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:51 AM »
I don't know about other people's Jiffys, but mine starts on the first or second pull every time. Now I do change the plug every couple of years, and touch up the cutting edges every so often, plus I keep fresh gas in it, with Stabil. But other than that, I've never had any trouble with mine. And as far as other augers go, I don't know, because mine has always worked. Maybe I'm just lucky, or don't know any better, but I'm completly satisfied with mine.

I agree that you can get someone with a bad day once in awhile, but this was a simple request via email. The answer wasn't impolite, just no help from someone who took my money, other than to pass off the responsibility to their supplier. I don't call that a bad day.... just substandard service.

Semper Fi  :)
I worked all my life so I could retire to hunt and fish. What a good investment!!!!

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2004, 10:31 AM »
I never said it was OK to be rude but that it does happen. I would certainly discipline an employee of mine for that kind of bulls--t!
On another note, all to often we try to make our equipment " the best " or the only thing that works. It is possible that there are two or more good quality augers!
What is best may be what you are more comfortable with or what you are used to. Although it is nice to see a company that you spent your hard earned money on their product back it 100%. If they were only smart enough to see how loyal that would make us!

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2004, 04:57 PM »
Cider,
I take care of my Jiffy the exact same way you do and
I have no problem with it and mine is 23+ years old.

MCfishnut

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2004, 08:52 PM »
While out ice fishing, I broke the air vent stem on my gas tank.  After I got home I ordered a new gas cap for my strikemaster auger by email on a Saturday afternoon.   On the following Thursday I receive my new cap in the mail in time to fish the following Saturday.   ;D

MCfishnut

Offline Semper Fi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2004, 08:21 AM »
Ok, I admit to only dealing with them on the Polar Vision. They may manufacture their augers and give very good customer service on them. Kudos to them on that. My point was only on  my experience on the sonar device.

Semper Fi 

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Hey Did you know your polar vision was made by marcum for strikemaster.  Interesting 'A'
Da-Roc
P.S.  You can use a regular o-ring on it too. Go to a heavy equipment shop the rings are about 29 cents american.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.