Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612162 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20370 on: Aug 03, 2020, 06:09 AM »
73* some clouds and a breeze.
IFF, good the wife got moved to a room and a visit from her friend. It all helps.
Bogtrotter, welcome to the morning club.
Mr. C, I will try, maybe....lol.
WS, another fine production by the film crew. Love the racoons.
Not fishing until the middle of the week. Wife wasn't feeling good yesterday so I stayed around the house most of the day. Watched the Space-X come home. How things have changed. I don't think any of the major news networks even knew it was coming back.

The wife is feeling much better this morning, we will see how she does with her meds at 8 o'clock.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20371 on: Aug 03, 2020, 09:09 AM »
An enjoyable start to the day. 63* with LES guessed to be around for  the next couple of days. The guessers missed it again the other day. They guessed .2 of an inch of rain. Quite a few places got 2 inches. I guess they got the  decimal point in the wrong place!

Bud Hopefully they can get your wife's issues figured out this time. At least she can have visitors now. That should help. I am lucky as I have many choices to get treatment if I am not satisficed at the one I am going to.

ww The over paid professional sports players of all venues are cutting their own throats with their kneeling for the National Anthem. When this covid thing is over they may find the stadiums empty because of this. How are the owners going to pay those ridiculous salaries if no one comes to watch them play?
There was an interesting segment on www.michiganoutofdoors tv.com last week fishing a reef out in Lake Superior for lake trout. They caught some monster lakers.

Marv When I was bear hunting the UP a guy that was hunting the same property told me that he put down mini marshmallows down on the trails the bears were using. He could her them coming sucking up them. It might not help there as the bears are coming for all directions. He also put them down around the bait so he could get them to turn and give him the shot he needed. Hopefully that new bear sticks around so your SIL can get a shot at it.

Hopefully your wife does not have to go near all of that nasty stuff that has been going on down in the city.

The toon has not been off of the dock since I put it in. With the temperature is in the lake I do not know where the fish have gone to find colder water. as it is very shallow. They would be mush any way. Some one mentioned my fishing walleye. They no longer plant them as they might eat their precious bass. When the wife posted a picture of the 32 inch northern I caught on a fly rod on FB last year some were not pleased that I let it go. The want all of the northerns gone to protect the Green Striped carp. They push killing them.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20372 on: Aug 03, 2020, 10:49 AM »
Good Morning ER's   Bud I hope Janice feels a bit better. TT your not the only one who's boat lies idle; mine is still on the car and hasn't been in yet all year. Congratulations to the graduate IW. Marv that's quite a walk 8 miles. Nice new videos. Stay safe and good health to all.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20373 on: Aug 03, 2020, 11:50 AM »
Hey you Southerners!!!
Come get your weather, it's drunk!!!!
Severe T'storm watch in effect today and more heat.
Cooling down for tomorrow though, which is good because I can't handle heat anymore.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20374 on: Aug 03, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Good day everyone sunny with partly cloudy sky temperature in the low eighties. If weather guessers are correct this is the claim before the rain comes around midnight and last through Tuesday hopefully i will see no major damage from the hurricane.
IFF good to read Janice is now in a part of the hospital that allows visitors. The visit from her friend should lift her spirits. Hope you can get her eating any antibiotics she may be on to fight the infections can mess up her digestive system as the good bacteria is killed off along with the bad bacteria.
Eddie glad some folks from each side stuck around after the rally and talked to each other personally think those inter-actions will be the ones to bring change and hopefully improvements to our country. May the coming storm not throw your work schedule off course.
Ice Wanderer glad your step grandson got to have a high school graduation ceremony. i'm still having problems at times getting inter-net connection other then my home page.
Hunts2long professional sports and their athletes all want to show they are sensitive to the concerns of the Black community and other people of color. It does seem to go a little overboard at times . May your wife be feeling better today and not have picked up any bug.
Tomturkey crazy how some folks get over a certain species of fish and feel it must be protected over all other fish species even if there choosen fish is not native to the area. May your wife be doing better thanks to her treatments.
Old Goat may you get the change to pit your boat in the water.
Drifter assume you enjoying the resumption of NHL games in your free time.
OldSailor,Capt.Jim,UFCreel may all be well with you and your families.

have a safe and good Monday.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20375 on: Aug 03, 2020, 07:45 PM »
Had severe T'storm warnings earlier but they missed us.
Some went North and some went South. Had one lightning strike 1/2 way down the lake.
Lot of lightning strikes from this system. Hope it doesn't start a ton of fires.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20376 on: Aug 04, 2020, 04:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  67 and raining, calling for 2-3” today with strong winds, high of 68. We have the day off today, plenty of work that could be done inside but no $$ budgeted to do it unfortunately.

Dave...wow, that’s a crazy amount of lightning strikes! Looks more like a map of something you’d see in Florida!  Hope things have settled down and no major fires as a result. How’s things going at the cabin? 
  Steve...hold on to your hat, looks like it’s going to be a rough ride for a while today! 
  OG...hope you get to launch the boat soon, I’m looking forward to the same thing soon!  :thumbsup:  Finding any good sales lately?
  Tom...thanks for the link, will check that out!  :thumbsup:  Agree on the professional sports/athletes...I gave up on football and basketball, sadly now baseball is on my list as well.
  H2...glad your wife is feeling better, hope the meds didn’t have a negative affect.  :thumbsup:  Imagine the river will be rising pretty good today with the rains expected.
  Wally...haven’t seen any cookies lately from the bakery... :whistle:  ;D. Any plans on visiting the grandchildren soon?
  Marv... thanks for the info, watched that video with my son and he was wondering about it...then we watched it again, lol.   That’s a serious long walk you’ve built up to daily...congratulation s!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...CONGRATULATIONS to the graduate, glad they were able to hold a ceremony for his class, so many kids missed out on that this year!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup: 
  Bud...hope the visitation went well for Janice yesterday, will be looking forward to your report! Prayers continued.... :thumbsup:

Picked a bunch of jalapeños yesterday, so today I’m going to make a batch or two of pepper jelly. There is a farm not far from here with a large blueberry/raspberry patch, so I’ll take a ride there and grab some locally grown. Might see Emerson later today instead of tomorrow...wife is very anxious to see him...guess we both are!   ;D      Cawfee’s on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20377 on: Aug 04, 2020, 04:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                        It's 65* and it started raining about 15 minutes ago @ 5:30.
                        Eddie.......Enjoy the day off, Pepper jelly, blueberries and visiting Emerson, what a great way to spend the day. :clap:
                        Dave.......Wow, that's a lot of lightening strikes. :o
                        OG..........Don't feel bad, I haven't been able to put the pontoon in the water yet either. :whistle:
                        Steve......I hope you can figure out the internet problems. :unsure:
                        Bud.........I hope things are better for your wife. :flex:
                        Marv.......You've built up to a long walk, soon you'll walk to New York if you are heading east. lol :roflmao:
                        Wally.......Looks like it will be inside things for today and tomorrow. :blink:
                        My friend that helped me with my driveway had some problems, so he had a woman from water and soil conservation
                come out to his place yesterday. He invited me to join in, we learned a lot from the visit.
                        I hope everyone hass a good Tuesday either at work or out if you can be. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20378 on: Aug 04, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, My wife is working today and will be coming home during the storm. Back has been really bothering me past few days. Getting injections next week. Will be taking in the bird feeders this morning so they don’t blow sway. Birds seem to be hunkered down somewhere.

IFF, That is good that they moved your wife to a room where she can have visitors. Hopefully that will help lift her spirits. Prayers for both of you.

Drifter, Thats good news that the storm missed you. Hope your feeling better.

Mr Clean, Hope you stay safe during the storm.

Tom Turkey, Seems like people these days aren’t happy unless they are complaining about something. I know me and my wife aren’t watching any sports because of all the protesting.

Hunts2long, I hope your wife is feeling better.

WallyWorld, Is Mr WallyWorld on duty during this storm?

Hunts2long, WOW 8 miles. I have trouble walking a 1/4 mile. Praying you get good results on your blood work.

Ice Wanderer, Congratulations to your wife’s grandson on graduating.

Mason Eddie, Are you going to be working today with the impending hurricane? I saw on the news this morning they were preparing for flooding.

I hope everyone stays safe during the hurricane. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20379 on: Aug 04, 2020, 05:21 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....fingers crossed MrsIFF 's spirits are lifting and her health is slowly improving  ;)

H2L.....hope MrsH2 is feeling much better today  ;)

IW.....always more to learn when you meet a professional  :)

TT......thanks for the link, those are some monster lakers for sure  :thumbsup:  also the reason fishing boats should NEVER be carpeted  :nono: :pinch:

WS.....it would be interesting to chart your miles in a straight line on a map and see where you end up  :flex: :woot: 

Eddie.....not much baking going on with the temps/humidity this summer  :-\  besides not visiting the grandkids and all the FD events I would normally bake for were canceled this year  :(  enjoy your visit with Emerson  :clap:

MrC......hope the storm today doesn't result in much damage  :-\

IF45/CapJ.....also hope your areas don't get hit too hard today  :-\

Drifter......fingers crossed no fires got started  :blink:

Nice gentle rain here, no wind  :)  think the worst of the storm is staying east of us out towards Eddie's area  :whistle:  will be finding some inside projects today  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20380 on: Aug 04, 2020, 05:41 AM »
Whoa Dave, that's a lot of lighting strikes, Ditto on no fires up there.

Eddie  I think the visit did her good.  Rita is the daughters God Mother.  Meant a lot to Janice to see her.  Kid on the door to check if you have any virus semptons wouldn't allow all three of us go into the hospital at the same time :cookoo: Understandable only one visitor at a time, at first didn't want but only one going to that floor.  I ask then what is the lounge/waiting area at the elevators for ?, again he states the rule is only one at a time, in the hospital.  I told him that is BS, and guess to do what he was assigned to do didn't require any common sense.  So I told the daughter to go on up that we would wait outside in the heat. :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:  When it was my turn, the crew up on that floor, didn't mind even more than one in the room with, Janice and knew a printed application for Medicaid had been dropped off as well as a printed copy of the power of attorney, to fill out as they couldn't find one on file.  They are still attempting to get the infections under control, still pumping in antibiotics, and smearing stuff on the open wound's, I don't see any improvement in all the swelling  :unsure:
Mrs seemed a little confused as why I wasn't in my work clothes, forgetting that I had been home with her, 24/7 since 7/20.

Its my understanding, applying for Medicaid takes about 45 days to get approved.  Sure don't like the down side of the attachments/leans on things, meaning have to sell the home, if it comes too that.  Guess that's the area of getting old, and I realize some people even have it worse.

Had some rain clouds in the area but not a drop.  Got to take a break, and watch the Rockies pull off another win, a nail bitter at the end though :whistle:

Looks like Dave has more water than usual and east coast getting more than they might want.

time for another "nap" and see how today might play out. :unsure:

Take care all.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20381 on: Aug 04, 2020, 05:44 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

55 degrees with dew points in the low 50's. Things promise to get ugly as the weekend comes with temps and humidity both on the high side.

Thoughts and prayers to all our friends to the east that you will escape any violent weather.

The girls are hitting one of the local lakes this morning. It will be interesting to see if the lake is still cluttered with boats.

The birds were quiet here yesterday so there wasn't much to share. I am hoping for more activity today.

Tomorrow I am heading to the shack and plan to spend most of the day. I am actually hauling some wood up there to fill the woodshed and do some work out in the woods. I am bringing a brush saw with and a couple chainsaws to clean up a couple areas that have got over grown.

Time to hike down the road. I have no plans of increasing the length of my walk, at least for this year. Right now I have a very nice loop that takes in a variety of sights. My favorite is a densely wooded area that borders a huge bean field. Most days I can spot some critters feeding along the edges. 

Hope you all have as good of day as possible :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20382 on: Aug 04, 2020, 07:37 AM »
I just moved my NOOA radar to see how my nephew is faring out in Newport News VA with the storm. It looks like he is about through with it. Being able to move the radar all around the country is why I like NOOA radar.

Marv It sounds like we are going to get that cool over night tonight. OOOPs I just looked it is only 54* this morning Sadly it sounds like we are gong back up in heat and humdddity this week end.

Maybe you need to bear proof the shack like they do in Canada and Alaska. A friend of mine kept his bird feed in a plastic garbage can in his shed. The mice chewed a hole in the can. His monster bear could smell it and tore the T-111 siding off the shed to get at it. He sent me picture of the bear climbing up on the picnic table to feed on apples on the table. It had not  worries about him and his grandkids a few feet away in the house watching it chow down. In another picture it showed that the bears hind foot  almost covered the two 2x6's that were the seat on the table.

ww I agree about not having carpet on the floor of a boat. My toon has carpet that gets green algae on it sitting at the dock. It is a pain to get it blown off with the power washer. They really get in to some big lakers on that reef.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20383 on: Aug 04, 2020, 07:48 AM »
69* and light rain.
Blood work went well. The "kid" that took my blood said he went to 8 places before he found a jet-ski to buy. Asked me if the the lake is always "this busy".  Told him that there will be a lot of boats for sale next year.

Wife is doing fine, must have been 24 hour bug. She has an on-line appt. with a Dr. from NYC this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20384 on: Aug 04, 2020, 06:54 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

I glued some videos together to make a movie.

I plan to spend tomorrow at the shack, heading up when the "Office" comes to order ???

It may be a couple days before I can get a bear movie up, we'll see.

Hope you all are having a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20385 on: Aug 04, 2020, 08:56 PM »
Good evening,may all of you who were or are still in the path of tropical storm Isaias be well and have no or minor problems from the storm. Heavy rains and winds arrived around noon time in my area by 4 PM rain had stopped and only had some wind to deal with sun made an appearance to close out Day light hours. A little excitement here from the storm a couple small tree branches fell on one of the power lines did not bring down the line but both branches started to smolder called 911 and then went out to move my vehicle. The branches are close to my parking spot wanted to give fire truck room by time I had moved to  a visitor parking spot fire dept. was here stayed maybe ten minutes thankfully both branches burnt out with no damage  or power interruption.(Before trees got the leaves I could see the local fire house only local Methodist church between my complex and the fire house handy when things like this occur)
drifter that is a heck of a lot of lightening strikes may there not be any wildfires near you.
Eddie guessing you may see a reduced number of work hours this year because of limited funding. Hope you were able to pick the peppers and get berries before the storm arrived in your area. I had the TV on earlier heard there was a flash flood warning for your area.
Ice Wanderer may your friend and you now have new knowledge to use when dealing with soil and water problems . Hope your friend's issue is minor.
Icefisher-45 hope your wife did not get stuck at the hospital because of the storm. May the injections help your back.
Wallyworld from radar images I saw on the Weather Chanel appears the Western edge of Isaias came through your area Hope Mr.WW and his fellow fire fighters did not have to respond to any calls for service.
IFF wish my father was still alive he might have been able to help you navigate the medicare system. He had power of attorney for an elderly congregation member she ended up out living my father. I would contact local Medicare office and get an appointment to talk with someone and have them explain what you need to do you do not have spend all of Janice's/your money and give up all belongings to qualify for better benefits. It may be a good idea to speak with an attorney who specializes in Elder care. Glad Rita arrived safely and was able to visit with Janice. Praying the doctors and nurses can get infections controlled and her open wounds heal .
TomTurkey good to read your Nephew did not suffer major problems from Isaias . may your friend in Alaska be able to keep a peaceful relationship with the local bear population.
Hunts2long glad your wife is fine and your blood work session was a good one. May her on-line appt. today have gone off without any new problems.
Whopper Stopper hope the "Girls" had a good fishing trip. safe travels to you tomorrow don't forget to pack the insect repellent. may you get all of the planed work completed. Thank you for the video/movie .
Capt. Jim may you and the family be safe. hope the storm did not cause major damage to the NJ.shore.

May everyone be safe and have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20386 on: Aug 05, 2020, 02:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D    63 this am under partly cloudy skies, high of 75 today...adios Isaias!!   :thumbsup:

Steve...glad the branches didn’t commit a bigger problem with the power lines, thought for sure we were going to lose power a few times as well yesterday. That was a pretty intense storm, lots of warnings from the weather service, but no severe damage or flash flooding here locally that I saw after it passed...other than some of my garden, lol.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...another excellent video, that buck is starting to look handsome now! Safe travels to the shack today, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  H2...glad the blood work went well, hope your wife’s appointment went well and she’s feeling better, awesome!   :clap:
  Tom...hope you can get a chance this week to take the pontoon for a cruise around the lake. Thanks for the bear story, must have been a pretty intense moment for your buddy watching the bear destroy the shed!   :woot:
  Bud...thanks for sharing the update, prayers continued for you both and better progress each passing day for your wife.  Hang in there ... :thumbsup:
  Wally...understand on the baking and adding more heat in the house!  We held off on the visit yesterday, the rain and wind were in high gear around the same time we planned to leave...this afternoon though!   :thumbsup:
  I-45...hope the back pain has let up some today and your area wasn’t hit too hard with the storm!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...was the soil conditions for placing a new septic or having to go with a raised system?  Got the blueberries and made the jelly yesterday, so completed most of my agenda for the rain day!   ;D

Running a bit behind this am, but it sure was nice having power on. Thought for sure we’d have some trouble with lots of limbs falling...back to laying marble this am.    Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20387 on: Aug 05, 2020, 04:51 AM »

It's 63* here as well. ::)
                          Eddie.......Sometimes I get ahead of myself when typing, I should have said : my friend had some problems in his garden.
                 Soil and water came out took some soil samples to sent to a lab, she did do a Ph test on site, his Ph was too high, 8. :whistle:
                          Marv........Another great montage of the animals. Have a safe trip to "the Shack" hopefully you'll have more bear videos. :thumbsup:
                          Steve ......Isais was a dud up this way, we got 2.9" of rain and hardly any wind. :o
                          Tom.........Bears sure are powerful animals, I have seen sheds ripped open to get to garbage stored in it. :blink:
                          Bud.........I hope your wife's condition improves and and can return home soon. :flex:
                          Wally.......At the time of your post, the rain was gentle but got heavier as the day progressed. :unsure:
                          H2l..........It's alway good when the blood work goes well. Any plans on getting out on the lake soon. ???
                          I-45.........Why such a long wait for the injections, I hope they help relieve the pain. :flex:
                          I have therapy later this morning, other than that not much going on.
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20388 on: Aug 05, 2020, 04:54 AM »
Up early yesterday, visiting opens 5:30 AM M-F, then until 8:00 PM, she ask why I wasn't working ??? She forgot I had left work when she was sent home from the hospital 7/20 and that I had taken off work when they first called on the 17th. to come get her, to be with her 24/7.  Then suggested I go to work, I called the assistant manager and ask if they could use some help today   :unsure: Started off, you can come in ?? Yes, Ok that would be great she would tell the Manager.  I got the biggest hug when I got there.  They were really short handed with 5 out of 8 not there.  Filled them in on what was going on with Janice, then was told, I could make my own hours, and come in as little or as much as I could handle.  Stayed 10-5:00, went straight to the hospital.  And see they were pumping in more Blood  :wacko: :blink:  :o  When that was finished the nurse was calling for help to roll her over to redress the open sore, skinless areas.  Again I was  :o :o :o :o on how to put it mildly swollen, not sure If I have ever mentioned, she had gained close to 60 pounds over 5 weeks time.  Mechelin tireman on steriods is more like it. She is only 5' 4".  I was at a loss for words when out of no where she asks me If I had anything I wanted to apologize for ?  to tell me now, because I may never get to go home.  Made me want to  :'( :'(

Marv, those things sure are growing up fast, you sure you're not living in a Zoo ?  If I remember where your "shack" is located would never guess it had bear's in the area.

Eddie oh it just dawned on me that, that storm was running over you.  Would have had me under cover for sure.  Don't like the thought of Twisters either.

Steve again thanks for the suggestions,  Think I found one lady that can explain it and get it threw my thick/confused head.

Glad I can go to work and not just sit here or at the hospital, and take the weight off if only for a little while.

Jeff, hows your progress going ?  Improving we hope.

think I better plan on eating something for a breakfast, any suggestions ?
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20389 on: Aug 05, 2020, 05:31 AM »
Good Morning ER's excuse me while I find some tooth picks for the eyes there sticking shut. Bud enjoy your breakfast; and your new hours. Hope Janice shows a little improvement today.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20390 on: Aug 05, 2020, 05:36 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....so sorry MrsIFF is still struggling  :'(  we're all praying for both of you, hang in there.  glad your bosses are allowing you so much flexibility, a touch of "normal" will help you get thru whatever the future holds. A western omelet, rye toast with peanut butter and coffee sounds good  ;D

IW.....have a good pt session  :flex:

H2L....glad MrsH2 is feeling better and your blood work passed  :clap:

MrC.....good to hear the storm didn't create too many issues in your area  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....how are the new Mom and Dad doing  ???  glad you got your to do list checked off yesterday and you also didn't have any major damage  ;)

WS.....thanks for another great movie  :thumbsup:  have a good day at the shack, watch out for roaming bears  ;)2 :whistle:

IF45.....hope Mrs45 made it home from work w/o any storm related problems  ;)

CapJ....fingers crossed you weren't in the line of fire yesterday  :blink:

TT.....how's Sophie doing, still chewing things up  ???

Got about 1 & 1/4" of rain yesterday, very little wind  :clap:  about 6:00 this appeared

Not much planned for today, tomorrow we're taking my brother fishing, hope the change in temps/humidity has the eyes ready to play  :woot:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20391 on: Aug 05, 2020, 06:10 AM »
61* and some sun.
IFF, you and the wife are in my thoughts. Good that your work place is willing to let you choose your hours. I think we should head over to WW's for breakfast.
WS, another great video. Nice looking buck.
WW, good luck on Thursday, I think I will be on the water myself.

The wife's on-line was cancelled until today, the Dr. lost power at home due to storm. We got rain, heavy at times but only about 3 hours of wind. I have a wet spot on the living room ceiling this morning. Have a feeling the wind caused some water to get under the flashing.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #20392 on: Aug 05, 2020, 08:15 AM »
Good Morning, Everybody

Sunny with lower humidity, mid 80's for the high

When the storm blew it, it was to the west of us, so, we got some rain, but more wind, tree damage all over the area, power was out for 2 hours-we got lucky, yard cleanup
     today from the small branches-no chainsaw this time

I.F.F. - Best wishes to you & the wife, I hate hearing stuff like what is happening with you both

Mason - Congratulations to be passed on to all for new grandson, Emerson

I.W. - I see the hand gets more visits with the P.T., every bit helps, good luck

Mrs. W.W. = Clean - No major setbacks right now with things, still plugging along cleaning, packing, getting ready to move, glad we started early as opposed to waiting
     till the last minute-23 years worth of stuff is a LOT of sifting and sorting to do, 1 bag of trash-3 bags to donate has been the rule

H2L - Glad bloodwork went well, Wife doing ok, still plenty of people without power here as of 9:00 p.m. last night

45 - Good Luck with the shots, hope they work

T.T. - The NWS (National Weather Service) website has some cool stuff on it

A 15 yd. dumpster will be arriving here by the weekend so I can start on my portion of the cleanup/packing, I really can't do too much till Ellie is done because she can't
     lift heavy items, she loads up a box or bag & then I move it out of the way, she has been finding lots of stuff from Melisa, I see a lip quiver but no tears, Kimberly still
     has a load of items here in storage, I wonder where she will be putting it all when it gets taken over to her house ;D

Drifter - Your making some good progress on the cabin from the looks of  things on the other thread - looks good & good luck

Any kind of fishing this year does not exist for me, unfortunately, it's not killing me, I keep looking forward to the new adventure about to take place and that helps to keep
     me focused - grandkids, new homestead, new areas to explore - can't wait

If you are new to the group, welcome and jump in at any time

Sorry if I missed someone

Be Safe-Stay Cool-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20393 on: Aug 05, 2020, 11:22 AM »
Good day,blue sky with a few clouds,light wind and sunshine here currently. Temperature headed to the mid eighties  Isaias did bring back the humidity. happy to see from posts of those in the storms path that everyone came through in good shape.
Eddie glad you got your blueberries and were able to make the pepper jelly. Hope you don't find this in bad shape at the job site. You and Mrs Mason have fun with emerson this afternoon. How are his parents adjusting to the new family addition.
Ice wanderer good to read your friend's problem was with his garden now that the soil has been tested may he be able to take steps to lower the PH and get some vegetables growing. May you have a good PT session. Hope your Wife's family in Vermont came through the storm problem free I know there was a tornado warning in part of the Green Mountain state.
IFF you are welcome happy to read you have found someone to help you wade through the Medicare system. Also glad your employer is so understanding and you received a warm welcome back from coworkers. May Janice start turning the corner on the infections.
wallyworld i see the wood shed is stocked and ready for Winter. have a good fishing trip with your brother tomorrow.
Hunts2long wind driven rain can get into a lot of place may the ceiling dry out and not need a repair o. My sister ran into the same problem yesterday not able to on-line conference with her boss.
Capt.Jim good to read you came through Isaias in good shape. Hope the Jersey Shore area is in good shape, I know some places and people are finally recovering from the effects of Sandy back in 2012. Great that you have found places to donate some of your belongings.

Have a good Wednesday everyone ,stay safe and healthly.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20394 on: Aug 06, 2020, 02:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 56 on the Hill this am, high of 76.

Bud...prayers continued for your wife, hoping each day will bring some better news.  That was good news on your returning back to work and adjusting your own hours...I’m sure they missed you!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Steve...the new parents are doing well and adjusting just fine. We had to put off our visit yesterday unfortunately, but we’ll meet this afternoon.  :thumbsup:  No problems down at the workplace, did see quite a few trees down on in my travels yesterday.
  Capt.J...glad to see you posting Sir!  :clap:  Glad to read that your area wasn’t hit real hard. Best wishes sent your way getting ready for your new adventure!  :thumbsup:
  H2...best of luck with the fishing today if that’s on the agenda!  Hope yesterday’s appointment went well for your wife.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...should be a pleasant day to be out on the boat today....best of luck with the fishing!  Thanks for sharing the picture, beautiful.   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope the therapy went well yesterday, hope your buddy sees some good results soon adjusting the Ph. :thumbsup: 
  Marv...will be looking forward to your reply this am!   :thumbsup:

We had a pleasant day yesterday laying marble, nice cool start in the morning and a breeze most of the day. They had a farmers market yesterday, only 3 vendors, prices were pretty steep....not many people, it’s like a ghost town still down there.
  Time to get ready for 8 more...Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20395 on: Aug 06, 2020, 03:55 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello before grabbing a cup of coffee and getting on the road for the lake  :clap: :thumbsup:

This is for you Eddie....

boat snacks  ;)2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20396 on: Aug 06, 2020, 04:07 AM »

It's 60* and clear with a high near 80* today.
                       Eddie.........The soil and water girl said that it might be a little late this year that adjusting the Ph won't help. But it will
               for next year. :unsure:
                       H2l............I hope yesterdays appointment went well, Today looks like a nice day to be on the lake. :flex:
                       Marv..........How was your trip to "The Shack"? ??? I'll check in to see the video you will put together. :thumbsup:
                       Capt.J........Packing is such a chore but it does give a chance to get rid of the things that are not used. Good luck Sir! :clap:
                       Wally..........Today might be a good day for you and Mr. WW to get out. :thumbsup:
                       On Tuesday MW delivered 2 loads of top soil so I can fill in along my driveway, I got half of one load spread yesterday after therapy.
                It looks like I will have a lot left over. I hope to finish it today.
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20397 on: Aug 06, 2020, 04:54 AM »
66* and going to 90* again today.  10% chance of afternoon thunder storms next few days.

Janice wanted to have her hair washed, took in the blow dryer and curling iron,  She did want to move to a chair, Getting her off the bed and into the chair right at the edge of the bed was all they could handle.  Rather than bend over a pan of water I just wrapped a big towel around her head and used a cup to pour warn water on.  She was happy, that's what counted anyway. :thumbsup:  She had some sausage with gravy, and a pudding cup,  for her evening meal.  :thumbsup: not seeing much change in the swelling, Hope they are giving her something in the way of a stool softner, with all the opioids they have been giving her for her pains.

WW good luck with the catching.

Picked another bucket of tomatoes, will take it in and pass it around, what's left will need to be canned.  Sure are tasty ones.

Bacon tomatoes sandwich, heavy on the tomatoes is whats for breakfast today  ;D then another long day.

Take care all
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20398 on: Aug 06, 2020, 05:04 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

62 with a high of 80 today. Unfortunately Les has moved on and the ugly dew points are returning through the weekend :%$#!:

WW best of luck on the lake today :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie I have noticed the same here with the vegetable growers. There are a couple  farmer markets close by and they remain void of people. Glad to read the weather was on your side for work, may that continue today :thumbsup:

IW don't over do things spreading dirt :nono: (That was for WW) Hope the therapy went well :thumbsup:

Yesterdays shack run was productive.......Both of them ???

I got to the shack at 8:45am and kept busy until around 1:30pm. The bears scored a win on evading the cameras. The main camera which we had switched last week got tipped right off the bat. Of course I didn't realize it was pushed up and to the right until I saw the videos when I returned home at 4pm. They didn't move it much, but just enough to only have 3 videos of a bird. The frosting tree camera only had a handful of videos on it, I may put them together tonight.

The worst part of the camera being tipped was that not only did we have zip for the week for videos, but everything I did yesterday would also be zip until the camera was fixed. Half the fun of baiting is seeing what is coming so around 4:30 my wife said "Lets run back up there and fix it". So she packed a picnic basket and away we went eating on the way.

When we got back out to the pit it had already been broken into, so I piled all the logs back in the hole and we fixed the camera. I showed her a couple things I had done around the shack and then it was back on the road. We made it home by 9pm but by then I was beat and ready for bed.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20399 on: Aug 06, 2020, 05:19 AM »
54* and a mist coming off the water.
WW, cookies look good.
Capt. Jim, good to see you.
IFF, hope the wife is improving. Good job with the hair wash.
WS, sounds like a busy day.
Eddie, wife said everything is going up in Price Chopper.
My Dr. seemed pleased with my check-up. Told me I may need a pace-maker before I am 90....lol
Well, the boat is ready to go, Lindsay should be here in awhile.....have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.