Author Topic: $5.00/gal Gas. OMG. How will this affect your summer plans.  (Read 7969 times)

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
Guy on the new tonight says gas will hit $5.00/gal. think I will fish in the pond alot more. It will take $75 to $80 ,to fill my truck. Plus the gas for the boat. Man was looking forward to making some trips this summer. May have to wait and see if its in the budget.Gas was $1.92 when we got a new president. What 's going on. If they want more money,why not make more gas and sell more? No, they have to make less and charge more.When I was a kid it was $0.25/gal and milk was $0.85/gal. Inflation sure raised everything.Hate to see what happens.Hope he is wrong. O.K. I'm done ranting. :%$#!:
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline ebour

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • youth weekend warrior
Re: $5.00/gal Gas. OMG. How will this affect your summer plans.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Just try a different method of obtaining gas, such as algae. They are trying different ways, and if they were applied gas prices wouldn't be outrageous. That is my thought on this subject
I like fishing. No point trying to argue.

Offline mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Just try a different method of obtaining gas, such as algae. They are trying different ways, and if they were applied gas prices wouldn't be outrageous. That is my thought on this subject

Wait till you pay for gas it sucks! :'(  Im not sure algae will solve the Obama problem we have in the US

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Offline ebour

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • youth weekend warrior
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:28 PM »
True. Haha by then hopefully we should have efficient solar powered cars. Obama will work things out.
I like fishing. No point trying to argue.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:40 PM »
True. Haha by then hopefully we should have efficient solar powered cars. Obama will work things out.

LMAO...have you seen some of the cars they are planning on coming out with.  Solar, battery, algae, whatever fuel it does not matter because they are not big enough to put a family of 4 in and travel more than 30 miles comfortably.  They are small, not practical for anything outdoors related, can't tow any type of boat, and they want 40K + for them.  Who is going to buy a car that could fit in a full size pickups bed for more than the cost of a full size 4wd pickup?  No matter how you look at it the oil companies and car companies are going to give it to you good, so drop those trousers, grab your ankles and brace yourself.....cause it is coming!!!

Sad thing is there is plenty of oil in the gulf of mexico and alaska that we would not have to import it, but the tree huggers won't allow drilling to get to it.

Offline LPiceFishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:17 PM »
I paid $3.60 for gas today. It's deft on it's way to five. I would buy one of those alternative fuel trucks if I could find one that didn't look like a space ship.
Just joined PETA: people eating tasty animals

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:33 PM »
Pump and runs will be increasing

Offline moonbeam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2011, 11:11 PM »
LMAO...have you seen some of the cars they are planning on coming out with.  Solar, battery, algae, whatever fuel it does not matter because they are not big enough to put a family of 4 in and travel more than 30 miles comfortably.  They are small, not practical for anything outdoors related, can't tow any type of boat, and they want 40K + for them.  Who is going to buy a car that could fit in a full size pickups bed for more than the cost of a full size 4wd pickup?  No matter how you look at it the oil companies and car companies are going to give it to you good, so drop those trousers, grab your ankles and brace yourself.....cause it is coming!!!

Sad thing is there is plenty of oil in the gulf of mexico and alaska that we would not have to import it, but the tree huggers won't allow drilling to get to it.
Drilling would only go to Big Oil (fairly confident in stating they have "our" oil rights). This means Great Britain, Germany and probably China now. Majority of our Alaskan crude goes overseas now. New oil would follow this route also irregardless of where it originated. Washington has no say in "oil commerce", even G.W. told us that the first time gas went $4.00+. Our demand is our curse and we have yet to accept it. Treehuggers, environmentalists and the other clowns surely cannot sway government as we think they can. I truly believe when Big Oil is ready to drill, they will drill where and when they want. And as always the flow will go with the  money.  This concludes my opinion expressing moment with no malice toward anyone. (FYI...I'm fueling two 4wds, go figure ;D ) Enjoy the upcoming soft water and thank our lucky stars we're in a country where we can rant without the worry of disappearing in the middle of the night :o 
WAIVER....."NO ANIMALS WERE ABUSED OR INJURED MAKING THIS MESSAGE."

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2011, 11:40 PM »
everytime those arab countries get a hair crossways :wacko:, gas goes up. And the US oil companies love it :thumbsup: :clap:. All they need is a excuse to raise prices. There's a saying, all I have to do in life is pay taxes and die. Now its 3 things Americans have to do, pay taxes, die, and get screwed by oil companies :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:....

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline South33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tips Down! Flags Up!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2011, 11:43 PM »
Save up for a bike... :woot:

Offline bradmoun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2011, 03:55 AM »
I remember when gas was 77 cents. And twenty bucks filled the tank. My job is so slow right now be lucky to have one by summer. So there is no summer vacations this year. Got a few good fishin spots. Close so I won't have to drive far.

Offline 1lurker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2011, 04:43 AM »
With all the oil refineries in the area you would think it would be cheaper here! I work at all of them and all of their crude comes here from pipelines around north America and is sent overseas while we import our own gas. So sad! Oh yea, and G.W.benefits from it all. Politics are all corrupt!

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:09 AM »
fuel companies work for stock holders ,not you, no matter what happens in what i call the land hate and evil they have been killing each other for over 10000 years now they want that evil to spread i say NO!!!!!!!!!! CUT THE CORD BABY. BUY AMERICAN OIL. let America take care of America ,by the time they are done kiling each other they will be looking towards us for help ,then it will be our turn to say what is what .

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:30 AM »
Save up for a bike... :woot:
A Shwinn or Huffy?

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2011, 06:17 AM »
Maybe skate boards , roller skates, or put a sail on you truck for wind power.....Glad I work at home. will be tuff on those who commute a long ways to work. Lots of people will be working their first hour or 2 just to pay for gas to get there....

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:37 AM »
I remember 22.9 man am I that old.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:37 AM »
This is an orchestrated looting of the consumer. We all need to remember the recently failing banks that speculated with our money, lost it and had to be bailed out by our money again. Now you have oil speculation running amok combined with other perfectly capable oil companies slashing production. Add to this the Middle East chrisis and its the perfect storm for Big oil to rape the general public. Follow the Money....Soros has contributed $ to both sides of the opposition in Libya and at the same time bought a 29% stake in an Oil company that is going on line. This is criminal in my opinion and the entire administration for the last several Presidents have been puppets for the Mega Corporations. The sad thing is that this looting of humanity has only scratched the surface. What do you think that $5.00 a gallon gasoline will do for grocery items? Well inflation is a soft word in my opinion....look for hyperinflation and add to it that the printing presses have been smoking out overtime running fiat currency and the purchasing power of the dollar is on the skids. Sorry to rant but thats just the way I see it.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline asselin24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:47 AM »
Pump and runs will be increasing

I don't know where you get gas, but pump and runs are becoming a thing of the past. I have not seen a gas station in years where you don't have to prepay for gas.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 24, 2011, 08:42 AM »
I don't know where you get gas, but pump and runs are becoming a thing of the past. I have not seen a gas station in years where you don't have to prepay for gas.
Theres still a few around.
Dont worry, They will wait till you fill it up and then car jack you..........even worse

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 24, 2011, 09:57 AM »
I will be Forced to Fish Closer to Home like we did in 2008,
The Sad part is,there is Plenty of Oil in the Ground Here and over seas...
The bigger impact....Jobs in this Country ????
The Economy will Certainly Tank....
And the Deficit Will continue to Roar Past the Present $44,000 owed by Every Man,Women and Child....
According  to The Energy Experts in this Country,If Saudi is the Next Country,
To Have a Conflict,we will see the First Ever $6.00 Gal Of Gas,At that Point
We will ALL be Sitting at Home,Jobless,and Certainly Fish less...
At that Point they can Eat there Crude Oil !!!!
Oh and I forgot to Mention, BP has to make up for Lost Profits,During There Historic Spill....

I better Stop.....

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 24, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Get your guns loaded and ready because the **** is going to hit the fan! 5.00 dollar a gallon gas is going to cause crime to skyrocket because nobody will be able to afford anything. Remember gas price affects everything we americans buy, not just at the pump... it's all a conspiracy and our government has sold us out!

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 24, 2011, 10:19 AM »
Have you all noticed the CHANGE since OBAMA,it got worst !

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 24, 2011, 10:30 AM »

Yes it has! All Obama knows how to do is print money to band aid the problem!!! Now the dollar is worthless, gold is thru the roof per oz, gas is thru the roof, the government sold all our futures to china, basically we have no control over our economy! Hopefully the price of vaseline dont go thru the roof, that way I can still afford something to help ease the pain lol!

Offline waterfowler360

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 24, 2011, 10:56 AM »
Yes it has! All Obama knows how to do is print money to band aid the problem!!! Now the dollar is worthless, gold is thru the roof per oz, gas is thru the roof, the government sold all our futures to china, basically we have no control over our economy! Hopefully the price of vaseline dont go thru the roof, that way I can still afford something to help ease the pain lol!

isn't there petroleum in vaseline, if there is that will go thru the roof too haha! This country is screwed beyond repair it will never come back i don't care what anybody says. The USA will one day become a third world country with the way things are going. Really makes people want to have kids doesn't?

Offline MONSTERQUEST

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 24, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Couldn't agree with you more Jigmup,this whole mess is just a artificial tax created by our great government, they print money out of thin air = dollar worth less overseas = oil costs more to import = all goods and services cost more and it keeps on going. End result is we pay more for less. Little guy keeps getting smaller & smaller. Don't worry about kids  the government will pay for those too.

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 24, 2011, 11:20 AM »

The articles, and history I've read all say it's easier to overtake a bankrupt country than a strong one.... ::)

Offline crappiekilr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 24, 2011, 11:23 AM »
kinda hard to polish the turd he was handed isn't it?  All I know is they keep preaching that this right to work will bring more jobs.....seriously.... do they think I want to work for $7 an hour so the owner makes millions?
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #27 on: Feb 24, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Guy on the radio said to go to town and buy lots of milk,bread and ammo. ::)
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #28 on: Feb 24, 2011, 12:54 PM »
IT WONT!
NEITHER MY NEW SUPERCREW TRUCK, GAS GUZZING V6 150HP BASSBOAT (CARBED 2 STROKE)OR MYSELF WILL BE HELD HOSTAGE DUE TO GAS PRICES. FAMILY TIME WITH MY SON IS WAY TO IMPORTANT FOR THAT!
AM I LOADED...HECK NO!
EAT OUT LESS, TAKE A LUNCH, SKIP MOVIE NIGHT, SHUT OFF THE A/C...WHAT EVER...
BUT IT WONT IMPACT THE FISHING!!

THAT SAID... GOT A COW IN THE FREEZER AND THE AMMO LOCKER IS OVERFLOWING....BRING IT!!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 24, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Get your guns loaded and ready because the **** is going to hit the fan! 5.00 dollar a gallon gas is going to cause crime to skyrocket because nobody will be able to afford anything. Remember gas price affects everything we americans buy, not just at the pump... it's all a conspiracy and our government has sold us out!

Nothin wrong with shootin some dirt bags!  @) >:D

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.