Author Topic: Clam Frost Ice Mono  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Clam Frost Ice Mono
« on: Nov 18, 2020, 11:22 AM »
Gonna give this stuff a try this year (tightlining). It is smaller in diameter than comparable mono. It's actually made by Sunline...which I am a fan of. Their Super Natural Mono (20# test @ 12# diameter) is what I run my planer boards and jig with (Walleye) on the open water and never had any issues with it. Anyone else tried and liked it?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam Frost Ice Mono
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:15 AM »
I have been using the Frost Mono since Clam brought it out. prior to that my line of choice was Berkley Micro Ice. I have had nothing but good luck with the Frost line. I was given a sample spool of the new gold line last year to test and I have to say I really did like it. the new gold color does make seeing the line a lot easier especially when tying knots and tight lining. I am switching all my rods to the gold colored line this season.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:48 AM »
I have been using the Frost Mono since Clam brought it out. prior to that my line of choice was Berkley Micro Ice. I have had nothing but good luck with the Frost line. I was given a sample spool of the new gold line last year to test and I have to say I really did like it. the new gold color does make seeing the line a lot easier especially when tying knots and tight lining. I am switching all my rods to the gold colored line this season.

Good to hear and thanks for the input. Just ordered spools of the 3, 4 and 5# gold. Everyone seems to be out of the 2#, which is ok I guess...all of their lines are thinner in comparable strengths to other lines/manufacturers.  :-\

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2020, 02:54 PM »
do you want to try some of the 2lb. if so I have a couple spools left over from last season just sitting on the shelf. it is the clear stuff and not the gold but I could send you a spool if you want to try it. just PM your mailing info and I can send it to you.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2020, 03:34 PM »
do you want to try some of the 2lb. if so I have a couple spools left over from last season just sitting on the shelf. it is the clear stuff and not the gold but I could send you a spool if you want to try it. just PM your mailing info and I can send it to you.

Sure...why not. I really appreciate it. Thanks. PM on the way.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2020, 08:06 PM »
PM'ed you. will get that in the mail in the next day or two.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2020, 09:40 AM »
PM sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.