Author Topic: snow blind  (Read 1004 times)

grumpymoe

snow blind
« on: Jan 05, 2004, 02:26 PM »
a couple of years ago  ;D  when i was younger, i spent a good portion of the day outside when nice big snowflakes were coming down. i was ok until evening when the lights were on and i can remember how excruciating this was. took several days wearing welders glasses which barely allowed opening your eyes. when i'm on the hardwater, snow or shine, my shades are on  8)   has anyone ever been snowblind ::)

Offline Muskie Matt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Throw'em back! & report abuse EPO # 800.632.8075
Re:snow blind
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Snowblind........? No, but have been acused of wearing beer goggles from time to time. :)

Seriously though, when there is snow on the ice and the sun starts to peak it's head, the sunglasses come out.

Offline Outdoors_Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2004, 03:13 PM »
I know the feeling Moe,been there way too often. I find myself wearing my sun glasses 95% of time I am outdoors. Seems as the years go bye the light really gets to my eyes (wether it be sun,snow,or headlights). Driving at night is becoming a chore but yet the doc says my vision is just fine.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2004, 04:34 PM »
i have never been snowblind, but my eyes are already suffering from lack of sunglasses in my youth.  i already have difficulties in low light conditions,  and on some nights, i cant even see some constellations anymore.

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2004, 05:36 PM »
I've been blind on the ice and well into the night before when ice fishing but not from the snow and ice just booze, but all the same when the sun is up the shades go on!
Tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.