Author Topic: M3 bottom bounce  (Read 2162 times)

Offline GP

• IceShanty Rookie
M3 bottom bounce
« on: Feb 27, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Was out with a friend yesterday who has a 2 year old marcum m3. Noticed the display was jumping back and forth the whole time we were out. Wasn’t bottom bouncing an issue with the older marcum flashers?  Not sure if this is the same issue,but seem to recall it was a issue with the motor. Has anyone else had any issues with the new m series units?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: M3 bottom bounce
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2020, 08:51 AM »
If the whole display bottom/jig rocks up and down it is the motor.i had 3 units go bad.thought marcum put newer motors in the m series but thats the exact symptoms my marcum vx1pros and lx3tc had.try a new battery first tho.

Offline GP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2020, 10:05 AM »
If the whole display bottom/jig rocks up and down it is the motor.i had 3 units go bad.thought marcum put newer motors in the m series but thats the exact symptoms my marcum vx1pros and lx3tc had.try a new battery first tho.

Thanks dr. Didn’t realize it was that much of a problem on the older models. Will suggest a new battery first then. Hopefully that is all it is

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2020, 11:23 AM »
i had an early Marcum that had this same issue, i exchanged for a vex because they were out of stock on the marcums.

It was the motor that went bad. Battery was brand new, it happened the third time i used it.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2020, 11:46 AM »
Both of mine went bad. Two of my buddy's bought marcum as well and theirs went bad. Only one guy I know still using one that is good.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2020, 12:09 PM »
As soon as mine came back from the repair facility i sold each one and will never buy another marcum product again.i did have good luck with the troller 2.0 but sold that too.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2020, 12:25 PM »
I know there were issues with the LX and.VX series brushed motors ..not certain if all was fixed with the M series ..but check the basics first

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2020, 01:09 PM »
i believe some of the earlier m series units were stiill having some of the motor issues.   my 2 marcum mechanicals (vx1pro and lx5) are pre 2012 so they have never had an issue.  marcum's rep imo took a huge hit with these crappy motors.

I'm assuming and have no real knowledge of the situation, that when rapala took over they cut costs and this was a result.  As i understand today Marcum this year kind of took back the reins.  who knows what the end result will be regarding quality.    luckily rapala didn't ruin their CS. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.