Author Topic: Helix 7  (Read 1611 times)

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
Helix 7
« on: Jan 08, 2020, 12:55 PM »
A buddy just bought an older helix 7 and wants to use it for ice fishing.  Hes wondering what transducer to buy for it. From the googling I've done it depends on the model of the helix.  His says helix 7 sonar on the bottom.  No chirp, gps, di, si or anything else. 
Hes also wondering about updating the software, the unit has software versions 7.620
I've looked into that and it looks like you use a memory card for that but I cant find a place to insert on this helix

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: Helix 7
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:47 AM »
for this best bet is to figure out the model number and contact HB. they can tell you everything you need to know to get up and running. very good customer service.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Figure ate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Sounds like a bare-bones 2d sonar model. That unit, if it doesn't have CHIRP, uses the XI-9-20 ice transducer. Does it have ice fishing mode programmed in? If so you should be good to go.

The chip port would be on the left side of the unit, it's just a plastic door that pulls off.

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2020, 01:15 PM »
Has ice fishing mode and there is no port that I can find.  I know where they are on the newer ones.

Offline Figure ate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2020, 02:49 PM »
Old ones have the port too. Beings it doesn't have GPS they may have foregone the port being it doesn't have mapping anyway. Looks like the version of software it has is the version it will always have.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.