Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Fishing around the Ames Area  (Read 1247 times)

Dante83R

Fishing around the Ames Area
« on: Jan 13, 2004, 08:08 PM »
     I live in Ames and was wondering if there is anyplace besides Hickory Grove that's close.  I'm originally from the Norwalk area so I tend to gravitate to my home stomping grounds, but that's impossible to do during the work week.  Any suggestions would be great! :'(

Bullschwantz

Re:Fishing around the Ames Area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2004, 09:36 PM »
Dante-

Had some decent luck last year at Little Wall lake just south of Jewel.  Haven't been there yet this year and haven't seen a lot of people out on it.  Not real deep to begin with and water level is way down from last year.  Decent crappies there though.  Don Williams lake near Boone has some deep water.  Fished Morse Lake in Wright Co. and Briggs Woods in Webster but not much luck this year yet.  Haven't been to Hickory Grove since I was in college.  Any luck there?  I would suggest the iowadnr.com site to pull up topo maps of lakes by region, other good info listed too like species, etc.  Tight lines!

Bullschwantz

Dante83R

Re:Fishing around the Ames Area
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2004, 05:18 PM »
     Went to Hickory Grove yesterday and tore up Bass...
Couldn't find a crappie to save my life, but then again, I didn't have a whole lot of time.  I'm going to take my kids there this weekend and hit Little Wall or Don Williams on sunday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.