Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607468 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #12750 on: Jun 23, 2018, 06:17 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....great news on the test results  :clap: :thumbsup:  we had the same issue yesterday, marked lots of fish but had search for ones willing to bite  ::)  seemed the ones in shallower water were more active

IW....very nice of you to mow the part time neighbor's lawn  :bow: :clap:  hope the hand held up ok  :flex:

Eddie....go figure, it's hot & humid all week while you're working, then the weekend finally arrives along with cool rainy weather  :blink:  good luck if you plan on wetting a line

WS....hope the vacation is going well despite the earlier set backs  ;)  how's the baiting coming along  ???

MrC.....fingers crossed you're continuing to feel better as each day passes  :)

Not much happening here, catching up on household chores  :whistle:

Have a good day at whatever you're up to. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #12751 on: Jun 23, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 59, high of 61 here today,  rain should be arriving within the hour.

Wally...sure is funny how the weather works sometimes like that. Nice job on the walleyes,  looks like some nice weather coming up again this week if you're heading back out!   :thumbsup:
  H2...excellent report for your wife, that's awesome!!  :bow:   Glad you found some fish willing to bite as well,nice!
  Jeff. ..definitely a sad loss with Charles Krauthammer,  always enjoyed listening him...RIP Charles.
Hows that hand feeling?

My computer is acting up again,  so I'm smart phoning it this am...,
  Heard they captured Charles the Emu, guess he's back home on the farm again safe and sound. .. :clap:
  Cawfee's brewing. ..anyone want bacon and eggs?
Have a great day all,  be safe,  best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12752 on: Jun 23, 2018, 08:19 AM »
Am I too Late for the bacon and eggs, if not over easy on the eggs please.
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12753 on: Jun 23, 2018, 08:53 AM »
Another cool start today. We are having a going away party for a grandson tomorrow so I have not been able to get the toon in the lake. To much to do around the house.

The wife's appointment went great the other day. The DR. is heading in a total different direction with her problem away from it being a thyroid problem. It looks like I will have to get a Dr's appointment before I can find out what was showing along my spine in an xray. They wanted to schedule me with a Dr I had before that I do not like so I put the appointment on hold. I have to be careful about the way I move to keep the pain manageable. I have been living with pain so long so I know how to be careful.

Eddie I went and found the Swan thread on IFF. It is sad the way they handled the situation with those swans, It could have been handled a lot better. I posted a long reply on that thread of my feelings about swans and two other species that are out of control in Michigan. You can not let the swans get out of control.

ww Thanks for the pictures of the walleyes. "Again." Keep rubbing it in that I can not catch them any more in our lake. LOL Over on the east side of the state they can fill limits in short order even for two or three guys. They have not been that big lately but earlier they caught some big ones.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12754 on: Jun 24, 2018, 04:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Damp and 57* this am, high of 74 today with off and on rains throughout the day...garden won't need a drink for a few days anyway, we needed the rain.

Tom...hope you have a great time with the party today and some nicer weather than we have scheduled for today! Agree about the Swans, they certainly could have / should have handled that better, especially with people watching. Best wishes to your wife with the new Dr...... :thumbsup:
  Bud...have you been out chasing those Cherry Creek walleyes? Hope things are going well with the job.... :thumbsup:
  Marv...looking forward to your report on the fishing and baiting! Hope the ladies landed on a bunch of fish!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope your wife had a nice visit, safe travels to her coming home! Hope your hand is feeling better Sir!   :thumbsup:

They mentioned Charles the Emu yesterday on a station I was listening to, said he was 22 years old and that they can live until about 50 or so. Had to smile hearing that, wondered if that was where calling someone " an old bird " came from.    ;D
  Not too much planned for today with the weather. Guess they came out with a new Jurrasic Park movie, the Mrs. mentioned maybe taking the grandchildren to see that. Think the last movie we went to my shoulder got shoved a few times from snoring.....cawfee's on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12755 on: Jun 24, 2018, 05:40 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....enjoy the movie & no snoring please  :woot:

TT.....glad to hear MrsTT's appt went well  :)  hope you can get an appt & get your pain under control soon  ;)

IFF.....nice to see you drop by sir, how are things  ???

Another rainy day, but we definitely needed it. Looks like a heat wave heading this way later next week  @)  Seems there's no middle ground  :-\

Have a good Sunday whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12756 on: Jun 24, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Eddie no haven't been after the walleyes, even though my schedule is now, or has been 4 days on 3 days off, over the weekends.  Mountain fresh cool morning of 55* and expecting Thunder storms to roll through the area.  Have had some bouts with large hail (up to over baseball sizes) in the Metro area.  North and South but missing my back yard.

WW, How are things ?  Well on the uncomfortable side of the carpal tunnel sympton's ....like the weather here....roller coaster.  the more inactivity the worse it gets.  Its come to having to learn the Camping World computer systems, to deal with their products, price labeling, placement, inventory on hand, how to process returned items.  Still nothing in sight as to when we will be working on our own store.

So for now the fishing is taking a back seat, to things that need to be done around the house, including the need of down sizing everything.

good day all
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12757 on: Jun 24, 2018, 08:22 AM »
It looks like the rain guess for today was another missed guess so we can eat on the deck unless some more rain pops up. The temperature out side will be decent. It is guessed to get back to the 90's next week end.

This will be the first 4th we will be able to enjoy to our selves in four years as the wife told the lake board where they can put the thankless jobs she has been doing. This morning she sent an email to the whole board that they are not going to like reading. This board is a bunch of supposed professionals that have no idea how the real world works. She had hung up on a trustee yesterday. When he called back last night when she was gone I just told him good bye and hung up. There are a lot of people on the lake that will be disapointed that she has resigned as she has always treated them as equals.

ww The program this week on the link that I provided a while back has a segment on fishing the St Claire river from the shore. www.michiganoutofdoors tv.com It is neat how the guy fishes two lures off of one pole.

I guess I will have to get an appointment with a Dr before I can find out what showed on the xray as I never got a call back form where the xray was taken. I wil never complain about the traffic around that LPGA tournament again. 1.1 million dollars was raised that goes to food pantries. The tournament is sponcered by Meijer stores a huge locally started chain of supermarkets that has stores all over the state and even down into Ohio.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12758 on: Jun 24, 2018, 09:03 AM »
Good Morning Everyone  :bow:

Back home and everything is ready for the next outing. The girls had a blast catching n. pike, nothing big this time with the largest being 4 pounds. If I was going to guess, I would say between the two of them they landed 50-60 pike, plenty to keep me busy unhooking, in between throwing for muskies. The main bait the girls use is a #5 Mepps with a double blade. Before their trip each one bought 10 of the exact same Mepps baits as the pike end up bending them up. On most days they catch equal numbers of bass and pike. Besides the muskies being slow the bass also were playing hard to get.

On Friday morning we made it to the lake right at dawn. I had marked a good weed bed from a couple days prior so we made that the first stop. The first cast out the s-i-l caught a northern and on her third cast she had a good strike and set the hook. I could tell from the rod bend it was bigger than the others and soon the fish took to the air. It ended up being about a 10 pound musky and after a short struggle getting the Mepps out, we sent her back to the weed bed. That ended up being the only encounter with a musky for the 4.5 days we fished them.I can't remember when I spent that much time throwing without at least a follow to show for my efforts.

I stopped at the shack on the way home to check out the bear bait. I had put up two cameras and both had a bunch of movies on the cards. It seems to take the bears about 3 hours to come after baiting, and they stay for the entire day before leaving. As Sept. gets closer I will have to start putting a larger quantity of bait out. So far it is just the Mom and three kids taking advantage of the hand outs. I sure hope as time goes on more start showing up.

Best of luck to all those on the water :thumbsup: Stay safe no matter what's on the daily agenda.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12759 on: Jun 25, 2018, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  60* and damp this am, high of 73 here today. Looks like the rain has finally stopped falling!   :thumbsup:

Marv...sounds like the ladies had a very good trip, congratulations to both of them and to your SIL for landing a Musky...awesome!!   :clap:   A big tip of the hat to you for helping them out....well done!  :bow:  Hope you start seeing some more bears soon at the bait pile...keep us posted!
  Tom...wow, that sure was a lot of $ raised for the food pantries, fantastic! Hope the party went well, best wishes with the Dr., hope it's nothing major.    :thumbsup:
  Bud...glad that hail missed you, can't imagine the damage caused from baseball sized hail, yikes!  :thumbsup:
  Wally...we passed on the movie yesterday, so my shoulder is in good shape this morning!  ;D.  Good luck with the fishing if you're heading out this morning!    :thumbsup:

Running a tad behind this am, so will have to catch up with you all at break.....cawfee's on!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12760 on: Jun 25, 2018, 05:30 AM »
Hi all!  I finally remembered to take some pics of the restored old toon.  It originally was a 1993 Spectrum “18 Fish” model by Brunswick Marine.  I think it turned out pretty well considering all of the angst I went through doing it. lol  The one thing I really splurged on was the Power Arm Bimini and man is it sweet!  Up and down with the push of a button.  I still have a windshield to install and a MinnKota power anchor winch to install, but the family told me those items can wait.  lol  They wanted it on the water, so here it is.  Will finish up the loose ends in the fall before the ice season begins again.  Thanks for looking.

DN

Wow!  I just realized that this was my 1,000th post!  :)

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12761 on: Jun 25, 2018, 05:52 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Deal Ninja, ER's,
                         It's a cool 56* and clear here on my hill with a high around 74* later today.
                         Eddie........That's what would happen to me if I went to a movie and my wife would probably pinch my nose shut to get me to stop. :cookoo:
                         Deal..........Nice job on the toon, it really looks like it came off the showroom floor. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                         Marv..........Being that there was a Musky caught, I'm surprise that you couldn't get a picture. Good for Jen getting it to the boat! :flex:
                         Wally looks like a nice day to be out, i hope you can find the Eyes after the weekend! :thumbsup:
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12762 on: Jun 25, 2018, 07:02 AM »
Morning all,

WS......glad to hear the vacation turned out ok, congrats on all the fish  :clap: :flex:

DN.....nice work on the toon  :thumbsup: :bow:

Eddie....probably better to start the work week w/o a bruised shoulder  :roflmao:

IFF.....sorry to hear the carpal tunnel is still giving you problems  :'(   good luck with the down sizing, not an easy task  :-\

TT.....thanks for another good show  :)  kudos to Meijers & LPGA on all the money raised for a good cause  :bow: :flex: :clap:

IW......going to be a cool one again tonight  :o

No fishing today, MrWW has some work to do on his truck and I have a lunch date with a friend I haven't seen in a couple years  :)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12763 on: Jun 25, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Around 60* this morning with the mid 70's guessed for the first part of the week before going the 90's for the week end. The wife is busy getting all of the paper work on here job up to date to turn over to the assn. secretary tonight. If she is not home she will find it setting on her door step. She can figure it out her self but at least it is organized unlike the way Sue got it.

The get together went great yesterday. Sue's son brought his girl friend to introduce to us. The gal, another Sue, seemed comfortable with us and joined in the conversation with us.

ww The Meijers family has given so much back to the area is unbelievable. The Lena Meijers Heart Center I spent a few days in when I was first diagnosed with diabetes is named after Fred's wife Lena because of all of the money donated to help build it. There is a big nature center that has their name on it on the out skirts of Grand Rapids one time Fred wanted to doneate a large amount of money to the DNR for a bike trail with the stipulation it had his name on it. They turned him down until the public out roar made the DNR change their minds. All of what the Meijers family has done for the area is the reason that I do most of my grocery shopping at their stores. I seldom see Walmart donating back to the communities.

Michigan Out of Doors is about the only show of that type I watch any more. So many of the out door deer hunting shows are shot in pens any more. I have met Jimmy a few times. One time shortly after Jenny came back to Michigan after working for Ted Nugent in Texas they were sitting at a table at an outdoor show. As I walked by I welcomed her back to the show but she sure picked a motley crew to work with which got a quick response out of the rest of them. I sat down and talked to them for a few minutes telling them how much better the show was since Jimmy bought the rights to it.

Deal Ninja  Beautiful rebuild!! That is my type of pontoon. One that is designed to fish out of. Mine needs a redo but with thinking of selling this place it is not going to get done. The deck is sound so that is not the problem it is that the steering console is pretty beat up. Did you put carpet or vinyl on the deck. If I do redo mine I am thinking about using vinyl as the carpet is so hard to keep clean. I need to get mine in the water before the weekend and the launch gets too busy.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12764 on: Jun 25, 2018, 02:23 PM »
Deal Ninja  Beautiful rebuild!! That is my type of pontoon. One that is designed to fish out of. Mine needs a redo but with thinking of selling this place it is not going to get done. The deck is sound so that is not the problem it is that the steering console is pretty beat up. Did you put carpet or vinyl on the deck. If I do redo mine I am thinking about using vinyl as the carpet is so hard to keep clean. I need to get mine in the water before the weekend and the launch gets too busy.

Thanks TT!  Yes, I replaced the old teal carpeting with woven vinyl and we love it.  Have already had several fish flopping on the deck/bloody gills and cleanup is as easy as wiping with a wet chamois towel.  It does get hot in the direct sun, so when we're in bare feet, we have to scoot pretty fast back into the shaded section or end up with very hot feet! lol  I had three remnants leftover from the front battery boxes and livewell carpeting, so my wife took them some place and had them bound to make small area rugs.  Those will help with the hot feet also now.  You can see them in a couple of the pics.  If your boat is used mostly to fish out of, I highly recommend vinyl over carpeting.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12765 on: Jun 25, 2018, 03:59 PM »
I never fish bare foot let alone go barefoot any where but the house. With my feet in the condition I need to have shoes on almost all of the time. If I feel I want to redo the deck in vinyl I am sure I can get it from my cousin that has a big flooring bussiness at his cost. He also can bind some throws if I feel that I need them.

I finally got time to start getting the toon ready for the lake today. When I put the muffs on the motor and hit the switch with just a short hit on the choke it started right up. Gotta love Seafoam as this was with what is left of a mix of last years and the year before lasts gas. The only time I had any problem I have ever had with the engine was when ajerk friend crap the motor off when i was pulling it out for the year before it had run out of gas. The next year it started right up but when I got it to my dock I noticed a sheen of gas on the water. There must have been some water in the fuel pump cracking it over the winter. Luckily that FRIEND moved away!!

My toon has no seats in the back so I can fish out of the back with out getting seats dirty. At least the color of your bimini will blend in on the lake as there are a lot of boats with that color. My wife had to have Yellow. There are a lot of people that know I can catch some big perch so they will some times follow me around. One night I lead a 14 inch perch to the far side of the toon and lipped it so they thought it was a bass. I could have netted it but I did not want them to know it was a big perch.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12766 on: Jun 26, 2018, 04:52 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                  It's 50* and clear on my hill this morning a high of 74* is expected, warmer weather coming in on the weekend. :thumbsup:
                                  Wally........How was your luncheon with your friend.?
                                  Tom.........I'm with you, I don't fish barefooted either, I don't like hooks in the bottom of my feet. ::)
                                  Deal.........I hope you get many of trips with the rebuilt toon. :flex:
                                  Not much going on today, it's our day to have my #2 sons kids here, I think I'll take them for a hike and scout some deer. :thumbsup:
                                  I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12767 on: Jun 26, 2018, 05:03 AM »
Cool 42 degrees this morning. Mist coming off the lake so water must be cooling. The boat is hooked up will be heading out soon. May be my last day for awhile with the hot weather coming in and the 4th next week. We will see.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12768 on: Jun 26, 2018, 05:30 AM »
http://cbs6albany.com/news/local/fire-department-recovers-prosthetic-worth-127000

My cousin has one of these. He also loss his leg in a motorcycle accident. Anyway my cousin was fishing with the man that makes them the evening this guy lost his in the Hudson. He gets a phone call telling him what happened. They cost this much because they are waterproof. Three days in the Hudson and they said it still works.

Thought you may enjoy this...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12769 on: Jun 26, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Another cool morning. Some serious rain guessed for tonight and tomorrow. We need it so I hope they guess right for a change. It is supposed to get real hot over the weekend. Not having to do work for the Assn. in the heat will be nice this weekend. The wife was supposed to turn over her books last night but as usual the secretary was too busy and the president will not answer his phone.

Deal Ninja I am diabetic so I have to be careful with my feet. I did have planter fasciatis but that was corrected with a simple procedure by the Dr that developed it with his partner. When I put the bimini back on the toon yesterday I found that it will have to be replaced next year as it is getting pretty fragile. It is left up all year so the cover for it when it is down is in perfect shape. I am chosing the color of a new bimini. I did find I need to replace the running light on one side and try to figure out how to fix a broken mount on one of my dock lights. The worst thing is I can not find where I put the tote with my flares and air horn in it.

H2L Thanks for that link with a great ending for the man. That is a big crew of divers in the picture.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12770 on: Jun 26, 2018, 06:09 PM »
Evening all,

IW.....hope the grandkids enjoyed the hike  ;D  the lunch date was great, sat for 3 hours catching up  :thumbsup:  good thing we picked a place with outside picnic tables so we were holding things up for others  :woot:

H2L.....that's awesome that the divers found the guy's leg  :clap: hope the fishing was good today  :flex:

TT....hope you get the needed rain  :) 

Decided to hit the lake today, the bite was a little tougher than last week  :-\  marked lots of fish, just couldn't get them to bite. Managed 3 legal eyes (18 1/2 - 21") & 4 short ones

my brother will be happy  ;D  (sorry TT)

Have a good night. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12771 on: Jun 26, 2018, 07:12 PM »
I finally got the toon ready to go in the water today, I think. Now getting into the water before the week end may be the problem as we have Dr.s appointment the next three days. Tomorrow we are meeting up with a cousin of the wife's for lunch after her appointment. I have a guy wanting to borrow some muskrat traps so I might just have to get him to help me with the toon in exchange.  We need to have the toon on the dock for three months to keep it. That should not be a problem as we do not generally pull it until October any way.

The wife took all of her books to the president of the assn. this morning. They had a long talk. he said they chewed out the secretary at a meeting for they way she treated her. They want her to train the woman that is taking over the boat sticker job but they want her to train her. I wonder how long this gal will last when she realizes how much time it takes to do it right. Then the asked her to continue taking care of the dock assignments. And here I thought that we were going to have a life of our own. OH well she enjoyed doing it all but the BS she got this week end go to her.

ww How about adopting me. You could be the sister I have always wanted. I had a woman adopt me into her family but there were only boys.

As far as rain goes I do not know what that is yet. I kept watching the radar this after noon switching from the Grand rapids radar and Milwaukee's. When the Gr showed nothing the Milwaukee radar would show rain on our lake shore. 

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12772 on: Jun 27, 2018, 02:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D.   
  57* and just a slight breeze this am, high of 71 expected here today. Was 47* yesterday morning when I left for work.

Mr.Ninja...excellent job on the pontoon, that looks great, well done Sir! :clap: :thumbsup:  Saw some very nice deals you shared on the best ice deals thread, hope a few people jumped on them!  :thumbsup:
  Tom...best wishes with the Dr.'s appt.'s, that would be a nice trade off getting the boat in the water for the use of the traps!    :thumbsup:
   Jeff...hope you saw a few deer on your hike with the grandkids! Looking forward to hearing about that!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...nice job on the walleyes again!  :clap:  Sounds like you had a very nice time with your friend catching up..awesome!   :bow: :thumbsup:  Good luck today if heading back out!
  H2...thanks for the link, that was a good read for sure! Amazed it still was working!  :thumbsup:   Hope you got on some nice ones yesterday.
  Marv..crossing fingers the gremlins didn't invade your computer like they did mine again yesterday! 
  Steve...haven't heard from you in a few days, hope all is well with your health and things are moving along with the house!   :thumbsup:

Still plugging along on the marble work down at the job, zeroing in on finishing up a large area they wanted complete before the big fireworks show on the 4th of July. We should have it done a few days ahead of schedule.
  Some hot weather on its way here, weather guessers were saying high 90's by the weekend...yuck.
  Less than 6 months till Christmas gang....cawfee's on!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12773 on: Jun 27, 2018, 04:55 AM »
good morning er's had a couple twisters touchdown nearby here thank god damage was very minimal. Another gob sale happening here so the tackle tray is full.  The toon looks awesome wish I had one. Marv sorry to hear about the yak company dropping the ball. Heading to record highs here in a couple days yuk

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12774 on: Jun 27, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, OG! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I have been busy with a couple of side jobs, but am now caught up. Yesterday was mostly on and off showers,
This afternoon I have my second appointment with my rheumatologist, I am hoping it goes as well as the first one.

Tomorrow I am going to head to a little lake north of me and spend the day. I don't know much about it but am on the look out for a new winter hangout.

OG glad you were missed by the twister, always makes for an uneasy time.

WW good looking catch :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good day with the marble :thumbsup: We will get the first shot of dew points in the 70's and temps knocking on 100.

Not much else to report, time to get my walk in.

Best luck to everyone hitting the water and stay safe no matter what's on the daily planner :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #12775 on: Jun 27, 2018, 05:27 AM »

Good Morning Eddie, Old Goat, ER's,
                          It's 58* with cloudy skies on this Wednesday, Hump Day here on my hill, with rain showers expected. ::)
                          Eddie.........Those pesty Gremlins seem to show up from time to time, who will they target next? ??? Good job on the marble,
                 I bet it looks great! :thumbsup: The hike went well, we saw a couple of Does but no Bucks, the kids were really good being quiet walking
                 in the woods. :clap:
                          Wally..........Nice job on those Eyes keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
                          Tom...........I hope you get your toon in soon, so you can get out fishing. :flex:
                          Steve.........X2 on Eddie's comment, I hope all is well with you sir! :thumbsup:
                          Not too much going on today, my wife suggested that we should go through the basement and get rid of stuff we don't need.? Hum When
                 she moved here 4 years ago my basement didn't have much in it, most of the stuff is hers that's taking up all the room. So why do I have
                 to help.? :whistle:
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12776 on: Jun 27, 2018, 06:34 AM »
WW, couple nice fish. I again had to work to find some active fish and didn't find those until after 3pm. Did get 2 fish that were 18 inches in the mid-morning. They came off a rock pile in 45 fow. Ended up with 13 walleyes and 1 rock bass for the day. 7/8 of those were keepers.

Eddie, the leg is waterproof. I guess that is why it cost 127k. I know my cousin fell out of his boat a few years ago and his leg was no good after that. I think that is why he got one that is waterproof 

The pontoon is looking like new. Get out and enjoy it.

Hope everyone has a great day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12777 on: Jun 27, 2018, 07:02 AM »
Guess what! The guessers were finally right just way of on when the rain would start. OG I was watching the radar yesterday in Wisconsin  trying to figure out when the rain would get to us. The storms just stayed in Wisconsin all day. Glad to here the tornados did no real damage.

Hopefully the storm coming through from south of us passes before we have to leave for the city. We are meeting for lunch with her cousin on the road we take into town instead of where we usually meet. He was in town last week end and could not believe how much construction there was on that side of town so he wanted no more to do with that.

A gremlin hit the wife's computer yesterday turning the screen horizontal. She got really frustrated as she could not fix it. We bought our computers at Best Buy and have geek squad coverage as she was always getting into trouble when she was doing so much work for the Assn. She called them. The guy chuckled and told her what keys to punch to get it fixed.

IW Your helping in the basement might get more of her stuff out of the way. ;D

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12778 on: Jun 27, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Afternoon all,

H2L....good job staying on the fish  :thumbsup:  can't imagine where they'll be next time out after the heat wave and the 4th traffic on the lake  :-\

WS....hope the doc's appt goes well today  ;)  our heat & humidity is starting Friday  ::)  hope the new lake looks promising  @)

TT....enjoy the lunch today, safe travels  :)

IW....glad to hear the kids enjoyed the time in the woods    :clap:  have fun cleaning the basement   ;D

Eddie....hope they have some work inside a building with a/c lined up for next week  @)  Hobby Lobby started getting their Christmas stuff out right around the end of May  :cookoo:  guess you aren't the only one counting down the days  :roflmao:

MrC.....x3 on Eddie's comment and you're still on the road to recovery  :)

Dreary day with on & off rain, good day to get caught up on housework ugh  :blink:  Heading to MA on Friday for the weekend so tomorrow there will be some baking on the agenda  ;)

Have a good rest of the day. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12779 on: Jun 28, 2018, 02:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Damp and 63* this am, 74 for a high today with rain and some thunder storms expected throughout the day.

Wally...looks like today will be a good day to do some baking with the heat wave coming in tomorrow. Best wishes for a safe trip to Mass. to see the grandchildren and family!  :thumbsup:  Can't help but ask....what special treats are on the baking list today?
  Tom...hope the driving wasn't too bad for you yesterday and you had a nice lunch with your cousin.  :thumbsup:
  H2...imagine the lake is going to be getting crazy again by the weekend, especially with the heat coming this way.
  Jeff...the grand kids must have loved seeing some deer on that hike, great job!  :clap:  Must be the week for cleaning out basements, lol, my wife has a pile of stuff ready to go to the transfer station this weekend. Almost afraid to know what she tossed out on me....
  Marv...hop the Dr.'s appt. went well for you yesterday. Hope the new lake pans out for you today, best of luck with the fishing!    :thumbsup:   Are you getting the hang of the retirement thing down now?   ;D
  OG...glad to read the twisters didn't cause too much damage or hit your area, yikes! Keep me posted if you come across some of those crazy sales again!   :thumbsup:

Not sure what's on our agenda today with the rain today, but the foreman said we have some inside work to be done.
  The farmers market had a big draw of people yesterday, lots of fresh locally grown produce. There was pretty good 4 piece band playing at lunch break. Country and bluegrass music, they did a good a job. They played an old Rolling Stones tune, " It's Only Rock And Roll " and got the crowd on their feet and lots of people dancing....never heard that before with a fiddle player...good stuff.
  Cawfee's on...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.