Author Topic: .... NISID Review ....  (Read 9449 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
.... NISID Review ....
« on: Feb 18, 2007, 07:53 PM »

NISID Review

This season I’ve taken the time to test a variety of NISID’s line of jigs. I’ve tested the Tungsten D with eye, the Tungsten Ant Fly and several jigs from the Mormyshka line. I’ll include some pictures at the bottom.

The Mormyshka Jigs

To be honest I hadn’t used the Mormyshka style jigs often in the past. At first I had some difficulty tying them on the line but after a half dozen times it came to me much more naturally.
The jigs hung nicely and I could get a very nice, subtle action from the jig and rod. They also showed up well on the flasher. I found the construction of these jigs to be good as well. The hooks were sharp and appear to be strong. I found no sharp edges around the line insert or exit holes which could be detrimental to the line integrity. I felt this was important due to the fact I was using a fine line.
These were tested on my Marmish rod spooled with 2 lb P-Line.

The Tungsten Jigs

I tested the Tungsten D with eyes and the Tungsten Ant Fly. I found these jigs to be nicely weighted for their size. These jigs sank quickly and left a good “feel” in my rods. They also showed up very well on the flasher
These jigs are very solid / dense. The hooks are sharp and appear to be strong … I had none deform or straighten. Another nice note was that most of the eyes were clean … I clean the eyes before they go in my jig case. The paint on the jigs also appear to be holding up quite well.
These were tested on two different rods :
24” Ultra Lite rod with 2 lb P-Line
28” Light rod with 4 lb P-Line.

:thumbsup:
Overall I think NISID.com has a winning line of jigs. So far they have proven to me to be quality made but at a reasonable price. I’ve seen and purchased almost identical jigs in the past that cost between 20-30 % more but haven’t proven to be of any better construction.
I placed my order and purchased these jigs for testing. The time from ordering to delivery was outstanding … 4 days.

There have been many other pics posted already of fish caught with NISID jigs so I'll keep this simple.

Here are some of the jigs I had tested :

Here's a Mormyshka jig with the rod I used :

Here's a pickerel which I caught on the tungsten DE5 :

Here's a close up of the DE5 and pickerel :

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
Re: .... NISID Review ....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2007, 01:34 PM »
:bow: NISID :bow: He's not kidding folks.....

PGKris.....adding tungsten jigs to his order ;D (Say goodbye tuition money) ;D

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2007, 10:01 AM »
They worked for me. the only decent gills i iced yesterday came from Nisid jigs. they do show up good on the flasher and have great action. they come to life with very little rod tip movement. I fished them on a st. croix legend ultralight with 2lb trilene ice. iced a decent number of 8" plus bluegill. i couldn't get many good pictures because i was fishing outside in 25mph winds and snow drifts.

sorry about the poor picture quality here. it was kinda tough to keep the camera working properly in the weather but you still kinda make the jig out.

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2007, 08:48 PM »
i fished with a buddy over the weekend jigging only 6 feet apart from each other. i was using a small white jig that has a hook that hangs horizontally, as does most of the NISID jigs. My buddy was using a marmooshka (? spelling) jig, shaped like an aspirin tablet, nickel metallic color. He outfished me 4 to 1 we both had vexilars and aside from the jigs conditions were the same. I'm sold!!! got my order in and hope they arrive before the season ends.

Sniot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline ULTRAlite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2007, 02:04 AM »
Outfished my pops this weekend at about the same ratio with the free jigs I just received from NISID.  Very impressed.  Had to bend the hook back into shape I was getting so much action!!
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r174/cory_r_t/ablogo1xf11-1.gif[/img]     

VIDEO >> The 2010 Season Begins - EARLY ICE SESSION

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Amazing results! This was the first of many caught on jig/waxworm combo.
FTD

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Used a couple of them yesterday.  Caught most of my gills on them with only one problem - the hook keeps bending.  Lost a few nice ones because of this .  When I reeled in my jig to check my bait after a "good" bite the hook was almost at a 90 degree angle.  I would imagine the bending eventually weakened it after a while.

Offline LayTonya Lee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2007, 12:11 PM »
i was going fishing today but there is ice out there today

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2007, 10:03 PM »
Used a couple of them yesterday.  Caught most of my gills on them with only one problem - the hook keeps bending.  Lost a few nice ones because of this .  When I reeled in my jig to check my bait after a "good" bite the hook was almost at a 90 degree angle.  I would imagine the bending eventually weakened it after a while.

i noticed this as well. i was using 2lb line. i think it is because the hook is such a light wire and because the jigs are intended for lighter line than that so it doesn't take much to straighten them.

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2008, 06:55 AM »
can somone post a link to them  ... thankyou

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Their website is currently down. Here is a link to a place that sells nisid jigs. http://keeperlures.com/pages/mormyshka-jigs.php

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2008, 03:51 PM »
thankyou so much ...now time to break out the wallet and spend some cash!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ice_Stalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2008, 03:36 PM »
can anyone tell me the proper way to tie the line to a mormuska?
Catch.Reel.Release...R epeat as needed.

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.