Author Topic: 2 piece hole hopper  (Read 1216 times)

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
2 piece hole hopper
« on: Oct 07, 2015, 02:45 AM »
Me and a buddy came up with an idea for a two piece hole hopper that would be virtually indestructible.  I customized an Ugly Stik to fit our needs.  It's 47" overall with the top being 36"... So will fit in my hard rod case or the 36" fly rod case on the ice.  It should fit the bill nicely with a bonus that I won't be worried tossing it around in fear of breaking it.  Here are a few pics of it plus a pic of my ice rod rack I built to house them when not being put to work.

]

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2 piece hole hopper
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2015, 03:02 AM »
nice looking rod.... your also really starting to rack and stack them there in that rod rack...   I am thinking about a shorter rod I got a ulgy stick lite one piece that has the perfect pan fish action already now I am thinking of hacking it off at about 30-36 inches.... to make a jigging stick out of it a one piece jigging stick.... but then I got to find another to use so I can do it with the older one....I think the ulgy stick lite is 5 foot 6 inch one piece cutting 2 foot 6 inches off mite just work and re-wrapping it should be easy enough..   any how great idea now you got me thinking...

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2015, 05:56 AM »
Nice...I chopped my old ugly stick to 39 inches overall...I think.  Can't remember off the top of my head.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2015, 10:24 AM »
Damn that's a lotta ice sticks Ryan!
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.