Author Topic: muck boots  (Read 8090 times)

Offline fishfetcher

• IceShanty Rookie
muck boots
« on: Nov 26, 2010, 07:21 PM »
any one wear them on the ice, if so do they keep your feet warm enough

Offline gettinjiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: muck boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:21 PM »
 I wear mine ice fishing and love them water proof and very warn as long as u wear the right sock combination

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I wear the muck masters for everything.  My feet stay really warm sometimes to warm if i'm walking alot.  ALL IN ALL i LOVE THEM.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2010, 10:26 PM »

I've worn Mickeys for 3 years now, there Awesome , but heavy , I just picked up a pair of the Muck Artic Sports too try, my buddy swore by them last year and there a 1/4 of the weight when you walk 3 miles a day... Can't wait to start dragging gear all over the lake.. ;D

"Bring on the cold weather , well one more warm snap would be nice before a nice LONG WINTER... ;D
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2010, 12:53 AM »
Got a pair of Muck Wetlands this fall.....I can not part with them. Super comfortable from day one, the insulation in them is more like a sheep or lamb, instead of the thinsulate garbage, wick water away superbley...etc.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2010, 09:20 AM »
I got 2 pairs of Muck and getting the Pro Extremes soon.  Artic sports were great last 2 years.  Mickeys just weigh too much in comparison.  Feet just as warm.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline justfine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NOW THIS IS FUN!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Love me mucks warm and light
HAPPINESS IS BLOOD ON THE ICE!!!!

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please Take Your Garbage Home
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2010, 12:07 PM »
I have the Muck Arctic Sport Mid Height 13" boots, I also put hex head sheet metal screws on the soles for traction, they keep my feet warm.   :)

Offline rocky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Just bought my first pair of mucks this year for hunting.  I love them.  Feet haven't been cold once so far this season.

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2010, 05:42 AM »
Mucks are great during the end of the season when there is a lot of slush on the ice.

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2010, 07:21 AM »
good topic. a friend of mine just started wearing them. his girlfriends family gets them from the amish. she loves them. says she wears them hunting and snowmobiling and never gets cold. might look into a pair.

Offline upstate bass2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2010, 09:04 AM »
I also have the Arctic Sports and love them. I cannot believe how warm they are for such little weight. You can also stand in slush/water all day with no fear of wet feet. And they are so comfortable also ,they don't pull my socks down like pac boots do. Wish I found these 10 years ago. Worth every penny!!!!!!

Offline Fishfeller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2010, 04:19 PM »
Are folks using the Arctic Sport or the Arctic Pro Extreme? Any comparisons to the Lacrosse Alphaburlys with 1500 grams of thinsulate? Shopping around right and was looking for some feedback.

Offline ice pig 121

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 30, 2010, 04:30 PM »
You cant go wrong, I only have the Muck Chore boot and with warm socks i'm good to go!
Tight lines and happy hunting to all! Go Vikings!!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2010, 05:04 PM »
Best boots going, comfortable and warm. Been using mine on the ice two years now, one of the few things I won't think about replacing, except with a new pair.

Offline ConesusPikeCatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Watch out with those mucks on hard slippery ice. The bottoms are made with a very hard rubber and are more slippery on ice than most boots. I know a sure footed guy who fell and broke some bones wearing mucks. I would recommend ice cleats with any muck boot on ice.

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2010, 04:14 PM »
I definitely would go with the original canvas side style mucks if I buy another pair of muck boots. They are great boots but will tear if you get into blowdowns and briars.  I tore quarter inch whole in the newer style mucks.  Not, saying they didn't keep me warm just that they aren't as durable as the originals or a pair of rubber boats.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Watch out with those mucks on hard slippery ice. The bottoms are made with a very hard rubber and are more slippery on ice than most boots. I know a sure footed guy who fell and broke some bones wearing mucks. I would recommend ice cleats with any muck boot on ice.

who dont wear cleets or something for traction on smooth ice.  Ive busted my butt plenty times  with the mucks and other boots with out cleats on all types of ice. 

I usually wear the regular old corker sandals or the rubber slip on carbide spikes. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2010, 10:33 PM »
Wore my muck wetlands all week at the shop, still can't say enough good words about them, they even wick the sweat away from the foot with great efficiency. Ten to fourteen hours in them for 3 days straight, and no complaints! :bow: :thumbsup:

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2010, 08:14 AM »
My extremes are on the way.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:41 PM »
ONLY boot ive worn for years now..LOVE EM! :tipup:

Offline jackinthebobhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Best things I ever put on my feet. Can't say enough about them.

Jack

Offline doonan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 13, 2010, 10:36 PM »
I think everyone has already said it, but great boots. Exeeded my expectations

Offline upstate bass2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:17 AM »
The only thing I don't like about them is they did not have the arctic pros when I bought my arctic sports. >:( >:(    Now I will have to buy them too. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 14, 2010, 09:52 AM »
I wear the Woody Max with some good wool socks and never get cold.   Good upto -40.   I agree with everyone about traction on the ice.  Any boot can give you the slip on hard ice.  Just need to pick up some ice cleats.

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 14, 2010, 11:43 AM »
I wear the Woody Max with some good wool socks and never get cold.   Good upto -40.   I agree with everyone about traction on the ice.  Any boot can give you the slip on hard ice.  Just need to pick up some ice cleats.
I screwed small hex head sheet metal screws into the lugs of my mucks about 3/8" long, works great, lost one screw all last ice season out of 30 / 15 per boot. decided to use that pair just for the ice and buy another for hunting so the screws just say in all the time.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 16, 2010, 04:03 PM »
Oh baby these arctic pro's are hot. As a break in I just woveled off the drive in them. 3+ inches snow and 23 degrees. My toes were steaming just like those heavy mickey's. These may get the metal screw treatment too.

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 2010, 05:38 PM »
Oh baby these arctic pro's are hot. As a break in I just woveled off the drive in them. 3+ inches snow and 23 degrees. My toes were steaming just like those heavy mickey's. These may get the metal screw treatment too.
how much did you pay for the your arctic pros ??  I see a couple of places on-line have them for $130

Offline mattg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 16, 2010, 10:56 PM »
i live in sask so its really cold, and the artic muck boots are warm enough only if i keep really mobile.  if i dont keep my feet moving my feet get cold in them

Offline Regulator99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 19, 2010, 08:48 AM »
Ive got a pair (woody max), my feet always sweat in them and end up getting cold. Think Im gonna try some thinner socks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.