The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: MN Camera Laws  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Spud_bar

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poppin' Swedish Pimples since '96
MN Camera Laws
« on: Jan 10, 2009, 07:16 PM »
hey, anyone know if there are laws regarding aqua-vu/underwater cams in minnesota? I don't see any mention of anything in the rules and regs book but want to know for sure. I'm wondering specifically about the infared lights aroudn some cameras? using artificial light to attract fish is against the law but a camera using infared at night is ok isnt' it?
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
Re: MN Camera Laws
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:08 PM »
you can use a camera whenever you feel the need.................t hey are not illegal at all in any way whatsoever............ .........

Offline Spud_bar

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poppin' Swedish Pimples since '96
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:10 PM »
that's awesome. I've never used one before today. I dropped it down at madison lake near mankato and WOW. 6 gills/crappies were staring it down. I've never had so much fun fishing.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2009, 06:45 AM »
it is a lot of fun having a camera to use........but you will find it is more of a pain in the @$$ than anything.............a s long as you have it in a house or dont plan on moving a whole lot it is nice but once you start moving a lot you will find that it is not worth all the screwing around with the thing................. ..winding up and unwinding the cable is a pain.............have fun with your camera................ ........

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:30 PM »
The only thing that is illegal to use in Minnesota for cameras is the add on spot light that Aqua Vu sells for theirs. Other wise the rest of the lights are fine.

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:39 AM »
those lights are legal as long as you have them attached to your camera you are fine.................. .....they are not really going to make that much of a difference when it comes to using your camera at night.............you can only see so far in the underwater world when it is dark out..............I usually pull up my camera about the time I need to turn the lights on.................... ...as I said fish react differently to the lights depending on the lake...............I have seen them not care about the lights or camera and other times I cant get a bite until I pull the camera out of the water................. .......

Offline famou55TAR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2009, 06:28 PM »
they are pretty cool.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.