The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Last Day on the Ice  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
Last Day on the Ice
« on: Mar 03, 2007, 02:26 PM »
I am headed up to Mille Lacs, either Monday or Tuesday, for my last day on the ice.  Hoping to catch some big perch and whatever might bite, but I wanted to take the time to thank everyone in this MN forum for all the advise, laughs, pictures, and just good times.  Hope everyone stays safe during open water fishing, and I will catch you all back here next hard ice season.  Take care, and Tight Lines   :tipup:
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Last Day on the Ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2007, 03:11 PM »
take care and be safe, join a lot of us over on myfishfinder.com the open water version of the shanty

good luck
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2007, 05:23 PM »
long time till ice out maybe looking at 3-4 weeks of some of the best ice fishing around..
can't see giving up so soon..
Hard Ice

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2007, 06:03 PM »
Yeah but down here in the metro, people are trying to go swimming on Medicine Lake already, and I am not much for the guessing game as far as ice and its ability to scare the bejesus out of me, so I am hanging it up after some jumbo perch hopefully, and then the tweaking of open water tackle begins...
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2007, 08:18 AM »
so why limint your self to just down there ..
i'm going to try to get to mille lacs this week and thinking lake of the woods next weekend..
Hard Ice

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2007, 04:52 PM »
I am coming up on Tuesday of this week to Mille Lacs, bright and early and fishing the whole day, so any advise on where to go out from and what depths to fish at would be helpful and greatly appreciated.  Also if anyone else is gonna be out let me know, and we can swap some shanty stories and whatnot...

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2007, 05:53 PM »
If you are worried about late ice, just call a resort before you go. If we don't have good ice for a few more weeks I will be very surprised.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2007, 07:07 PM »
very true Skipper look like i won't be making the trip to lotw just yet i'll be on mille lacs tusday and most of next weekend ..
give me a call i'll be aroiund ..
218-821-3197

on tuesday i'm going to try to get out Rocky Reef might be a far walk with all the snow we had but it could be well worth it..
Hard Ice

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2007, 06:54 AM »
very true Skipper look like i won't be making the trip to lotw just yet i'll be on mille lacs tusday and most of next weekend ..
give me a call i'll be aroiund ..
218-821-3197

on tuesday i'm going to try to get out Rocky Reef might be a far walk with all the snow we had but it could be well worth it..
I will give you a call because that is the only resort I know to go out of...not very familiar with the area up there...do you head out right around the houses Rockman has set up out there?

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2007, 09:12 AM »
ether there or rocky reef it self.. hopeing i can drive out as far as i can go then walk if need be..

i hope to be there around 7am ish.
Hard Ice

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Well I will be driving a green ford ranger, and I hope to be at TNT bait by about 630 or so and be out fishing by 715-730 ish, so I will catch you up there then...

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2007, 05:40 PM »
i'll be driveing a dark blue trail blazer with a ice shanty sticker in the back window..
 Just got off the phone with Rocky Reef Resort ..
They have plowed roads out to the 2nd ref and a few other places..
I'll be out there tomorrow jurk'n perch and if tomorrow goes as good as i think it will i'll be back time and time again..
Hard Ice

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2007, 05:52 PM »
I will make sure I put my shanty sticker in my trucks back window too, and I will see you out there...

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2007, 06:48 PM »
ok sounds great..
Hard Ice

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2007, 05:52 PM »
Good fishing with you Hard Ice...caught a few more little perch after you left out of your holes, and lost another big eye at the hole...good day though!!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2007, 06:09 PM »
yepper ! glad to see you made it home too..
hoping next time the biger perch will deside to bite too..

but you did slay them nice eyes ..to bad season was't open and were a little smaller..
Hard Ice

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 18, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Well this weekend was the last day on the ice in minnesota for me.  Wow was saturday a great day or not.  I put on sunscreen and still got sunburned.  The perch were biting well though. You can tell I was laying on the ice watching the school of perch under my hole.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.