The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Metro Report  (Read 3757 times)

Offline kns

• IceShanty Rookie
Metro Report
« on: Dec 28, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Went to Diamond in Dayton and looked everyone gave up on it, went to Lake George north of Anoka and didn't like the ice conditions and finally settled on round lake and couldn't keep the Blue Gills off the like but just a few that where big enough to keep.
Anyone else fishing in Anoka Co.?
Love to fish.....

Offline MT Net

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walleyes on ice, that's nice!
Re: Metro Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:36 PM »
I guess I'm more familiar with the chisago lakes area even though it's a laonger drive.
Been thinking about peltier, but this lousy weather and overtime has kept me form the ice.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2006, 09:32 AM »
How's the chisago area been?  We have a cabin by there, and have been thinking about going up there.  I know there's alot of great lakes in the area, but I don't know where to start?!   :-\

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

zheuring

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Fished stiger in victoria on sat 12/21 and sun 01/01, one northern 8lbs and 34 1/2 " long another 4lbs and 25" long!!! ;D then about 12 perch all to small though...

Offline MT Net

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Walleyes on ice, that's nice!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2006, 10:48 PM »
How's the chisago area been?  We have a cabin by there, and have been thinking about going up there.  I know there's alot of great lakes in the area, but I don't know where to start?!   :-\

I've only gotten out twice so far this season.   >:(

Early in the season, I fish on the channel of Chisago Lake.  Later, whenever we get good ice, I'll move up toward thew A Frame.  We've done OK on the trips, smaller bluegills and crappies.  Had to work for the bigger ones.  Seem finiky mid day with all the traffic and moving about on the ice. 

Stop in at Frankies on hwy 8 in Chisago City.  He'll set you off right with some good info.

I Might run up there Saturday, I sure wish we'd get cold weather soon.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Did really well at medicine yesterday.  Got about 80 sunnies and 2 decent craps.  Had to sort through the sunnies, but we ended up w/ 32 sunnies and the 2 craps.  Also got one 25" pike on a waxie w/ 3 lb test!  What a battle

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline crappiemaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2006, 10:46 PM »
knslodging.com
about george in anoka. there is plenty of ice about 8". we have been doing very well with the crappies out from the beach. last few time we couldn't keep the lines down the hole. each time out ended up with 8-10 10-11 inchers.  alot of small crappies though.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Tried Medicine on Thurs for craps, got 2, 1 about 4", the other 9".  Marked an unbelievable amount of fish, but couldn't get 'em to bite.  Tried minnows on big jigs, small jigs, and everything in b/t.  Horizontal presentation, vertical presentation, 2 & 3 lb test, waxies on about 7 different jigs, nadda.  Went to another lake, got about 25 from 5" to 9", kept my limit of 8-9", not real big, but they fried up real good! 

Offline Mud87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2006, 12:13 AM »
Spring lake had a good perch bite on friday....

Offline Kevin21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2006, 09:06 AM »
Nice mess of perch!   I am not from Minnesota but have friends who live in Minneapolis and will be visiting them over President's Weekend and might take them ice fishing.  Where would be a guaranteed lake that they would catch something and lots of them?  Perch, bluegills, etc.

They have never been ice fishing before so lots of action might get them hooked.

Also where can I get minnows in Minneapolis? 

Thanks,

Kevin

Offline Kevin21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Which Spring Lake did you catch the perch at mud87?  I did a search for Spring Lake and came up with a bunch of Spring Lakes in Minnesota.  What are the directions to get to the one you caught the perch at?

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2006, 07:21 PM »
I've been doing really well for crappies outta Twin Lake over in Brooklyn Center.  Alot of them are really small, but if you're willing to sort through 'em you can come away w/ a limit or two.  Also, I was on Medicine.  Same thing, tons of fish on the Marcum, nothing biting.  Anyone have any more ideas for me to try that you've had success w/?

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2006, 02:49 PM »
Well, was out on Medicine again.  Went to the same spot where I marked all the fish twice earlier, and the same thing.  This is really pi$$ing me off.  Tried another spot and ended up doing really well on craps.  Me and 2 other guys got 12 craps and 14 sunnies that were keepers.  I got 10 of the keeper craps and 3 of the keeper sunnies, my one bud got 11 sunnies and 1 crap, and my other bud got 2 fish.  He was perty mad!  Oh well, that's fishing

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Went out on Fairmont Lake, heard they were getting some nice pike and craps.  Got one pike on my first drop down the hole, 26", that was it for about 2 hrs of fishing.  Big lake w/ no structure = hard to find fish!

Offline Kevin21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2006, 06:13 AM »
I fished Bald Eagle Lake on Sunday.  Had a great time.  I was in St. Paul for the weekend.  I am from Pennsylvania so it was a long drive up there and back for a 4 day weekend so that my wife could visit with her friend.  I caught 5 crappies while they cross country skied around.  Ice was 20 inches thick.  My hand auger blade fell off down the hole after the first hole.  Thankfully a guy with a gas auger was nice enough to drill 6 more holes for me.  Trucks and cars were driving on the ice but the sherriff didn't want them to and I think they were giving out tickets for it.  Seemed kind of silly for 20 inches of ice to be giving out tickets but I guess they have their reasons.

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Got out to a small lake in the north Metro and did pretty good for craps.  About 15, not alot of size, but it was fun for about 1 1/2 hours. 

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 16, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Got out to Medicine again.  Pounded the crap outta 'em.  About 10 other guys on the lake fishing.  Most of 'em didn't do very good.  They asked me and a couple of others that were doing ok what our secret was, and I got a look at their equipment.  Most of 'em were using bobbers the size of an orange and 10-15 lb test.  The bite was light, but it was a blast.  Got about 40 fish from 7 1/2 - 12".  Most were around 8 1/2".

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 31, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Well, looks like my season's over.  Tried going out to medicine again.  ice was all gone around the edge.  I tried laying down 12ft. planks, but they just broke through.  Oh well, see ya again next year!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.