The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice fishing show  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice fishing show
« on: Nov 29, 2004, 11:29 AM »
The Ice fishing show is this weekend at the Excel.

http://www.arushows.com/ice_show_2004.html

I am going Friday after work. Not much new gear that I need I just never miss the show.

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Ice fishing show
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2004, 10:21 PM »
I went Friday. It's mostly the same each year. A few new products and a whole lot of gimmicks. This year I was actually going to make a big purchase...an auger. All it did was confuse me. Reeds seems to have the best prices there overall. The auger prices were mostly fixed by the manufacturer though Reeds was 10 bucks cheaper and they said they'd wave the tax. Pretty good. I ended up waiting and seeing if I can get it cheaper on the internet. Nope. Now I don't know if I need to go back or not. Besides, I'm still wavering between the Jiffy Stealth and Strikemaster Lazer Mag Xpress in an 8". Reeds has reconditioned Strikemaster XL 3000 for a good price. It's a 3 horse and may be too heavy for me to want to lug around. So you see my dilema.
Good luck at the show. Some good seminars to attend. I saw Tony "Tackle" Tuma give a talk about Walleye.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2004, 08:30 AM »
I go every year. It is a lot of the same stuff. Just a nice start to the season. I like seeing the guy with that bobber thing that you can glide under the ice.

Lots of nice big shacks this year. I wish I had $20,000 to part with. I would be fishing in style.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2004, 10:03 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.