The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Minnesota members  (Read 3072 times)

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
Minnesota members
« on: Feb 18, 2004, 08:48 AM »
I have an uncle that lives in Rochester Minn., so I know for a fact that Minn. is a great place to fish. What I don't understand is why aren't more people in Minn. using this awesome web site to get/give information? I live in NY, which is another great place to live.Well, a great place to hunt and fish anyway(LOL) and the NY site is full of die-hards that love to get/give info. on the lakes conditions and the fishing. You guys/girls need to spread the word about this fantastic tool (iceshanty). All will benefit from it!!!! I'll be coming to Roch. Minn. for the NJCAA National Wrestling Torn. which is being held on Feb. 27th&28th. I coach at a jr. college here in NY, thinking of bring my gear and catching some of those elusive EYE'S ;D Just kidding;won't be any time for that, but I'll be done this summer to fish w/ my uncle. Tight lines All. Utes in NY

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Minnesota members
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2004, 09:53 AM »
Too many of us are out fishing rather than posting. We hold our chats and forums out on the ice. Minnesota has the greatest number of licensed anlers per capita in the nation. Besides, we know it all from birth.

I hope you don't catch any 'eyes when you are here February 27th and 28th. The season is over for them on February 15th this year.

Good luck wiht the wrestling tourney. I have had a few discussions pertaining to the toughest sport and I maintain that it is wresting. I participated in quite a few organized athletic endevours when I was younger. The only time I ever got a better workout than from wrestling or was taken as close to exaustion was in basic training.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2004, 11:05 AM »
Hard H2O, thanks for the heads up on the walleye season. Was just kidding anyway. I'll be to busy to think of going out fishing. With all those lakes in Minn. I thought there would be a lot of info. to share. Maybe you guys aren't the sharing type? Believe me I fish ALOTTTTTT and I still find time to jump on ice shanty and share my experience's , good or bad. Have the tools why not use them? Thanks for the good luck on the torney!!! some of the guys will need it. I do have two guys out of the 8 that i'm bring that could do very well. Just for bragging rights, I did win the NJCAA championship back in 91' at 190 lbs. .that was 75 lbs. ago (LOL) guess I like to fish and arm curl those 12 ouncers to much nowLOL. Take care and stay on top of the H2O. utes

Offline hollywood_pete

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2004, 01:34 PM »
One reason could be that there are frankly better forums out there for minnesota people.  Not necessarily better quality as far as layout is concerned, but more people = more information = better.  fishingminnesota.com is probably the best as far as user numbers/quality of posters as far as I am concerned.  I spend about 95% of my time on that site and about 5% of my time here.  They have seperate forums for pretty much any area in the entire state you could imagine, plus the larger lakes like Leech, Winnibigosh, Mille Lacs, etc. all get their own specific forums.  Heck, there is even a seperate area for Aitkin!!  Then you factor in the hunting and open water forums and you've got one beast of a minnesota-specific forum on your hands!!

Offline hollywood_pete

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2004, 01:36 PM »
Oops, the thread Nazis caught me mentioning a website in my post  ::)  Go to yahoo and search for fishing minnesota forums.  That'll get you there.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2004, 06:05 PM »
i believe the minn site talked about is http:// :) .com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgii'm from ny but stumbled on the minn site and noticed thats where all the min nguys were instead of iceshanty

justreplace the :) with fishing minnesota minus the space
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Knife2sharp

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2004, 01:52 PM »
I still consider myself a MN member.  I moved 15 miles inside WI but I still do the majority of my fishing in MN.  I even bought a resident lifetime angler license before I left and doing so I can still buy resident hunting licenses.  People in MN are funny about the internet.  There's a local bowhunting website which is also used for the Metro Bowhunters and the site gets tons of hits during the deer season, but only a hadful of people ever post anything.  It gets some activity in the off season but you wouldn't know it by reading the forums.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2004, 08:59 PM »
Well guy's just got back to NY .I got a chance to hit up that cabela's store while I was in town. WOW, what a great store. Spent about 250.00 bucks:) Were suppose to be getting a Bass pro shop here in Buffalo NY. I hope it's comparable to Cabela's. The weather was nice last week too, won't be long before the ice is all gone. Went to see some baldeagles like we do every year when we go to the NJCAA wrestling nationals in Rochester. The mississippi was actually a little bit frozen this year. It's usually wide open when we comw down. Must of had a COLDDDDDD winter this year like we did? well tight lines all. utes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.