The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: What gets me all fired up !!!!!!  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What gets me all fired up !!!!!!
« on: Sep 20, 2005, 10:52 AM »
It dos'nt take much to get me excited about icefishing, but one thing that always adds a bit more excitment is looking at the " Bioligests Reports " on the Fish Commision website. Many of the lakes I fish have been surveyed during the last two years-WOW-

1035 perch from LB, half over 10 inchs-last year ;D ;D wonder how big they are now?
28 inch walleye and 15 inch perch from RS
17 and 19 inch crappie :o from another lake.

If that dos'nt get you fired up, you need to take up golf ;D ;D
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What gets me all fired up !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2005, 09:57 PM »
Yeah, those crappies were in the beast category! Also interesting     feul for the imagination is the Largest Fish category. Keep in mind that these are only the fish that have been harvested and entered; many lunkers are either eaten, or released.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2005, 08:12 AM »
Byron, I also keep my eye on the Biologist report throughout the year.  They usually do most of the surveys at the beginning of spring.  Those crappies are definately in a league of their own, especially from a PA lake.  If it wasn't such a far drive for me I would be there trying to catch one of those wall hangers. 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2005, 12:25 PM »
My question is when they gonna do Walker so we can see how many big walleyes are in there! Or if there are any?
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2005, 12:38 PM »
Walker was done in 2000 and 2003. Walleye situation not looking good, here's a link to one year.

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fish_Boat/images/fisheries/afm/2003/3_05-19walker.htm
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2005, 10:57 AM »
You know what gets me all fired up ??? ICE FISHING WITH THE SWEDISH SWIM TEAM AND BEER!!!  ;D
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.