The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Did you ever wonder?  (Read 3315 times)

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Did you ever wonder?
« on: Mar 18, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Ever wonder how people find this site ? Most probably heard about it on another board, I know I did, I replied to a question and some comments about another site and suddenly the whole thread is gone. Happens alot around here. I thought this board was about fishing and sharing information. There are many fishing boards out there and their members all recomend this site highly, it's ashame iceshanty feels the need to delete or censor normal conversation.
Jim K.

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Several months ago I posted something about an event that involved another icefishing website. I was sent a PM by one of the moderaters, kindly asking me to delete the post, so as not to support competion to IS.
Was I irked? yup, Did I think it was silly, paranoid and childish? yup.
But then I thought about it and decided that I am but a guest in someone else's Shanty, and if the Shanty owner wishes me to abide by his rules, I can understand and live with that.
In fairness to the owners of other boards that I post on(ice and open water) I no longer mention IS on their boards, so as not to provide competion among sites.
I really enjoy posting on here, get lots of good information and have made some good friends here. I can live with whatever rules are laid out, real or imagined.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2005, 07:20 PM »
TEAM ICE SHANTY RULES,   IT SHOULD BE A UNION :-\ :-* 8)
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline Pike Popper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2005, 10:31 AM »
As long as we don't have to pay any Union fees ;D :D ::)

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2005, 06:51 AM »
Yep I to have posted information for others that had been requested by them and it was delete because of competition factors.  If someone asks for help you should be able to toss them a bone with some option.  If this site and what they have to offer is of the highest quality or at least of a comparable quality.  Then they should not feel threatened and have to delete post that mention there competition. 

Snapper

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2005, 08:35 AM »
Well said Snapper, I understand the competition thing. I've owned my own auto repair buisness for 20 years, we are the best diagnostic shop in our area, yet I will refer my loyal customers to another shop for for certain services that they specialize in. I dont worry that I will loose that customer due to the fact that they know I have thier best interests in mind, not my own. Ice Shanty is the most popular site of its kind. And it will probably stay that way as long as it treats it's members with respect.
Thats all I have to say on this subject.
Ice down here is gone, vex is on the boat. It's been a pleasure chatting with, and meeting some of you this season. Hope to see you here next year.
Jim K.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.