The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: WHERE ARE ALL THE REPORTS?  (Read 4354 times)

Offline boatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE REPORTS?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2023, 02:27 PM »
yes do it,I thank you

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2023, 03:43 PM »
I will NOT pay for reports. I usually only look for reports on lakes I haven’t been to in awhile or are way out of my area. I usually give more info as a rule, than I actually get. But I’m in the Poconos and know a lot of guys are coming from Southern Pa where they might drive for 2 hours and not like what they see and have to turn around and drive home, unless they get a good report on a lake.

I’ve said it before................ if folks would pick a couple lakes they frequent or live near and give reports when they can, it would really help a lot. I live near Shohola and even though I don’t fish it much, if guys are looking for a report I will drive 10 min further after work and take a look for them.(and then report it)  And I hope others would do the same.

I'm  not talking about you.  I haven't  seen you asking for a report, but guys who live 2 hours away could collectively  donate $5 a piece and then I would drive the hour to check out the lakes. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2023, 07:08 PM »
All you have t do is watch the weather.Its pretty obvious in most places in Pa esp here in western pa there isn't safe ice if there is such a thing!
i hear ya gunny,ice is strange ive checked lakes only to find locals been fishing for days  :o the weather has changed for the good its snowed an inch so far today saw pics of mc daniels its fair to say the bays should lock back up soon.good to hear your still kickin might need a roll call
semper fidelis
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline ice4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2023, 08:01 PM »
No reports...no ice that's why...I live by Beltzville and have fished it almost every day since the new year from the boat...water temps have climbed to 45 to 47 degrees with all the rain run off ... if you head up the creek arms it gets warmer. I checked back here the other day and saw many of you asking for reports on local lakes.
Like most my ice fishing gear is setting on the garage floor hoping for safe ice so I spent the time and gas to do a drive around to find safe ice. Checked all the lakes on the Pocono area and found open water in the places that usually have ice... Bradys always is the first and last in this area to have ice and she was not fishable. Drove a little further and ck'd Tobyhanna and Gouldsboro. no fishing  and no safe ice. I didn't venture out on either of these because you could see it was not safe. Headed north to Promised Land and fond iffy ice , channel open and a guy fishing along snow shanty on 3 inches of iffy ice...not me.  when I got home I wanted to report my findings so I login and see every one requesting reports. I saw the person was from well south of here so I thought Id let him now it was a no go  and he immediately questioned everything... I started to write a very nasty reply and was about to hit send and decided I'm better than that. And that is why I WILL NOT REPORT ON CONDITION ... YOU TAKE THE TIME TO FIQURE IT OUT... For how can one fool make another wise.
MAC

You were really gonna right something nasty about my question? Man you’re soft ::) I literally said “no I’ll intent” In me re asking you because “gonna need a boat” can mean so many different things.  I just wanted a little more info... for instance is there ice at all, skim ice, ice that can get safer with a cold front etc… “gonna need a boat” to me means all open water. I just assumed there is some ice left there and just wanted clarification.

I assumed you’ll get mad so I said “no I’ll intent”.

Some of us live 2-3 hrs away in Philly and appreciate a good report.

Offline ice4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2023, 08:08 PM »
scranton joe that was not how this started one guy was complaining about how another guy gave a report! and me personally will take a report no matter how its said i dont care how he says it i got the information i need to make my own decision. and no i wont pay for that information i can figure it out this site just makes it easy and a good bunch of guys going out of there way to report safe ice.

I wasn’t complaining. I Literally asked Finatic to elaborate more on his “gonna need a boat” comment is all. Just wanted more info on the condition of the lake. So many times in the past few years people wrote to me saying similar stuff because the weather was warm but people were actually fishing those lakes. Especially Tobyhanna and Gouldsboro because they are usually the first to make ice and last to have ice… again, I literally write “no I’ll intent” in me re asking.

Offline RayD2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Simply love fishing any place, any time, any speci
« Reply #35 on: Jan 13, 2023, 08:12 PM »
Y’all make me laugh!!! Instead of a sled, take a kayak to the lake. If there’s ice, use it as a sled. If not fish from the kayak. Problem solved! ;D

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2023, 09:34 PM »
Y’all make me laugh!!! Instead of a sled, take a kayak to the lake. If there’s ice, use it as a sled. If not fish from the kayak. Problem solved! ;D

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 14, 2023, 06:22 AM »

I’ve been known to use an 8 ft jonboat on sketchy ice when I was desperate to get out there. Tied a rope to the dock and pushed myself out with my spud bar. Sat there and drilled a hole and jigged over the side. When I was done, pulled myself back to shore with the rope. I may have to activate “Operation Ice Dingy” this weekend on our private pond! 😜
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Ice_Surveyor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 14, 2023, 07:23 AM »
I will NOT pay for reports. I usually only look for reports on lakes I haven’t been to in awhile or are way out of my area. I usually give more info as a rule, than I actually get. But I’m in the Poconos and know a lot of guys are coming from Southern Pa where they might drive for 2 hours and not like what they see and have to turn around and drive home, unless they get a good report on a lake.

I’ve said it before................ if folks would pick a couple lakes they frequent or live near and give reports when they can, it would really help a lot. I live near Shohola and even though I don’t fish it much, if guys are looking for a report I will drive 10 min further after work and take a look for them.(and then report it)  And I hope others would do the same.

I am new to this game and rely on these reports to not waste time. Ive spent hours on this forum reading posts, and its apparent whose reports are solid gold. I rely on ppl like RuttNutt for information to help me make decisions, but ultimately I am responsible for my own safety. Its much appreciated, and thank you for those who take the time to help others. Its why I am here, and why I hope to contribute....when we get some damn ice to fish on.

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #39 on: Jan 14, 2023, 08:02 AM »
Here's a report. No ice on Frances Slocum, no ice on Harvey's Lake, no ice on Lake Carey. No ice on Francis Walter Dam, no ice on Lily Lake. And no poaching fish, or trespassing on water supply reservoirs you might fall in and drown.

Offline gallitzinice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 14, 2023, 09:20 AM »
When I go out, whether I'm fishing or just checking out conditions, I always file a report about ice conditions and thickness (or lack thereof). I do that because that is information I appreciate when it is left here by others. 

Offline saphireblue99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 14, 2023, 09:35 AM »
SO THE GUY USES THE TERM YOUR GONNA NEED A BOAT, WHICH OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS I HAVE SEEN DOZENS OF TIMES,  AND IS PRETTY MUCH UNDERSTOOD AS YOU AIN'T ICE FISHING THERE, AND NOW ITS A MAJOR PROBLEM. MAN WE REALLY DO NEED SOME COLD WEATHER QUICK SO THIS THREAD GOES AWAY. MAYBE HE SHOULD OF USED THE TERMINOLOGY YOUR GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT, THEN IT COULD MEAN NO ICE, WHITE CAPS, OR CAPTAIN QUINN NEEDS TO GET UP THERE WITH HIS SHARK BOAT FAST??

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 14, 2023, 11:12 AM »
I am new to this game and rely on these reports to not waste time. Ive spent hours on this forum reading posts, and its apparent whose reports are solid gold. I rely on ppl like RuttNutt for information to help me make decisions, but ultimately I am responsible for my own safety. Its much appreciated, and thank you for those who take the time to help others. Its why I am here, and why I hope to contribute....when we get some damn ice to fish on.

Well said- and thanks guys for the kind words! Just trying to do my part to help out my fellow ice finatics! 😉

Where's the FISH?!

Offline fishon814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 14, 2023, 11:37 AM »
Here's a report. No ice on Frances Slocum, no ice on Harvey's Lake, no ice on Lake Carey. No ice on Francis Walter Dam, no ice on Lily Lake. And no poaching fish, or trespassing on water supply reservoirs you might fall in and drown.

SURE HOPE THEY DONT KILL THE MESSENGER 🤣

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 14, 2023, 11:46 AM »
Well, here's a report. I just went up to Promised land and checked Pickerel Pt. If you want to fish there, you're gonna need a boat, or a kayak... floaties...waders...a magic freakin carpet...  ;D

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 14, 2023, 04:19 PM »
Well, here's a report. I just went up to Promised land and checked Pickerel Pt. If you want to fish there, you're gonna need a boat, or a kayak... floaties...waders...a magic freakin carpet...  ;D

So are you saying the ice should be fishable tomorrow?

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 14, 2023, 07:05 PM »

How ‘bout scuba gear? 🤪
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Allyn726

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 14, 2023, 07:36 PM »

See I don't mind this report because you at least started off by saying that you were just at the lake. The fellow who made the report in question did not do that. And when he got questioned about if he was really there or just assuming, he didn't answer. Instead he came here and wrote a big rant about it. And then I called him out on his rant because I agree, the credibility of his report was questionable. If others actually go and read the tobyhanna report thread and see for themselves the actual conversation, I think that they would agree.

Again, I am not complaining about people making condition reports. I appreciate them very much, and do my best to write some myself. What I am focused on is the fact that reports should be credible. They should prove that you or whomever you are writing the report on behalf of was actually at the lake to begin with.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Jan 15, 2023, 05:34 AM »
See I don't mind this report because you at least started off by saying that you were just at the lake. The fellow who made the report in question did not do that. And when he got questioned about if he was really there or just assuming, he didn't answer. Instead he came here and wrote a big rant about it. And then I called him out on his rant because I agree, the credibility of his report was questionable. If others actually go and read the tobyhanna report thread and see for themselves the actual conversation, I think that they would agree.

Again, I am not complaining about people making condition reports. I appreciate them very much, and do my best to write some myself. What I am focused on is the fact that reports should be credible. They should prove that you or whomever you are writing the report on behalf of was actually at the lake to begin with.

Yep, no second hand reporting here. If I didn't measure it, I don't mention it.  ;D

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 15, 2023, 08:15 AM »
Hang on a minute I gotta get me some more cheese and crackers

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #50 on: Jan 15, 2023, 08:29 AM »
children children if a man says you need a boat that means to me take your boat put it in and fish why get on here and argue about what you need a boat means  BOAT === OPEN WATER   SLED === HARD WATER PROBLEM SOLVED @) @) @) @) @) @) @) @) @)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Jan 16, 2023, 12:41 PM »
Yep, no second hand reporting here. If I didn't measure it, I don't mention it.  ;D

Same here Spider! I stopped by Promised Land yesterday afternoon on my way back home from being out of town over the weekend. I didn’t have any of my ice-fishing gear with me so I couldn’t test the ice. But someone was fishing earlier in the day by the looks of the fresh holes. So I took a chance and came back this morning. (See the reports section for a detailed report.)

If I can’t punch a hole and MEASURE the ice AND take a few pictures.............. ...then I don’t report! No guessing.............. ......educated or otherwise! 🤨
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Salty Ice Queen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2023, 03:34 PM »
Maybe we should report like RuttNutt more.
Hoping for our waters to
Freeze and lock back up..
We all need to get back out there and ICE FISH.😁

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 22, 2023, 06:15 PM »
All the reports are on waste book !! Hard to believe there is fishable ice & none of them lakes have reports on this site Except Tackel shacks reports. & tioga county is way too far for me to drive  :tipup:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 23, 2023, 09:02 AM »
What lakes are you talking about Captain? I heard thru the grapevine guys were on Belmont, but I have to be pretty desperate to fish there so I passed. Looks like we may be able to get on some local lakes by Sunday or Monday. I have off on the 1st for an afternoon apt so I’m gonna plan to fish that morning. Then the following weekend looks good too! Hold on folks................t hings are about to turn our way! 🤣
Where's the FISH?!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 23, 2023, 06:45 PM »
What lakes are you talking about Captain? I heard thru the grapevine guys were on Belmont, but I have to be pretty desperate to fish there so I passed. Looks like we may be able to get on some local lakes by Sunday or Monday. I have off on the 1st for an afternoon apt so I’m gonna plan to fish that morning. Then the following weekend looks good too! Hold on folks................t hings are about to turn our way! 🤣
Belmont , Lake jean & some guys claim to be on White oak

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.