The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: BASSQUATCH SIGHTING?  (Read 2837 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
BASSQUATCH SIGHTING?
« on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:17 AM »
i read on another thread that BASSQUATCH was sighted in massachusetts.reported to be over 10 lbs. well i heard that BASSQUATCH was sighted here in western pa in an old strip pit turned pay lake turned trout stocked lake?the lakes dam was breached and BASSQUATCH was allowed to flow into the connequenessing creek? BASSQUATCH sat on the bottom of the lake gorging on stockie trout till his belly burst.BASSQUATCH was reported to be 16 lbs at the time of release,any one else have a sighting?
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Chute82

Re: BASSQUATCH SIGHTING?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:31 AM »
I think I had bassquatch on the tip up a few weeks ago.  Fighting the fish on my tip up line cut through my hands like butter, after a 10 minute fight the line broke.  A minute later one of my slammers goes off and pulled my rod into the hole.  Never got my rod back, even cut holes in the ice and jigged a big rap trying to catch my rod. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:39 AM »
 :flex: :flex:
I think I had bassquatch on the tip up a few weeks ago.  Fighting the fish on my tip up line cut through my hands like butter, after a 10 minute fight the line broke.  A minute later one of my slammers goes off and pulled my rod into the hole.  Never got my rod back, even cut holes in the ice and jigged a big rap trying to catch my rod.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o  sighting confirmed,as expected BASSQUATCH heading north
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:54 AM »
He was caught in lake Arthur as a juvenile around 18 inches and kept,so he never reached his potential. His relatives live in Massachusetts and where released as juveniles and now can exceed 10 lbs.lol

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2016, 11:26 AM »
This who got him. Mr.  Tackle box......takes all tackle  with him.....[img][/img]
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline boatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2016, 05:58 PM »
What no ear pucks. :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline StoneCat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2016, 06:07 PM »
Looks like a fish you would catch in the wilkes barre area of the susquahanna....
What are you going to do,just stand there and worry about it? IF that's the card you're dealt that's the card you play.Just pick up the slack and keep on going.

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2016, 08:37 PM »
Works at Wal-Mart customer service desk

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2016, 06:41 AM »
You will never get me thought your Hole.....

Offline luv2fishnepa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2016, 08:06 AM »
Works at Wal-Mart customer service desk - well he's not on the public dole!

But what do you say when your daughter brings him home to meet you? :o

"Do you have a power auger, a hut and a quad to pull our sleds out on the ice?"

"How long does it take you to remove all that stuff before going through airport security?"

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2016, 08:10 AM »
This who got him. Mr.  Tackle box......takes all tackle  with him.....[img(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)][/img]
great lure assortment looks like you missed a spot a drop jig in glo red will fit nicely
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline digdog23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2016, 01:10 PM »
What kind of Cigar is that?

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2016, 06:01 AM »
I heard the sounds of the beast bellowing down muddy creek today but he made it past mo and the tip ups. He surfaced for a brief second but spit a two pound crappie at us and tail slapped back down. One tough fish

Chute82

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2016, 10:25 AM »
Brought out the heavy equipment this time to Muddy Creek to battle this monster.  Penn international saltwater reel that holds 875 yards of 100 lb mono, penn tuna stick rod, fighting chair that I anchor to the ice,  16/0 Owner Sper Mutu hook with 2' of 3/8 chain leader, 8 inch sucker for bait, and had Hulk Hogans song "I'm a real  American" blasting on the radio.

About 9 am I had a hit, the penn reel was screaming off line around 200 yards left the reel, Clayboy poured water on the reel to cool it down, I just couldn't get the fish to turn his head. After about 2 hrs of battle  We tied the line to an ice anchor.  Stupid Chinese anchor did not hold and snapped.  We have to remove this fish from the water before the summer to dangerous to swimmers on the beach.  I contacted the PAFC and they have placed a 10k bounty on this fish they don't want it to breed this spring.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Brought out the heavy equipment this time to Muddy Creek to battle this monster.  Penn international saltwater reel that holds 875 yards of 100 lb mono, penn tuna stick rod, fighting chair that I anchor to the ice,  16/0 Owner Sper Mutu hook with 2' of 3/8 chain leader, 8 inch sucker for bait, and had Hulk Hogans song "I'm a real  American" blasting on the radio.

About 9 am I had a hit, the penn reel was screaming off line around 200 yards left the reel, Clayboy poured water on the reel to cool it down, I just couldn't get the fish to turn his head. After about 2 hrs of battle  We tied the line to an ice anchor.  Stupid Chinese anchor did not hold and snapped.  We have to remove this fish from the water before the summer to dangerous to swimmers on the beach.  I contacted the PAFC and they have placed a 10k bounty on this fish they don't want it to breed this spring.
im on the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy got the hill billy pacifier T_N_T. :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) got a score to settle yesterday went to set hook into what i thought was a crappie bass and on the hook set fish severed my hand started yellin give me a hand guy came to help how can i help i screamed in pain i need a hand he looked and exclaimed you need more than a hand you need a sturgeon ::)
GOD BLESS
mo

Chute82

« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2016, 12:34 PM »
im on the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy got the hill billy pacifier T_N_T. :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) got a score to settle yesterday went to set hook into what i thought was a crappie bass and on the hook set fish severed my hand started yellin give me a hand guy came to help how can i help i screamed in pain i need a hand he looked and exclaimed you need more than a hand you need a sturgeon ::)
GOD BLESS
mo

Don't get caught up in the tip up line I have heard about people being pulled through and 8" hole.  Have a sharp knife handy for cutting the line before you get pulled under. 

Offline StoneCat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2016, 03:44 PM »
Yesterday had a beaver swim right underneath me on crystal clear ice.. it was crazy kept hearing swimming for an hr or so and bang there he was..
What are you going to do,just stand there and worry about it? IF that's the card you're dealt that's the card you play.Just pick up the slack and keep on going.

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2016, 08:25 PM »
Was the beast on the feed again today? I had to take a day away from muddy to get my underpants clean. I fear if we don't ice this mammoth beast the pa fish and boat will close the lake for sure. I heard of this guy. He does this kind of work. Maths kind of work other men run from.

Chute82

« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:32 PM »
Yesterday had a beaver swim right underneath me on crystal clear ice.. it was crazy kept hearing swimming for an hr or so and bang there he was..

Should have caught and ate that beaver.  Some of the best meat I have ever had.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:50 PM »
Should have caught and ate that beaver.  Some of the best meat I have ever had.
you saw my bait swimmin all the way over there i must not be settin my depth properly, heard this guy was on the trail of bassquatch before ice up trollin black bear on a quick strike rig :o :o
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 16, 2016, 06:08 AM »
[/img]

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 16, 2016, 06:18 AM »
Is the beast known to strike surface lures

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 21, 2016, 08:52 PM »

Chute82

« Reply #23 on: Feb 22, 2016, 09:33 AM »
Rumor is that PAFC is going to dynamite the lake with the help of the US Navy.  They have the USS Iowa loaded up on semi trailers hauling it to the lake, should be on the water after the ice is gone.  Navy still has a ton of WW2 depth chargers surplus so that's what they are going to use.  If this doesn't work then a nuclear explosion under water maybe our only answer.  If you watched the last debate between Hillary and Bernie this topic of Bassquatch was argued over several times during the debate.  I think Trump has the only answer and that's to build a wall around the lake.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:13 PM »
Rumor is that PAFC is going to dynamite the lake with the help of the US Navy.  They have the USS Iowa loaded up on semi trailers hauling it to the lake, should be on the water after the ice is gone.  Navy still has a ton of WW2 depth chargers surplus so that's what they are going to use.  If this doesn't work then a nuclear explosion under water maybe our only answer.  If you watched the last debate between Hillary and Bernie this topic of Bassquatch was argued over several times during the debate.  I think Trump has the only answer and that's to build a wall around the lake.
so thats whats goin on saw 4 black hawks  and then 1 blackhawk  doin recon,and then a group of ICE FISHERMEN all in black with big black ROD CASES headin otta watts bay  :o towards the "MARINA" musta been specials opps ;) ;)
GOD BLESS
mo

Chute82

« Reply #25 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:29 PM »
Took this photo today while walking the dog around the lake... Things are getting serious ...say goodbye to the ice..

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 22, 2016, 08:32 PM »
later on the bombing run a stinger missle was fired by the black opps fishermen out in the marina ice good for another day
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 23, 2016, 11:27 AM »
so the legendary beast jumped hit the plane with a fin then back to the dam area?

Chute82

« Reply #28 on: Feb 23, 2016, 12:01 PM »
Tied up a deer hair harbor seal pattern last night for some top water action on the lake.  Had to use the 10 wt fly rod to cast this massive seal pattern.  Had Bassquatch on again but he broke my leader again

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.