The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: too cold for bugs!!!!!!  (Read 874 times)

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
too cold for bugs!!!!!!
« on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:42 PM »
just found out from a very nice lady from vados that she cant ship my mags and wax worms till mon because the poor little worms will get chilly :(that sucks could ship the mags now at just $17 shipping :(so I guess up north were it is so cold for so long they must get them in at the start of winter for all winter or how do they get them.how many of you out there are dealling with this?

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: too cold for bugs!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:46 PM »
I always order mine from Jada at the end of November so that I don't have to worry about shipping problems. I order 5000 spikes and I still had few left last year in April. I have very few die on me.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:57 PM »
jada is a little cheaper and were I go too but after reading problems on shipments on bugs from them I thought I would go back to vados again but ran into the same problem.but I am going to have to try and remember next year to do like you do.we lost a real good guy and our best bait shop by me here in butler this year now we are down to just 1.5 left. ;D >:(

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2015, 06:12 PM »
1mo, who did we lose? thanks, wire

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:05 PM »
jada is a little cheaper and were I go too but after reading problems on shipments on bugs from them I thought I would go back to vados again but ran into the same problem.but I am going to have to try and remember next year to do like you do.we lost a real good guy and our best bait shop by me here in butler this year now we are down to just 1.5 left. ;D >:(
I hope it wasn't Van's. :'(

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2015, 08:35 PM »
Ordered mine from JADA a few days and I received an email stating it was to cold to ship currently....  bummer Walmart it is...

Offline higbee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2015, 09:41 PM »
mote1977; do you keep maggots in fridge? and do you change bedding often?

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2015, 09:48 PM »
yes it was vans.  we lost Ron I think in aug but I cant remember for sure.i will surely miss talking to him he was a good guy.i hope you are up there fishing trapping and drinking your ass off Ron.

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2015, 09:50 PM »
mote1977; do you keep maggots in fridge? and do you change bedding often?
I keep them on the bottom shelf of the frig in double ziploc bags with as much air squeezed out as I can. I keep my frig pretty cold, around 34 degrees , which is the key I think. I change the bedding when it gets moist, maybe once a month.

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2015, 09:54 PM »
yes it was vans.  we lost Ron I think in aug but I cant remember for sure.i will surely miss talking to him he was a good guy.i hope you are up there fishing trapping and drinking your ass off Ron.
Man , that is sad to hear. I use to drive down there from New Castle to buy my shiners when I ran tip ups. Heck of a nice guy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.