The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: field and stream cranberry twp  (Read 5082 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
field and stream cranberry twp
« on: Jan 03, 2014, 09:13 PM »
was at the new store great ice fishin selection prices cheaper than cabelas and they have live bugs fo the jiggy guys
God bless
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Jlog

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: field and stream cranberry twp
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2014, 05:51 AM »
Thats good to hear. They are owned by Dicks Sporting Goods. I was at Dicks in Robinson last night. They had nothing for ice fishing.
Love many, trust few and always row your own canoe.

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2014, 12:53 PM »
The F&S store also sells "Artic Armour gear" - waterproof, windproof, breathable and best of all it floats. (Yeah, I got a set of em  ;D) They are made by I.D.I. headquartered in Pittsburgh, so if you want to check out what the suits are like you can see them at the F&S store.

Hey "MO" - Happy New Year!

O.K. - Happy New Year to ALL the hardwater walkers out there.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

Offline EssoxHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Whoa black crappie bam da lam
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2014, 04:51 PM »
was workin in cranberry durring the opening...thought it was an overpriced gander mountain.
Catch And Release  Pike And Muskie!!!

Offline Shenango 'Eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2014, 06:06 PM »
I like F&S... price wise, all the cabelas, ganders, dicks are all about the same. I'm just glad to have a store closer than Niles OH or Wheeling that actually carries most of what i want. I was very impressed with their selection of crankbaits for trolling season... Renosky City, PA!

Offline sloughdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2014, 10:27 AM »
Are these Field and Stream stores carrying live bait???  If so bye bye local bait shops. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2014, 10:45 AM »
Are these Field and Stream stores carrying live bait???  If so bye bye local bait shops.
butter worms grubs nite walkers green worms no maggots or minnies
GOD bless
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline sloughdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2014, 11:11 AM »
THanks 1MOFISH...buddy of mine runs a bait shop near Altoona, and word has it a Field & Stream is coming to town.  He does his best to carry what the locals want and is always ordering/matching bass pro prices for guys but it's hard when people turn more and more to the big box stores. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2014, 11:17 AM »
THanks 1MOFISH...buddy of mine runs a bait shop near Altoona, and word has it a Field & Stream is coming to town.  He does his best to carry what the locals want and is always ordering/matching bass pro prices for guys but it's hard when people turn more and more to the big box stores.
ya they are owned by dicks and have one I think in erie guy said it is on line to b a national chain. its capitalism which we embrace? I think TZEDAKAH works better!
GOD blessed
mo

Offline sloughdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2014, 11:41 AM »
Admittedly had to look up TZEDAKAH, a concept seemingly becoming lost in our society.  Capitalism is what built this country, and is the same concept that enabled my buddy the opportunity to open a business.  However, capitalism today seems to have changed into government bailouts and the too big to fail concept!  Dick's started out as a bait shop, may be my buddies will be the next Cabelas or Bass Pro! 

God Bless you 1MO and those mom and pop shops dedicated to getting to know and befriending their customers.

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2014, 03:25 PM »
So what are these stores? I have heard of them but never been to one? Are they similar to a gander mountain?

As soon as that sun hits the water.. All Hell is gona break loose!
Punch holes and find schools

Offline Baitrix

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2014, 05:32 PM »
there is one coming to Altoona PA ...at the walmart plaza

Offline big splash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2014, 11:33 AM »
I was at F&S Cranberry yesterday, They still have a decent selection of stuff but heard staff saying it would only be out for another week or so. But after their sales yesterday, they might change their mind.
We are all here because we are not all there

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I was at F&S Cranberry yesterday, They still have a decent selection of stuff but heard staff saying it would only be out for another week or so. But after their sales yesterday, they might change their mind.

Got an email from Field&Stream - they just extended a sale on fishing & camping equipment (25% off) from ending the 18th to the 24th now.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

Offline FishSandwich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2014, 10:52 PM »
I didn't find their selection of ice fishing stuff that great. They've got 1/4 of one isle for ice jigs. 90% of that is the new clam line up. I was hoping for more variety.

Offline big splash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2014, 11:28 PM »
I didn't say it was great, I said decent and if you know somewhere better please let us all know.
We are all here because we are not all there

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 20, 2014, 08:54 AM »
I didn't find their selection of ice fishing stuff that great. They've got 1/4 of one isle for ice jigs. 90% of that is the new clam line up. I was hoping for more variety.
its about what you could expect here in western pa,based on the consumer model. I would sell more live bait and offer a seminar. they have shanties, augers, vex's,buckets,lures,tipups,rods,reels,safety stuff, and did have bugz but sold out still got wormz,and the other depts. got what you need,i could suit up a rookie head to  toe and get him fishin asap without the 100 or so mile round trip to wheeling,just sayin

GOD BLESS
mo

Offline jchab412

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2014, 02:10 PM »
Do they happen to have any hand augers at field and stream??.. dicks has zero ice fishing gear and cabelas had very little.. good to know at least one place has some stuff.. bin trying to get the basics so i can get on the ice

Offline curtrein

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2014, 02:13 PM »
Yeah, was there Saturday and they have several kinds of augers, power and hand.

Offline jchab412

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2014, 02:16 PM »
Thanks curt.. have to take a ride and check it out

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2014, 05:52 PM »
it dosnt make much difference if /gander mountain is cheaper if they don't have anything

Offline gunny35

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2014, 07:15 PM »
was there last night.  About the only place left with gear that I know of.  Still some gear at the mom and pop bait stores though.

Offline FishSandwich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2014, 10:36 PM »
They do have all your basics covered if your looking to start out. I picked up a new Jiffy Pro 4 auger for my buddy the other day. Runs on propane and is slick as crap. I run around a lot for work between erie and Washington so i try to sample all the sporting goods stores I go by and right now the Gander Mountain in Moon has the best selection of stuff that i know about. Next best is stop is the Gander in erie. I wish that Sportsmans Warehouse was still down there off 79...

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2014, 11:26 PM »
Sportsman ware house had everything
we could use a good all around place that concentrates strictly on outdoors ,fishing hunting camping  NO YUPPIE CLOTHES no golf no hockey no lacross

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 22, 2014, 12:15 AM »
we could use a good all around place that concentrates strictly on outdoors ,fishing hunting camping  NO YUPPIE CLOTHES no golf no hockey no lacross
The Sportsman Warehouse store at Mt. Nebo Pointe was the #4 volume store in their system when it closed. It had everything I ever wanted for ice and softwater fishing and when I think about it, it makes me wanna  :'(   And it was only 10 minutes away!!!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 22, 2014, 11:41 AM »
we met slider there although knew him at the compressor works, with the right management field and stream could be the next "whse".and don't forget dunhams on McKnight road?
GOD bless
mo

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 29, 2014, 07:54 PM »
I drove down to the Cranberry F&S tonight to see what they may have left. While the selection was limited to a section or so, I did get a few bargains - everything was 25-50% off in the ice section. example HT Explorer tip-ups for less than $9. I should have picked up a couple of the rail style tip-ups, but didn't. I also picked up one of the original Eagle Claw inline reels for @ $12. I'm pleased. ;D

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 29, 2014, 10:28 PM »
Eddie did they have any  blades for Hand auger mine are shot

Offline john1026

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLLAGGG!!!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 30, 2014, 10:40 AM »
I was just there last night and it seemed like they are starting to clear out some ice fishing stuff.  all the shelters were down didn't see to many augers.  on a good note though - almost all jigs, lures and accessories are 50% off.
FLLAGGG!!!

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:21 PM »
Eddie did they have any  blades for Hand auger mine are shot

Slider, They did, but I didn't get the mfg. Maybe call up and ask before you make the trip ((724) 742-4425). I may make another trip down next week to pick up a couple more HT's.  You get the truck fixed, and out on the frozen H2O yet?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.