The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New to forum; Cowanesque lake questions.  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Chas0218

• IceShanty Rookie
New to forum; Cowanesque lake questions.
« on: Dec 29, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Like the title says I am new to the forum and I was just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me.

I currently live less than 10 mins. away from Cowanesque lake in NY and need to know a little information about the area.  I tried calling the game and fish warden but no returned phone calls nor did anyo0ne answer. 

Do they permit ice fishing on the lake? 
If they do where is the closest area to Rt. 15 at the NY border that I can pick up a non-resident fishing license?
What region is that lake in?
And lastly do they allow gas powered augers.

I was over on the lake today and at the Southwest end (at the boat ramps) there is an easy 6" of ice

Thank you,
Chas

Offline boatdriver

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New to forum; Cowanesque lake questions.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2010, 04:02 PM »
  go online and get a license , gas augers are ok
stupid people are like slinkies,they both bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Cowanesque is in PA.  If you are from NY, better get a PA license.
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline Chas0218

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:49 AM »
Ya I was planning on getting one today so I can fish this weekend.  Are these fishing licenses effective jan1st to dec 31st?  I can ask today when I go but figured you guys might be able to answer first.  I would buy one online but my printer is out of ink so its time to buy another printer (ink cartridge cost as much as a new printer.)

Offline fishafrey

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2010, 08:52 AM »
The 2011 license is good from Dec 1, 2010 to Dec 31, 2011. Good luck and report back please.

Offline Chas0218

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:11 PM »
The 2011 license is good from Dec 1, 2010 to Dec 31, 2011. Good luck and report back please.

Went out today and got shunked, not a single hit.  I poked around a little bit but didn't seem to make any progress.  I found a couple of drop of ledges where I fished them pretty good with no success.  I am going to try and get some live bait and throw out my tip-ups and see if I can get a hit or 2.  I would to get into some eyes but time will tell.  Is the ice season still early enough to be fishing in the shallows? 

I'm thinking of meandering up towards the inlet to see if anything is up in the flooded timber after I get some live bait. Wish Me Luck!

Chas

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.