The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pymatuning  (Read 6081 times)

Offline Tunapursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tightlines!!
Re: Pymatuning
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Hey how much ofvyge lake was ice covered before this latest cold snap?  Was ther more ice then water ? Or vice versa ?

North end beyond Manning had 15 or so people out fishing in middle. Water was open from causeway out to just below Manning. South of Causeway had all open water down to Westford area. This was all this past Monday. Could not tell you what went on last three days. Be safe.
Ron

Offline Dryflyguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Mar 07, 2019, 06:26 PM »
I was one of the 15 or so on monday all the way out at the river channel. We were on 7 or 8 inches of ice. Fishing was very good monday. Went back weds and there was nobody out and a cpl people checking ice close to shore. Only 3 inches at several spots that we checked. Either we walked over all of that thin ice to get to the 7 or 8 inches or somehow we lost a good 4 or 5 inches since monday despite the frigid temps. Maybe something to do with the open water not too far away. I didnt check ice on the way to the creek channel monday since i was following the tracks of the previous dozen or so anglers out. We ended up not fishing along with a couple other guys that were checking the ice weds morn.  Pretty disappointing to say the least after having so much fun at the same spot monday.

Offline P-Wo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Posted by shumes on the fishing report page.

Had heard someone went through at manning and had to be rescued. So drove out there and it's open water from shore to channel under the causeway down to within 100 yards of manning. Looked like the rescue was out about 80 yards from shore. Its a no go for me. Drove to linesville launch and snow covered ice out to Harris island walked out by beach area 60 yards and had 5" of ice. Went a little further and it was 4". All done here for me. Not worth a 6" perch. Better days are to come. Stay safe.

Thanks for the report shumes. Much appreciated

Offline shumes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:45 AM »
 ;)2
Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!!!!

Offline IceholeHEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 13, 2019, 02:12 PM »
Who’s ready for combat fishing?
To catch them all…you gotta catch them small

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 13, 2019, 04:25 PM »
They already snagging at the craphole. Fn locals fipcrapz

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 13, 2019, 04:27 PM »
Is the lake ice free yet....

Offline geofish2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 13, 2019, 07:11 PM »
Not yet ,but its going fast. Saw some bays open . With this warm air and wind and rain should be a lot more open soon. For today, Just taking a guess , I'd say 70% covered .

Offline HUNTER/1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 13, 2019, 08:29 PM »
The Linesville and Wilson areas and boat launches are still under ice and unaccessable, this end of the lake is still pretty much ice up along the banks.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Mar 13, 2019, 10:27 PM »
Thanks guys... Hopefully mid week it will be free.....want to hit my perch spot next week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.