The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bomo Island  (Read 893 times)

Offline juniorshanty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • " TIP UUUP!!!"
Bomo Island
« on: Feb 21, 2008, 11:07 AM »
I've been fishin just off the north end of the island on Bomo for the last week or so, we've been hitting the trout pretty good. I know years ago it was a good spot for big bass and pike, anyone got suggestions? I've even caught a couple trout on jacks set up for pike, but no bass or pike on our lines yet. Does anyone know where the channel runs through there? My dad's fishin out there tomorrow but I might be doin Glen Lake Saturday if he doesn't hit anything worth a $25 derby ticket.
If you aren't catchin any fish, you're not drinkin enough beer!

Offline TroutChaser

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bomo Island
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2008, 12:07 AM »
if you set up and really stretch them out from the north part of the island towards the slate ledges, or run a line from the island towards all of the camps along the shore line of ccedar moutain road, the structure of the bottom is a raceway not for just trout, but for most of the species of the lake, especially trout,bass,perch, and the closer you get to the island and the shoreline you will catch more pike, but generally really early(first lite) or really late in the day. If your more by the island stay close to it, especially early light, the bigger one out of bomo come from directly around the island and on the very north end of the lake, good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.