The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bait Rules  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bait Rules
« on: Feb 16, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I got a look at the F&W second draft of the new bait rules todays, they are not great but they are a far cry from what they were,They still have to go by the board and hopefully they will tweek them a little more.But if they change nothing I could still live with them.They have a meeting this week.BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline vttroutman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Bait Rules
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2008, 03:08 PM »
Bailebuster,
Where did you see these proposed rules? I would like to look at them!  Thanks

Offline fishandbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2008, 08:21 AM »
I was thinking about steelhead fishing in the spring the other day, when it occured to me that because of these new bait regs., we cannot use fish eggs anymore for bait. At least that is what I get from what the regs are right now. Sure hope I am wrong about that. Can anybody find out if this is the case. Thanks

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:46 PM »
I personally asked this question to Tom Jones, since this is what I do as well. I preserve my own. He said as long as they are preserved then it is ok. I would like to see it written in the rules though.

Offline fishandbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Thanks for the reply Fish Farmer. I have never cured my eggs before. Looks like I'm going to have to now. I hope they do address it and let us know exactly what the rules are. Can you cure eggs that have been frozen?

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2008, 07:01 PM »
I think you have to cure them before freezing. I usually cure mine and use them within a few weeks, but this fall I did freeze a few cured batches for experimental purposes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.