The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Shelburne Pond  (Read 939 times)

Offline Sal V.

• IceShanty Rookie
Shelburne Pond
« on: Feb 09, 2008, 07:32 AM »
Does anyone have an estimate of ice conditions for Shelburne Pond?  I’m hearing sketchy reports for some of the Champlain Bays and even Lake Dunmore. 

Also, with these new bait regulations; do you have a recommendation for decent Pike Bait in the South Burlington area? 

Thanks a lot guys and tight lines.

Sal
You Shoulda Been Here Yesterday!

Offline shiner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Native Vermont Icer
Re: Shelburne Pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Big river bait shop Silver St Hinesburg VT     SHINER 8)

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:55 PM »
I can only think it is not going to be all that good around there. The last time I was out there it had 2inches of water on the ice and that was before the last storm so now there is more weight on the ice. Th Ice was 8 inches at best. 4 in some spots. With this new storm coming in tonight I would not even waste your time. This is going to be the wet heavy stuff again. A lot more weight on the ice means more water on top. Bring your waiters....jim s

Offline Sal V.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:49 PM »
Shiner and Jim,

I wanted to thank you guys for getting back to me with all this info.

For the past several years we’ve been able to drive out on Shelburne, but this season I was afraid of a report like this.  We’re getting nailed down here tonight (in North Central MA) with the same storm hitting you guys.  I wish it could just stay cold for a couple weeks without all the sloppy weather. 

If we head up there this weekend, I will take your advice and pack my waders ;)  Pike Fever may overrule my better judgment…

My best,
Sal
You Shoulda Been Here Yesterday!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.