The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cedar Lake  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Grayfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Cedar Lake
« on: Feb 04, 2008, 08:41 AM »
Years ago caught some nice pike there. Will be up there next thursday a day before some friends who call themselves the pikers meet for a Saturday derby on Champlain. I thought I would give it a try on my own before we meet up. Is access by boat launch available? Any reports on the fishing there?

I am originally fro Vt.[ Peacham area ] but now  live in Maine.

Any input appreciated. Where to buy bait in that area. I am aware of new laws...

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cedar Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Fish your tip ups RIGHT BELOW THE ICE, the lake is real shallow and its easy for your minnow to swim into weed. Use a trace if you can because of the Pike.... You should do well there are some nice Largemouth bass in there up to 6 pounds if your lucky!!  :o
"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley."

Offline Grayfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2008, 05:41 AM »
Fish your tip ups RIGHT BELOW THE ICE, the lake is real shallow and its easy for your minnow to swim into weed. Use a trace if you can because of the Pike.... You should do well there are some nice Largemouth bass in there up to 6 pounds if your lucky!!

Thanks. Are there any bait shops in area with larger shiners or suckers?

Offline Grayfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:13 AM »
Bailbuster.. Did you get my pm? I can't tell....Off to work.

Offline shiner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Native Vermont Icer
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Fish your tip ups RIGHT BELOW THE ICE, the lake is real shallow and its easy for your minnow to swim into weed. Use a trace if you can because of the Pike.... You should do well there are some nice Largemouth bass in there up to 6 pounds if your lucky!!

Thanks. Are there any bait shops in area with larger shiners or suckers?
Big River bait shop  on Silver ST Hinesburg  2 -3 Miles from the lake !  SHINER 8)

Offline Grayfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2008, 06:40 AM »
Thanks Shiner...will go there for bait.

Offline pointer103

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you can't take winter you don't deserve summer.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Grayfish, I am one of The Pikers who fish in the Burlinton VT area every year.
Phil and the gang just returned from this years trip.
Do I know you? This piker group is returning from the 34th annual trip.
PM me.
Lee
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". John Wayne

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Good Doggie' until you can find a rock". Will Rogers

Offline pointer103

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:50 PM »
Forget it, I figured it out Allen!
Had a great day Sunday, a bit windy, and only one fish caught.

Was great to see you again.

Lee

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Good Doggie' until you can find a rock". Will Rogers

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2008, 03:02 PM »
How many Pikers are there? I was at the ground round the otherday and there were a bunch of ya. I was in the bar area. I could over hear a few og ya all talking (not like its loud in there). jackets look pretty cool. What does it take to be a piker.... You all were talking and my wife keep on thinking you were all saying BIKERS. Come on I think it was -10 out that night. Why would they ride  bikes I asked. There was one guy working on a cuple of woman for ice bunnies. Way to go.......jim s

Offline Grayfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2008, 06:41 AM »
Hey Lee...

Good to see you all as well. Sorry I had to leave Sunday am. Needed to get to work and I wasn't feeling 100% anyway. One fish caught by you or group?

Pike fishing derby 3/8 & 3/9. Know your priorities are smelt. Anyway you folks could come up for the evening bite? Let me know some dates. I have Thursdays and Fridays off.

Alan

Offline pointer103

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2008, 07:23 AM »
How many Pikers are there? I was at the ground round the otherday and there were a bunch of ya. I was in the bar area. I could over hear a few og ya all talking (not like its loud in there). jackets look pretty cool. What does it take to be a piker.... You all were talking and my wife keep on thinking you were all saying BIKERS. Come on I think it was -10 out that night. Why would they ride  bikes I asked. There was one guy working on a cuple of woman for ice bunnies. Way to go.......jim s

Jim, we are a group that calls ourselves The Pikers. This was our 34th annual trip to the Burlington area. We are mostly from the center of Massachusetts, but have a few members from VT, ME, and NH. Each year we go to your area for the pike and to let our hair down. The gang's donations feeds them on the ice (egg and bacon sandwiches, steaks, porchettas, BBQ drumsticks, soups, and more), pays for their bait, and gets them a new t-shirt. Introduce yourself next year as we like to go to the Ground Round, we stay at the Ho Hum. After 5 consecutive years you are eligible for a Pikers Jacket, if you catch a pike outside the USA we stitch "International" on the jacket. Nobody does a trip like this better than we do! Lee

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.