The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bait Shops  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Fresh Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on
Bait Shops
« on: Jan 17, 2008, 06:47 AM »
 Hello all, I'm new to the site this is my first post. I'm heading up to Lunenburg to fish Neal Pond, I have never fished this pond and any info would be a big help. I have read up on the bait issue and Think I understand  ::)it I was wondering if someone could help me out with some locations to purchase bait I'm heading up in Feb. Thanks

Offline whipplebuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bait Shops
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2008, 06:57 AM »
Not sure where that lake is , but I sell bait in Florence,VT that is near Rutland.
OUR BAIT IS GAURENTEED TO CATCH FISH OR DIE TRYING :-)

Offline bluegill 69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2008, 12:58 PM »
toms bait and tackle is in castleton,they have a great selection of bait and tackle they are located on rt4a castleton vt  265 8654

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:44 AM »
Lunenburg is a long long way from castleton and on the other side of the state, but have never heard of neal pond...where is it and what do you catch there??

Offline ChrisinSTJVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2008, 09:22 AM »
There is a bait shop in STJ, look up Flanders Signs that's where it is he sells them right from his house. Neals has pike, perch, pikeral, bass, warm water species.
20lb pike potential in there.

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2008, 09:42 AM »
is there another name for neals pond....I can't find it on the maps...

Offline ChrisinSTJVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2008, 09:53 AM »
I don't think there is another name for it. Go to google maps scrool up on Lunenburg and it is the biggest pond off from Pond Hill Rd can't mis it.I did not see a name come up on it.

Offline hizzy19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:43 PM »
There is a bait shop in STJ, look up Flanders Signs that's where it is he sells them right from his house. Neals has pike, perch, pikeral, bass, warm water species.
20lb pike potential in there.
He has good bait at a reasonable price. I highly recommend it... If coming north on RTE 5 go past the mall and look for his sign on the right.. You have to go up a back road 3 or 4 miles, just follow the signs...

Offline ajsoma8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:03 PM »
thanks, I just found it....that is crazy...i have never heard of it, and with fish of that caliber you must try to keep it a secret.

Offline Fresh Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2008, 05:48 AM »
Thanks all for the replies, ChrisinSTJVT I found the the bait shop you mentioned, I picked up some Suckers and Goldens. I fished Neal Pond on Sat. from 10:00 am till about 5:00pm and Sun. Morning for a few hours. I could not locate the pike, however the pickerel action was nonstop the largest about 20 inches I'm looking forward for a return trip before ice out, there had to be about 2 feet of  safe crappy ice with allot of snow slush and water on top . I have not seen that much snow in a long time,wow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.