The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Berlin Pond  (Read 4612 times)

Offline johng7113

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Berlin Pond
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2011, 07:48 PM »
I personally would love to be able to fish there. There are no ponds around here that are open for ice fishing. We just got to find a way to keep the idiots from ruining stuff for the people who do things the right way.
John

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 04, 2011, 05:57 AM »
i hope it opens so morey can stop getting raped daily at least till you guys destroy that pond too!!!
I have fished Morey for years and I know you may think it is being raped but there are so many perch in there I would have a hard time seeing that place get hurt by the locals, and 1 commercial fishermen.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 04, 2011, 08:42 AM »
Yeah shes a coocko :cookoo:

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 04, 2011, 04:09 PM »
It will be just like the Barre Reservoir in Orange. You can fish from a few designated spots and trashed in a few days. Big fish will be caught and kept. Fish quality and quantity will decline rapidly. Although, I agree with you... We should have access to the pond as tax payers!

I was just going to bring that place up...
We caught some massize slabbers out of their when it first opened, but shortly after, It was just a sespool of garbage and fished out water, Unfortunately.

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 04, 2011, 05:18 PM »
Let's do a short season with quantity and slot limits!!! Let a few of the greedy get caught, pay some fines and lose their liscenses. That should keep the Pond adequately protected. :icefish: :clap: :clap:

Offline Iced Earth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 05, 2011, 03:42 PM »
I was just going to bring that place up...
We caught some massize slabbers out of their when it first opened, but shortly after, It was just a sespool of garbage and fished out water, Unfortunately.

I have been on Thurman Dix and beleive me, it is not fished out. Unfortunately, Barre City only opened a few spots along the shoreline, but if you venture out further they are there. Big ones. I don not recommend going out there though. Barre City has taken the stance that they "own" Thurman Dix. Depending on the Berlin case, this situation may improve. Mayor Lauzon is fairly open minded in this regard as I understand it.

Offline Vrmontrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 05, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Dylan 8351.................. .that is PRICELESS!!!!!!   Been laughing all day on Carmi bout that one!

Offline same new guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 05, 2011, 07:21 PM »
i completly support you.....but in the end, if you win. i see bad things happening there.remember the thurman dix reservoir AKA orange reservoir? lots of lunker bass and fantastic fishing minutes from home.it lasted about a week if anyone on this site was there for it.then the white trash decended onto it.fish gone,fire pits,trash and a dead body of water left behind.it really amazes me the amount of people in our state that fish and hunt but at the same time have no respect for what we have here.berlin pond is a small body of water that could suffer the same fate.i support your lawsuit,and your intentions are well meant,its the army of dumb-asses that will flock in and pull every last fish out that i am afraid of :'(

Offline Iced Earth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2011, 08:10 AM »
i support your lawsuit,and your intentions are well meant,its the army of dumb-asses that will flock in and pull every last fish out that i am afraid of :'(

Thanks for the support. The access point on Berlin will be small, so trash should be minimal. As far as the army of dumb-asses, well they are dumb-asses for a reason. It seems that every fishing hole that I frequent suffers from dumb-asses. I try to pick up what I can and go on with life. I suppose that in a perfect world everyone would pick up after themselves and respect the environment. So much for living in a perfect world.

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2011, 09:02 AM »
I also support you efforts to get Berlin Pond opened up. It should not be closed. Any idea when the court hearings might occur. I for one would be interested in sitting in on some of them. ??? ???

Offline pokholes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2011, 10:10 AM »
Where is F&G while these beautiful places are being TRASHED?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.