Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607664 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #23430 on: May 11, 2021, 04:16 AM »
Good Morning ER's.....Yup new snow on the deck,  Maybe I should have wished Mother Nature, a Happy Mothers Day  :unsure: :whistle: Maybe Old Man Winter would listen to her and move on  :unsure: :whistle:

I have a feeling I left my Ambition somewhere, wonder if its where ever my coffee cup is.

So far true to form, the daffodils opened up and got snowed on. 

Room mate tells me he is going to move back down town, to be within walking distance to a job offer he has.  So back to the empty nest atmosphere.

Capt Jim, will have calking gun in hand ready to dodge the rain drops, or snow flakes when its light out.  ;D

might as well put more coffee on, doughnuts under the dome.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23431 on: May 11, 2021, 05:04 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                           It's 38* and clear here on my hill.  ::)
                           Bud.........Sorry to read that your roommate is leaving.  Maybe you can find someone else. :blink:
                           Capt.jim....Safe travels back to NJ. :thumbsup:
                           Wally........I agree with you on the tornados, give me the snow, it won't blow my house away. lol :roflmao:
                           Marv.........Those fish fillets look yummy. :thumbsup: It's a good thing you got the chimney cleaned before there was a problem. :flex:
                           Eddie........I hope you goy some KFC. :clap:
                           H2l...........I agree that some pizza shops sauce sucks, same with crust. :whistle:
                           Steve........I'm glad you had a nice visit with your sister and family. :thumbsup:
                           My wife wanted to get some flowers for window boxes and some perennials for her garden so I took he to the nursery and told her I'd give
                  her $200 toward her project. We did quite well.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23432 on: May 11, 2021, 05:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  38* and clear on the Hill this am, expecting some fairly strong winds to move in by mid morning, high of 52 today.

Capt.J...wishing you safe travels to and from the Jersey Shore, man, you’ve logged up a gang of miles this year!!  :flex:  Have a safe trip Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Doc...nice to see you posting here on the 9:45, welcome aboard!  :thumbsup: Read your posts on the old gear thread...that’s one heck of a collection of fishing gear you’ve acquired!   :thumbsup:
  Bud... hope you can locate that leak and it’s a quick fix...maybe some of that flex seal will do the trick?  Enjoy the early asparagus...that’s another one I want to start growing.   :thumbsup:  Sorry to read your roommate will be leaving.
  FH4...thank you for the recipe, anxious to try that one out....got some big fans of chocolate goodies here!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  OS...thanks for the link, heading to Lowe’s today and will see if I can find those seeds!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad the toon made it to your grandsons ok and will be in good hands.  :thumbsup:  Hopefully he was able to get his truck back home before the tranny crapped out, that sucks.
  Wally...yes, it was a real big surprise getting in to see my Mom, hard to find the words.  ;D  Glad you had a chance to get a ride in even if it wasn’t a long one, nice!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...nice job on the pizzas and ribs... :thumbsup:  Wondering what the reason is behind the State not helping out with the walleye stocking?
  I-45...hope things are going better on your end...thoughts and prayers continued for you.    :thumbsup:
  Jeff...take er easy on the woodpile today if that’s on your planner!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...any thoughts of another marathon hike on that trail again? Have a good day..... :thumbsup:

Going to mess around in the garden later today, first thing on the list is getting my garage in somewhat order.
  Saw a guy who works down at our old workplace yesterday. He mentioned the budget $$ is now being dispersed and that they may be hiring a few of us back...key words being may and a few. He mentioned possibly 6 of our 14 guys going back, so who knows. Going to wait it out another week or two and take it from there.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Jeff, nice job on the flowers...heading out to do the same thing with my wife today.  :thumbsup:  KFC isn’t far from where we’ll be!!  :whistle:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23433 on: May 11, 2021, 05:53 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

32 heading to 65 later today. I just covered my wife's pansy bowl, maybe too late ???

Capt.J... Safe travel on this round of travels :thumbsup: I like tartar with lemon on my fish.

TT....I usually cut and split Pizz elm, which I guess is American. I never minded it either other than all the ashes.

Bud...Good luck finding the leak :thumbsup: Sorry to read about your roommate leaving.

IW.....I bet you made your wife pretty happy with the flowers :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Best of luck tackling that garage cleaning project :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Funny I just mentioned to my wife yesterday that maybe before it gets hot I may do a different section.

WW..... Is there Chocolate lasagna in your brothers future ;D

Yesterday I visited my neighbor whom went through Covid for the last 2+ months. He is 76 and hadn't taken it all that seriously. He said he is about 75% now, but has some concerns about a steady shake he has picked up in his hands. He said he first noticed it when writing checks. I could tell it's weighing heavy on his mind.

I have a few things on my list today. I am going to see if I can get the old boat ready to float for starters. The price of roofing cement and liquid nails has me questioning the trouble ???

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23434 on: May 11, 2021, 06:16 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....sorry to hear about the leak, the snow and the roommate  :(  hope along with your coffee cup you find your ambition  ;)2  Memorial day is the usual "safe" planting time  @)

Eddie.....fingers crossed your phone rings with good news regarding a call back to Albany  :whistle:

IW.....sounds like you'll be able to "stop and smell the roses" soon  :thumbsup:

CapJ......I've seen pics of water spouts on Lake Erie and Ontario, think I'll pass on seeing them live  :o   :pinch:  safe travels to and from sir  ;)

WS.....good luck getting the "old boat" water ready   :flex:  actually my brother IS coming for dinner tomorrow so............ :woot:

TT....glad to hear the toon has made it to it's new home  :clap: 

Decided to make a mid day run to a local lake (Delta) yesterday since the drizzle stopped and winds weren't too bad   :)  thought we might be able to scare up an eye or a perch, alas the only bite in 4 hours turned out to be a small pickerel  >:(  water is pretty filthy with all the recent rain, temp was 52*

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23435 on: May 11, 2021, 06:29 AM »
40* and sunny.
Dr. Speckler, late May was always the time around here to get things into the ground.
F/H4, thanks for the recipe.
Capt. Jim, have a safe trip. Bet you will be happy when the last one is in the books.
IW, I don't do much of that garden stuff any more. Can't have plants in the house, wife can't work in the garden, etc. The crust is what makes good pizza. One of the shops is open all year and he know how we like our crust baked, the other one it takes awhile to get him re-trained. Both are very well run small businesses. One is just pizza and such, the other is ice cream, pizza, burgers, etc.
Eddie, I have to clean the garage just to get to the boat...lol. They use to stock walleyes back in the 70's, no one seems to be able to say why they stopped.
WS, hope your neighbor gets back to 100% soon.
Have a good day and be safe.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23436 on: May 11, 2021, 07:34 AM »
Frost on the garage roof this morning. It was guessed to be the last frost but the guessers changed their mind again. More coming tonight it guessed along with the guessed highs this week end going down.

I never planted any thing before the 31st of May. I had a low of 23* on the 10th of June one year making that too early.

H2L I tried to find out if the DNR, short for DO NOTHING RIGHT, was still planting walleye fry in a lake I used to fish. As usual the link did not work. It is  a waste as they have killed off all of the weeds in the lake for the boaters so there is no cover for them.

Eddie Hoping you get a call back to your old job.

It was not the transmission in my grandsons truck, it was the motor. His FIL owns a wrecker business. The truck was an impounded truck that his FIL ended up with the title too. They had already fixed the tranny. He could not find a motor at a decent price. He is driving another vehicle his FIL has for sale for now.

Drifter When the  guy that came with my grandson to tow the pontoon the first thing I saw when he dropped his tailgate were two Erickson straps. He said they are the best. I guess you are not the only one that knows how good they are.

IFF I used a white rubber coating on my motor home to stop a leak it had. I did the whole roof. It never leaked again. I do not know if it is still available as that was a long time ago.

Time to get breakfast. Then mow the lawn again. I will put off planting a rose bush for the wife until tomorrow if the guessers do not change there guess that tonight the frost is over.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23437 on: May 11, 2021, 07:57 AM »
Glad everyone like the recipe, it does not take long to make, just have to let it sit in the fridge for a bit.  I also tried something a little different as I made the crust and then put the dish with the crust in the freezer for a couple hours, that seemed to help me spread things around without the crust moving and seemed to push the cold through to get the pudding to start setting up.  Then I set it in the fridge overnight and we had it after dinner.  Still working out different things on the recipe and making it my own, but glad the wife liked it, she said that she made herself stay away from it yesterday as she did not need a piece or three at that time.  Funny how that goes.  Have a good day everyone, a little chilly here but we got some moisture out and about but nothing too heavy to leave everything really muddy, the grass seemed to like it as it is getting green and looking good around here, in a couple months it will all probably be hot and dry and us complaining that it could be a little cooler, have a good one.

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #23438 on: May 11, 2021, 08:23 AM »
Capt.J-- That tub is for 9 plants!! They are a dwarf variety growing 2-3 near normal size ears!! Like I said, it's new to me!! Check out the link! Good info and a pic!! Got my maters planted and it's supposed to get down to 34 tonight!! :woot: :%$#!: Cover up time!!! Everyone stay well and safe!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23439 on: May 11, 2021, 09:16 AM »
OS now I don't feel so bad, its 34* here now and snowing.  I like that idea of the dwarf corn plants, will have to get me some, once I can make up my mind to stay put long enough to plant/grow/eat.

Very wet snow it is, good thing the trees were not completely leafed out.  Now wonder if its going to kill the cherry tree blossoms  :unsure: :%$#!:

TT yes had lots of people come into Camping World to get the roof coating stuff, Seems like its $99.00 a gallon now days.

Marv ?? Roofing cement on the boat ??? Well I guess when its dry it could be water proof  ???
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23440 on: May 11, 2021, 12:11 PM »
Good day sixty degrees outside with 10-20 mph winds and a few clouds in the sky. Passing this on to all of you yesterday received a phone call that my Bit Coin account had been suspended because of possible fraudulent activity I don't have a Bit Coin account so be aware of this scam and tell your family and friends to stay alert . I see NY. is mandating that students returning to SUNY and CUNY campuses this Fall be vaccinated for Covid-19 sure there will be a legal battle over this mandate.
Ice Wanderer nice surprise for your MIL on Mothers Day. May the meds. and exercises helped the numbness in your hand so you can avoid PT. Your home will look nice once you can put out the window boxes and plant the perennials. To answer your question no I never played lacrosse  while in high school at that time there was no lacrosse program/team at my school or most others her in the Mid Hudson Valley. Kingston,NY. high school started a Club team in 1990 which converted into Varsity and JV teams in 2000 . Since then other school districts added lacrosse to their athletic programs currently there are 20 public schools with lacrosse programs  in my section of NY.
Whopper Stopper glad you found a source for riffle ammo. primers and can now reload. Good that you thought about cleaning chimney at the shack sounds like there was quite a build up of cresote. May your neighbor continue to recover from his bout with Covid-19.
Eddie happy you and your mother were able to spend some time together on Mothers Day guess you arrived at the right time to deliver your card and flowers. May you receive some news on returning to Albany work site in coming weeks.
Hunts2long guessing the DEC felt the results of the walleye stockings in the 1970's did not make it a positive spending of funds . Hopefully they will conduct angler and electrofishing surveys and decide to stock GSl with walleyes in the future. When it comes to Pizza personally prefer the neopolition thin crust style over Sicilian or Chicago Deep dish and like the crust baked so it is some what crispy .
Wallyworld may you find the walleye and perch on your next fishing trip. have a good dinner with your brother.
Tomturkey i hope your apple trees survived the frost and area framers suffered minimal damage to their crops. Glad your grandson came and got the pontoon to his home with help from one of his friends. may he be able to find a motor for his truck at a reasonable price.
Fish/hunt4ever that you for sharing the chocolate lasanga recipe.
IFF may you get some cherries later this year from your tree. Sorry to hear your room/house mate is leaving. Best to you in finding and fixing the RV leak.
Dr.Speckler I've seen your posts in the Covid thread may you and your family be on the road to recovery.  Looks like many people will be getting a later start to their gardening this year.
Capt. Jim thanks for answering my question. Safe travel to you on this NJ. trip.
OldSailor best to you with the new sweet corn growing method. Our friend Raquettedacker maybe able to give everyone ideas on where to purchase or find the tubs at low cost. During this pandemic I've been following a You Tube channel called Living Traditions Homestead. this family lives in Missori and raises most of their own food . they grow some of their plants in Crystalix tubs they have purchased or were given by local dairy and beef cattle farmers. They tubs contained a molasses based mineral lick compound. below is how to find their channel.

Once on You tube type Living Traditions Homestead into the You Tube search bar leave space between words.

Icefisher-45 ditto Eddie's words may both of you be having a good week so far.

everyone have a good Tuesday. best to all with fishing planes. Stay healthy and safe.
 Steve

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #23441 on: May 11, 2021, 05:52 PM »
Good evening all,im over covid and have been for 3 weeks however my other health issues like diverticulitis has turned into fistulas in my intestines.i have a drain for that and ended up catching the drain tube on a door knob and ripped it out so i went today and got it replaced.but i had some good news that having the drain in for 34 days now,my holes are healing up and talking to the surgeon friday to see if i can get the drain out next week.surgery still sooner or later because fistulas heal but almost always come back.but i want to buy some time to go fishing.lol the drain gives me bad anxiety and going straight from that to surgery..idk anyways enough about me and hope you guys/gals are making the money,fishing and just enjoying life.i cant wait to eat some bbq ribs out of the smoker.i mainly been eating tomato soup.lost 50 pounds now but being skinny or fat really doesn't matter if you still feel crappy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23442 on: May 11, 2021, 07:15 PM »
i have a drain for that and ended up catching the drain tube on a door knob and ripped it out so i went today and got it replaced.but i had some good news that having the drain in for 34 days now,my holes are healing up and talking to the surgeon friday to see if i can get the drain out next week.surgery still sooner or later because fistulas heal but almost always come back.

Best of luck Dr.SPECKLER !

I went through something very similar about 15 years ago. I never got along with the drain tube, especially when working in 95 degree heat. I ended up seeing a fabulous surgeon from Sweden who did some unbelievable whittling. I probably better stop here, as it was quite the ordeal.

Hope all goes well with the treatments.

Best wishes :thumbsup: 

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23443 on: May 12, 2021, 05:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 41* and clear here on my hill, a nice day is the forecast. ::)
                        Dr. SPECKLER.........Sorry to read about your health issues, I hope they can leave the drain tube out. :unsure:
                        Marv.........I'm sorry to read about your neighbor, that virus sure does some strange things to people. :cookoo:
                        Eddie........I hope you got your garage in order and some gardening done, what do you have planted so far? ???
                        Steve........I think you're going to see more mandates put out, proving that you've been vaccinated. :whistle: I don't know if it's a
                 good thing or bad. I got my shots and after seeing what #1 son went through I don't wish anyone getting the virus. :blink:
                        H2l...........Sometime if you see a game warden, talk with him and sometimes they have some info about the stocking.
                 Also he can pass the word back to the higher ups to maybe plan on a stocking program for G S L. :whistle:
                        Wally........Any plans on getting out today? ???
                        Yesterday my wife and I got all her plants in the ground so she's happy.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday eoither at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23444 on: May 12, 2021, 06:08 AM »
40* and some clouds.
Mr. C, that is how I like my crust, thin and crispy.
Dr. S, you have to be glad that the Covid is behind you. Hope you are feeling better.
IW, surprised you got the plants in yesterday. It was a cool, windy day over this way. I have talked to a lot of DEC people, they have very little input. I think the Great Sacandaga Lake Fishing Fed has some input because of their stocking of trout program. They have also been putting in 2 or 3 thousand walleyes the last few years, but for a lake this size that is not many.

A sister of one of the wife's friends passed away, so we are making a quick day trip to Rochester for the wake. Wife said she would go alone but I know she didn't really mean that.

Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23445 on: May 12, 2021, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts and prayers to those involved in the latest shooting in Colorado, so sad  :'( :'(

DrSpec.....thoughts and prayers sent your way  :)

WS......sorry to hear about your past troubles  :(  glad you found a doc that could help  :thumbsup:

IW.....no fishing today, darn wind just doesn't want to quit   :%$#!:

Eddie.....looks like some good gardening weather FINALLY heading our way  :clap:

H2L.....sorry to hear of the loss  :'(  safe travels

MrC......agree there's probably many legal challenges ahead concerning vaccination "rules"  :-\

Went shopping for the chocolate lasagna fixings yesterday, found these for the crust instead of regular oreos  @)

one can never have too much peanut butter with their chocolate  :woot:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23446 on: May 12, 2021, 06:22 AM »

My nephew is getting ready to bottle some of his "Bourbon Maple".....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23447 on: May 12, 2021, 07:24 AM »
It looks like there will not be any fruit coming out of Michigan this year. I talked to a friend last night. He had 23* yesterday morning and he is on a hill. Now they are talking frost through Saturday morning. Hopefully this does not move east. I think that NY state raises a lot of apples. Hopefully most of the fruit farmers have crop insurance so they do not go broke. Even with no fruit they still have to spray.

Bud That coating is sure expensive now. I can not remember what I paid for it back then but it was well worth it.

ww I could not believe all of the different flavor of Oreos I saw at the grocery store the other day. There are so many weird products on the shelves today it is unbelievable. I wonder how the stores find room for it all. Most of the stuff in the produce section was unheard of when I was working in the produce section right after I got out of HS.

DR Speckler Sorry to here about you problems. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis one time in the ER. I think it was a misdiagnoses as I have never had any more problems. I only have to have colonoscopy's every 10 years as nothing ever shows up. Not complaining about that.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23448 on: May 12, 2021, 10:21 PM »
Checking on the leak I pulled the bunk down and see its been leaking for some time.  I suspect water has been getting into that area for some time, I now notice some time prior to me getting it, its been hit with some silicone around the exterior window trim.  So will pay particular attention to that again, will have a ladder up tomorrow and do a closer inspection to the exterior around that side window.  And get it dried out.

Got a couple errands in today, did I mention I got the slow bath drain back working like it should :flex:  :thumbsup:

Sounds like a Grandson wants to come out here and be a caretaker, if/when I want to go traveling, and or help with some light repair projects if I so decide to do any. What with Covid and all he is unemployed at present.  Will have to give that some thought.

See Dave posted some pictures of the latest toy, looks like he is having some fun with it.  Looks like a real work horse.  Didn't notice its got a dump bed.  Makes for a real plus.

H2L do I see pancakes in your future ???  Looks good enough to eat  ;D

finally some warmer weather is showing up.

Take care all.

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23449 on: May 13, 2021, 04:45 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

A warm 52 this morning, should see 70 later today.

IW.... Did you start on your wood making ???

Eddie.... How is the garage cleaning coming along ???

WW....How did dinner with your brother go?

Bud....Glad you found the leak.

h2l....Sorry for your loss.

Not a lot going on here today. Yesterday everything I did went south, hope today isn't a repeat.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy,

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #23450 on: May 13, 2021, 05:06 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  44* with clear skies and light winds this am, high of 65 today.

Bud...glad you found the problem area on the RV, hopefully it’s just a minor repair....careful on the ladder today!  That’s good news on your grandson offering to help out with the house while he’s off work, best wishes things work out with that.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...that sucks about the cold weather and all the orchards taking a hit with the frost! Apple’s are a very big business here in NY as well, so far things are looking ok with the orchards in my area, hopefully the last of the frost is over with now.
  H2...can almost smell that syrup through the screen, looks incredible!   :clap: Sorry to read of your wife’s friend passing, hope you had safe travels to and from Rochester yesterday.
  Wally...yes, looks like the weather is finally turning the corner!! Started hardening off some of my plants, got some potatoes in, will be planting this weekend! Good luck today if fishing is in the plans, getting my fixings for that chocolate lasagna today...might try those Oreo’s out as well.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...garage is half done, not much in the garden yet...just the garlic I planted this past fall that’s doing great and some potatoes at the moment. Things will be looking better by this weekend for sure. Glad you got all your wife’s flowers in, best of luck with all your plants soon to follow!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...did you get the boat repaired, also wondering if you have a bike to take on that trail you could put in the back of your truck? Have a good day with whatever might be on the planner today.   :thumbsup:
  Doc...man, sorry to read about your health issues as well, I hope everything works out well for you, best wishes sent your way Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...thank you, hopefully we hear something soon on returning back to the workplace but I have a pretty good feeling it’s all over with down there for our crew unfortunately. Thanks for the heads up on that new scam, always something!!  :thumbsup:

Helped a buddy out again yesterday that I poured the garage with, new sidewalks and a patio at the same residence. Other than being a windy day, everything went well and the trucks were even on time, lol.
  Mowing on the planner today and a dance recital for my granddaughter this evening... ;D. Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23451 on: May 13, 2021, 05:29 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 42* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                             Eddie.........I hope you hear some good news in the near future.  :thumbsup: Good luck with the garden and no more frost. :flex:
                             Marv..........I started my wood yesterday, I blocked up about a cord and split half of it, I'm taking it slow and easy. :whistle:
                             H2l............I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your wife's friend, I hope the trip west went well. :thumbsup: That syrup looks fantastic. :clap: :flex: :bow:
                             Wally.........This wind we've been having is sure putting a damper on things,  :%$#!:
                             Bud..........That's good you found the leak, now hopefully you can dry it out a repair it. :flex:
                             Steve.......Those scam artist don't give up, always coming up with something. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                             Yesterday as I mentioned to Marv, I started my wood, after getting that I set up a ladder to see if I could start pressure washing my hose
                     but standing on the ladder and trying to hold on was just too much. I am planning on renting a man lift for some of it but it looks like I'll have
                     to rent one one for 3 sides. I have so much I want to do this summer. But I've decided to concentrate on the wood first.
                              I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23452 on: May 13, 2021, 06:27 AM »
37* and sunny.
Eddie, seems like you are staying pretty busy. This time off will give you an idea what retirement will be like.

The trip went good yesterday. Thanks for the thoughts. The wife got to see some of her friends who she worked with at Roch. Tel. back in the day. We also stopped at Bill Greys for a burger on the way home. YIKES!!! I will stick with the BK dollar menu. All they do is make it "messy" and jack the price up. Best part of the trip for me, the GPS took us off the Thruway at Weedsport, so we ended up going past Sodus Bay. Use to fish that area a lot and there were a lot of boats out, both on the water and on the roads. Once we got into Webster I remember why I moved up here when I retired.

The bourbon maple sells like crazy. He made three 15 gallon barrels of it this year. Barrels can only be used once so he sells them at the end of the season.

May put the boat battery on charge today and on Tuesday I went and picked up some jigs, so might not be too long.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l

By the way GPS sucks. Had to turn around twice and once had to stop an ask an officer for directions. GPS wanted to take us to downtown Syracuse on the way home.
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23453 on: May 13, 2021, 07:10 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....sorry to hear the GPS had you messed up  :wacko:  maybe try google maps or "waze" on your phone  ???

WS.....sometimes it's better to just call it quits  ;)2  hope today's projects go better for you  :whistle: 

IW.....sounds like a good start on the wood  :flex:  we're at a stand still waiting for the ground to dry so we can split/haul from the field to the garage lean to  :-\

Eddie....the weather has been so lousy I haven't even begun any work in the garden  :blink:  might do some plant shopping today  ;)

IFF...glad you found the leak, good luck with the repair  :thumbsup:  hope your nice weather sticks around  @)

MrC.....there's been some cases of "the grandparent" scam in this area, people have lost thousands of $$$ thinking they're bailing the grandkids out of jail   :nono:   >:(

Dinner was good, shepherd's pie and cornbread   :)  Dessert was  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  thanks again FH4  :bow:  I DEFINITELY recommend the peanut butter oreos  ;)2

Going to do some plant shopping this morning, mowing the sponge this afternoon  :roflmao:  hope the sun/wind has dried it up a little  ::)  tomorrow's plans are early rise and head northwest to the big lake in search of some spring Kings   :thumbsup:  :clap:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23454 on: May 13, 2021, 08:18 AM »
Glad the dessert was a big hit, I might have to try different oreos for the base as well, the wife really likes the peanut butter oreos that they sell, that is usually the dessert for camping when we take the camper out and about.

Well if anyone knows of someone looking for work in a chemical plant in a laboratory we are looking for someone In Tulsa Ok., they can go to the Chemtrade web page and apply, just in case.  I see that my state is withdrawing from the extra unemployment pay along with a couple other states around me.  Good for some, but bad for some out there.  I seen a couple stories about people who will not get a job unless it pays them what they think they are worth, and that price range shocked me.  I do not even make what they want to start out and being a the job for 13 years.  Wow is all I can say.  Eddie good luck on maybe hearing something from the old work place, but glad you are making good with your time off and getting ready for the retirement stage of life.  Have a good one everyone and hopefully the weather will straighten up and you all can get out fishing, or gardening these days, looks like a couple more weeks before we can get anything in the ground, but the greenhouse is starting to get a few plants growing. 

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23455 on: May 13, 2021, 09:06 PM »
Not summer here yet.  ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #23456 on: May 13, 2021, 10:09 PM »
Good evening ,another nice dry day here think the day's high temperature was in the lower seventies. The metal stair case to my buildings laundry room has been removed so hopefully construction will start soon on the new wooden stair case.
Dr.Speckler best to you in getting control of your health problems.
IFF glad you found the source of RV leak may whatever product you choose to fix the problem correct the problem. Nice that your grandson wants to come and live with you and help with house projects.
Eddie may you be able to get your plants started in the garden this weekend.How did your granddaughter's dance recital go tonight. Good that you are able to make some money helping your friend.
Ice Wanderer I agree more mandates will probably come down from Albany. Glad the weather allowed you to get the wife's window boxes up and planted with flowers plus get some flowers planted in the garden. Your off to a good start on the fire wood pace yourself and remember to keep area around your splitter clear of trip hazards.  We do not want to read about any accidents this year.
Hunts2long please give my condolences to your wife on the passing of her friends sister.  If your nephew shared any of the boubon flavored maple syrup with you enjoy it on your pancakes and other food items/dishes.
Wallyworld may your mower/tractor not be stuck in the sponge that is your lawn. seems there are many people out there trying to get money from folks through scams. best to you and Mr.WW at the "Big lake" tomorrow.
Fish/hunt4ever i think the mint flavored Oreos would go well in the chocolate lasanga recipe. I fell similar when i see starting hourly rate for new employee at my employer and think of how long it took me to reach that hourly rate of pay.
Drifter-016 guess you will have to put long pants back on until the weather warms up to "Summer" temperatures for the Yellowknife area.
SpitzoMT hope all is well with you and the family.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23457 on: May 14, 2021, 03:41 AM »
Morning all,

A quick good morning before heading out  :)  Fingers crossed we can out fox the striped kitty today  :whistle:  Catch up with you all later  @)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #23458 on: May 14, 2021, 04:13 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                            It's 45* and clear here on my hill, warmer days coming this weekend. ::)
                            Wally.........I hope you beat the striped Kitty. :thumbsup:
                            Eddie.........Down where my mechanic lives there was a frost yesterday, it just goes to show how the cold sinks in the valley
                  pushes the warmer air up. :whistle:
                            Dave.........That's what you get for living so far north, but I bet you wouldn't change it for anything. :flex:
                           Marv..........I've had days like that, the best thing todo is lay back and down a couple of beers and hit it again the next day. :whistle:
                           Bud...........Maybe having the grandson come to stay will be a good thing, he's young and can help out with the heavier things
                  and he is family. :flex:
                           H2l............Sometim e my GPS resets it's self to non highway driving, check the settings. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                           Steve........I hope they can get the new staircase in soon so you can get to the laundry room. :unsure:
                           Yesterday I finished splitting what was bucked up then I mowed my lawn. Around 4pm I went out and cut for an hour or so,
                  This morning I will stack what's split then back to splitting. It will keep going like that until I'm done.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay safe and healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23459 on: May 14, 2021, 05:33 AM »
40* and clear.
WW, hope the fish find you. Good Luck.
Drifter, 27* has to be a Spring day in the North.
IW, I think it is time for the wife to get a new GPS. I think this one has been around for a while. I usually look at a map before we leave home and "wing" after that.
Hope everyone has a great Friday and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.