The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Dillenbeck Bay  (Read 3342 times)

Offline METOVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maine to Vermont & Back
Dillenbeck Bay
« on: Jan 21, 2009, 02:43 PM »
I think I might be coming down with something on Friday ;) and plan to go fishing. Coming back from Keeler's Bay Saturday I saw a lot of people fishing at Dillenbeck. Anyone know how they have been doing there this year?

Thanks for any info.

Jim

Offline mr.bibit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • owner/operator VTSPORTSMAN
Re: Dillenbeck Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:00 PM »
good on sunnies,gills so so on crappies and the pike are in.I will be there friday.
Scott
Vtsportsman hardwater tournament series

Offline METOVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2009, 07:19 PM »
Thanks Mr. Bibit. I'm in for the pike and have never fished there before so I flying blind.

Jim

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THEY CALLED IT CATCHING EVERYONE WOULD DO IT!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2009, 08:20 PM »
good on sunnies,gills so so on crappies and the pike are in.I will be there friday.
Bibit is dillenbeck north of holiday harbor?

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Bibit is dillenbeck north of holiday harbor?

Yes it is.  Dillenback is a great place to fish for pike!

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:17 AM »
I'll be at DB early tomorrow morning if anyone wants to stop in and say hello, I'm pumped, I need a day on the ice!
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline METOVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009, 07:28 AM »
I'm narrowing my decision down to a location to fish but leaning towards DB. I'll be in a blue viking shanty with ski-doo and dog sled. Hopefully the bite will be on!

Offline Drakeman70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009, 02:52 PM »
Anyone have a recommendation on what jigs to use for the sunnies and gills for Dillenbeck.  I am also planning on heading out there early tomorrow morning (can't wait to use my new Ice Gator that arrived yesterday).  Feel free to stop by an say hi. I will be walking and in the Red Artic Armour Suit.

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Yes it is.  Dillenback is a great place to fish for pike!
Is it the first bay on the left?Thanks alot

Offline motorfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rock The Ice !
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Anyone have a recommendation on what jigs to use for the sunnies and gills for Dillenbeck.  I am also planning on heading out there early tomorrow morning (can't wait to use my new Ice Gator that arrived yesterday).  Feel free to stop by an say hi. I will be walking and in the Red Artic Armour Suit.
I've been having good luck on a Kodiak Chubby FireTiger rigged w/ a wacky hooked waxworm,
but I'm willing to bet any horizontal firetiger styled jig will work. :icefish:

Jus doan stan thar.... DO SUMPIN' !!!

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2009, 07:39 PM »
Is it the first bay on the left?Thanks alot

If you head north on RT 2 coming from the motel, go over the bridge, Dillenback is the first bay on your right.  Ransom Bay is just after it.  There is a nice launch at Dillenback.

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:40 PM »
If you head north on RT 2 coming from the motel, go over the bridge, Dillenback is the first bay on your right.  Ransom Bay is just after it.  There is a nice launch at Dillenback.
Thanks alot big.Do you fish up there often?That was the bay I was thinking of from the north.I have a grup of 12 that goes up every year we should hook up some time.

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:48 PM »
Thanks alot big.Do you fish up there often?That was the bay I was thinking of from the north.I have a grup of 12 that goes up every year we should hook up some time.

We've got 11 going up this year.  I have fished up there every year for the last 15 years.  I love going up there.  I wouldn't mind hooking up with some fellow southern new englanders up there or down here.

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:58 PM »
We've got 11 going up this year.  I have fished up there every year for the last 15 years.  I love going up there.  I wouldn't mind hooking up with some fellow southern new englanders up there or down here.
alright anytime going up derby weekend,you?Im in central ma. lots of water or i can always go your way.Depends what you want to fish for.

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2009, 12:23 PM »
alright anytime going up derby weekend,you?Im in central ma. lots of water or i can always go your way.Depends what you want to fish for.

We're going up the weekend after.  I started going up there with my father and his buddies on President's weekend and have never changed the timing of our trip.  Maybe next year.  I have no problems heading out your way.  I used to own a camper in Oakham so I am very familiar with that area. 

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:43 AM »
I did really well on a glow demon with an orange head.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline Drakeman70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2009, 10:50 AM »
rboot.  Thanks for the info.  I actually did pretty well Friday until I lost my last green teardrop jig.  Caughts a bunch of little crappie (under the limit) and two just at 11".  Also caught quite a few sunnies and gills on an orange rocker after I lost the teardrop.

Drakeman

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2009, 05:42 PM »
We're going up the weekend after.  I started going up there with my father and his buddies on President's weekend and have never changed the timing of our trip.  Maybe next year.  I have no problems heading out your way.  I used to own a camper in Oakham so I am very familiar with that area. 
Alright big oakham is in my back yard any time you want to get out drop me a line.GOOD LUCK in vermont ill post when i get back to give you the update.Bob

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Alright big oakham is in my back yard any time you want to get out drop me a line.GOOD LUCK in vermont ill post when i get back to give you the update.Bob

Sounds good!!  I'll do the same.  Good luck to you and your guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.