The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where was everyone?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
Where was everyone?
« on: Feb 06, 2008, 06:29 AM »
Not many people in Rutland last night.  Heard all of the same comments, and a few new ones.

I think the F&W board got the three main comments from the public enough times last night.

1. No 48 hour use or destroy.

2. Bait can go into a bait box on the ice for the rest of the season with no additional threat of spreading VHS.

3. Catching and using bait on the same waterbody will not spread VHS.

We'll have to wait and see what the changes are going to be.

F&W Board does make the decision, keep that in mind.  Their contact info is on page 4 of the law book.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Where was everyone?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2008, 06:54 AM »
when they going to deside what they going to do kind of hopeing they let us save our bait in a bait box kind of pricey to buy and have to throw it away

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:06 AM »
The Board needs to have two more votes before it is sent on.  It's unlikely that it will occur before the end of ice fishing this year.

You can keep bait on the lake in a box, but still for only 48 hours from time of purchase.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline hunter13

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:36 PM »
the only thing that scarws me is what if someone puts bait in it with out me knowing it and they check my paper work and theres like 5 minows to many in the box am i in trouble because my paper work will say  i have less minnows but i sapose i could just sink a minnow trap down with my bait in it by my shanty  i dont know i hope they do something or i wont be fishing next season

hunter13

"Grab your rod and git-r-done!"  VERMONT

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2008, 03:58 PM »
They will do something for sure.  Wardens are giving people a little leeway.  The bait shops sometimes give a few extra.  Just check your box and make sure there is no species that are not supposed to be in there.

I doubt people would leave bait, but I guess you never know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.