Author Topic: Longing for a Lake thats Long  (Read 1138 times)

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
Longing for a Lake thats Long
« on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:28 PM »
As you may have guessed, I will be fishing long lake tomorrow from 9ish until I can't stand it anymore.  I have heard it gets alot of pressure and that the fish may not want to cooperate, however, I am in need of new scenery and territory to check out.  The lakes in Anchor-sore are getting pretty dull.  Well, that and I haven't landed a decent fish in almost 2 weeks!!!!  :'(  Lakers and Burbot are the targets, with a few char mixed into the pot I'm sure.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring me fishy-luck and a camera full of tourney entries! 

Tight Lines Folks!!

Jake :tipup:

PS Never been to the lake b4 so any advice is always appreciated!
Cheers!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: Longing for a Lake thats Long
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Jake,
How about travelling north?  Try out Paxson or Summit Lake?  Both are long and hold a decent population of both species you seek.  Louise and Fielding are others to consider...  Good ol' Los Anchorage.
TEAM ALASKA

Offline komocazie74

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Longing for a Lake thats Long
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2007, 11:45 PM »
 ive seen pics of two burbot that have come out of there that were both over 40", weve fished it a couple of times but only caught pan fry rainbows and some large suckerfish.  we tend to pass this lake up because everytime we're there the wind just barrels from one end to the other.  we let the suckers go but a coworker told me that they are delicious smoked.  hope you get some lunkers :)  good luck.

you only live once- take time to enjoy it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.