The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Boysen 1-6 thru 1-8.  (Read 1730 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Boysen 1-6 thru 1-8.
« on: Jan 09, 2007, 10:03 AM »
We stuck with the plan and headed to wonderful,windy wyoming on saturday morning.I arrived at my bro's house in Longmont @ 4am. It was -7 deg. Good ice fishing weather! Started feeling the wind just north of Cheyenne and some ground blizzards. Stopped in Wheatland for fuel and it was like being in a sandstorm!  There is very little snow up there so just the dust was blowing-nasty place.  About 20 miles up the road the vent cover on the camper fan tore off. My nephew in the back used his cellphone to call us and tell us about it.  About 20 more miles up the road a guy goin by in a pickup points to my snowmobile trailer so we pull over and one my snowmobile covers is ripped to shreads!   It was funny I could BARELY open the truck door to get out to check on things. We started going straight into the wind getting near Casper and the diesel kept slowing down to 50 MPH so I would hammer it and get it back to 65 and then the process would repeat itself time and again.  Man I love that wind!
We finally get to Boysen lake and the thermo says 37 degrees. Cool! Except for the drifting sand it wasn't too bad.  We all had ski goggles on 'cause the sand was so bad.  We get everything rteady and head out from North Muddy area about a mile or so in  35-40 ft of water.  We fished from 1pm till 4pm and caught 2 bo's both 18" and 3.5 lbs.  Also about 10 perch.  I remember waking up saturday night in the camper and the wind had died. The silence was deafening! Sunday dawned cold but calm.  We fished from 8am till 530pm that day and caught 8 more bos all 18-20.5" and 3-4 lbs each.   I caught 30 perch myself including several 10-12"ers. It was a CALM day-what a treat. I whupped the boys in a game of gin rummy that night so an all around good day.

Totals for the trip:

14 [email protected]".  Threw back a couple 14"ers.
1 brown@17".  (me)
75 perch or so most 8-11 some 12's and a few dinks.
$200 worth of diesel.

Caught most bo's on bright lazers with piece of crawler.  Caught most perch on swedish pimples with perch eye. Also perch or gold jiggin rapalas with an eye worked well.

Ice was a uniform 10" thick.
When we left Boysen on Mon. @ 130pm, the temp was 49 deg. and it was sunny and calm. Amazing.  Heres a few pics:

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: Boysen 1-6 thru 1-8.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2007, 10:29 AM »
Pigs and toads! Congrats on very nice fish and welcome again to windy Boysen. I went to Ocean yesterday and turned around and came home...couldn't raise the camper-top in 45 mph, so if I couldn;t do that, I couldn't cook, and if I couldn't do that,  I couldn't eat. Well, that was it fer me! Sorry I couldn't get over and see you guys. After I saw the Doc, she gave me a one-day pass to fish before the you know what. I tell ya, it won't come too soon for me!
                                                LT  ;D

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2007, 11:07 AM »
waytogo slayer :thumbsup:

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2007, 11:50 AM »
Nice fish
Heading over for the tourney next week

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline icemonster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Hello Slayer, We were camped next to each other this weekend I thought that was you but between the wind and the fish we didn't have much time for talking. We set up our tippups on Friday night. The next morning all our flags were up. Drilled a couple holes to jig and ended up not even chipping out our tipups till we left on sunday. I don't think we went five minutes without seeing a fish on the Vex or Aquview. They were a little tight lipped at times but definitely had fun. No Trout only perch.
I parked my trailer on the edge of the ice on Friday and had sand dunes around us when we left. The wind on Sat was brutal.

See ya next time.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:27 PM »
man im jealous

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2007, 04:16 AM »
 :thumbsup: sounds like you had fun congrat's
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Hello Slayer, We were camped next to each other this weekend I thought that was you but between the wind and the fish we didn't have much time for talking. We set up our tippups on Friday night. The next morning all our flags were up. Drilled a couple holes to jig and ended up not even chipping out our tipups till we left on sunday. I don't think we went five minutes without seeing a fish on the Vex or Aquview. They were a little tight lipped at times but definitely had fun. No Trout only perch.
I parked my trailer on the edge of the ice on Friday and had sand dunes around us when we left. The wind on Sat was brutal.

See ya next time.

Yeah I remember your camper, nice and flat next to the lake.  Saturday was pretty brutal, sunday was a blast. Monday trout were still good, perch got persnikity. Maybe next time-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.