The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Another 70 perch day  (Read 2324 times)

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
Another 70 perch day
« on: Jan 06, 2007, 08:32 PM »
  OK......the wind sucked but, spanked them again! Between two of us probably caught 150, kept a 5g bucket of jumbos. OK mostly jumbo's, had around 2 dozen in the 1pound range. I caught the big fish that was atleast 1 1/2 maybe better.
  First day with my aqua-vu VPG, will never own another flasher. No more mathematic's on the ice to figure-out depths. No more annoying whirring motor, I was loving it!

OK only lure used again, same northland 1/8o buckshot with a waxy........and later perch-eye...or both.
  Saw fish come through at 10-15 feet, reel up and jigged and managed to catch 2 good rainbows.

OK let us know how you done!??

GOOD LUCK-HARDFISHERS!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Another 70 perch day
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:35 PM »
Im telling ya, when it comes to finicky fish, having a camera to detect those fish is a valuable tool. Im heading out to Boysen on Monday. Hopefully I can get into some perch, maybe ling if they have started their migration. Walleyes are always good to, but Im not going to hold my breath.

Bill Bohman

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:38 PM »
pictures pictures pictures where?
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:41 PM »
Hey doggbiter, how was the wind. Its terrible here.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2007, 11:11 PM »
 Sorry no pics, left my digital back home in MO. Ozarks in november, went home for deer season! Got 2 bucks, a button and a small (pretty) 8 pointer.
 Forgot the digi-cam, been taking film pictures. But no idea how to get them on here, once they are developed?

My folks have mailed my digital, so hopefully next time I will show the proof!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2007, 01:15 AM »
  OK......the wind sucked but, spanked them again! Between two of us probably caught 150, kept a 5g bucket of jumbos. OK mostly jumbo's, had around 2 dozen in the 1pound range. I caught the big fish that was atleast 1 1/2 maybe better.
  First day with my aqua-vu VPG, will never own another flasher. No more mathematic's on the ice to figure-out depths. No more annoying whirring motor, I was loving it!

OK only lure used again, same northland 1/8o buckshot with a waxy........and later perch-eye...or both.
  Saw fish come through at 10-15 feet, reel up and jigged and managed to catch 2 good rainbows.

GOOD LUCK-HARDFISHERS!

Where did you fish at??? I have been trying to find a good place to fish for perch for my buddy.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2007, 02:26 AM »
Sorry no pics, left my digital back home in MO. Ozarks in november, went home for deer season! Got 2 bucks, a button and a small (pretty) 8 pointer.
 Forgot the digi-cam, been taking film pictures. But no idea how to get them on here, once they are developed?

My folks have mailed my digital, so hopefully next time I will show the proof!

once you get the pics developed you can either scan them, or have the pics put on a cd...then just upload them to your computer.

p.s. WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE CHEATING! lol
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2007, 08:59 PM »
 OK got drunk and didn't go today, after the wind yesterday it was easy to sleep in.

SO how did you guy's do this weekend on boysen? Or anywhere else for that matter?
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline WYOiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2007, 08:25 AM »

GOOD LUCK-HARDFISHERS

I don't doubt for a second that you are catching 150 perch a day at Boysen, because we were doing a ton of that last year.
I just want to know where and how you are doing it this year, cause I'm having a very hard time this year with it.
I've picked up several ling and trout, but only 8 perch on the best day.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2007, 11:14 PM »
 Thanks for the warm welcome, fellow wyo's :-[
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor