Author Topic: ATV Light Bar Advice  (Read 3617 times)

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
ATV Light Bar Advice
« on: Sep 19, 2022, 09:55 AM »
Thinking about adding a LED light bar to the front of my ATV.  Wondering if there is a certain vendor that you guys would recommend?  The ATV is a 2022 Kodiak, and would like to find a vendor who has a wired harness kit.  Could end up splicing in wires, but would like to stay away from that if possible. 

Light bar doesn't have to be a certain length, but was looking to keep it around 7-10" long. 

What vendors have you used?
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ATV Light Bar Advice
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2022, 08:34 PM »
I have used Nilight for my last two ATV's without any issues, bought off Amazon. Have bought couple light bars and a couple of pod lights as well from them. Reasonable and if there is any issues, ill just return them for new ones directly from Amazon.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2022, 02:12 PM »
I have used Nilight for my last two ATV's without any issues, bought off Amazon. Have bought couple light bars and a couple of pod lights as well from them. Reasonable and if there is any issues, ill just return them for new ones directly from Amazon.

2nd this! I have a pair of 6" floods from NiLight on my ATV - they've been great. I had a similar pair on my old 4 wheeler i sold a while back as well. Both used the NiLight aluminum bar mounts which work perfectly

Catchin' Fish

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2022, 08:06 AM »
Appreciate the response. 

Question - how did you guys wire these up?  Was there a harness provided with the lights, or do I need a relay.  Not sure on the relay as its a low amp draw. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2022, 07:33 PM »
No relay required, most only draw 1-2 amps.  You can always use the cigarette lighter plug until you find what you like.

Offline maximus4444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2022, 01:37 PM »
I have a 42" Niilight bar on the front of my UTV and two 4" pods on the back.  I've been very pleased with them.  Over 6 years using them during late night summer rides, hunting, and ice fishing. 

The one thing I'd suggest is to implement a battery isolator.  It will prevent the lights (if left on) from draining your battery.  I know that the LED light bars/pods don't pull a lot of power, but they can certainly drain the battery if left on.  I have two cats that must play with the backlit rocker switches and they leave the lights on all the time. 

I used the UTV isolator from TrueAm, but there may be more available now. 

Offline slamber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2022, 01:56 PM »
I have a 42" Niilight bar on the front of my UTV and two 4" pods on the back.  I've been very pleased with them.  Over 6 years using them during late night summer rides, hunting, and ice fishing. 

The one thing I'd suggest is to implement a battery isolator.  It will prevent the lights (if left on) from draining your battery.  I know that the LED light bars/pods don't pull a lot of power, but they can certainly drain the battery if left on.  I have two cats that must play with the backlit rocker switches and they leave the lights on all the time. 

I used the UTV isolator from TrueAm, but there may be more available now.

I have my UTV set up about the same w/ Nilight units off Amazon. A 20" and two 6" on the front and two 4" on the back. Lights and harnesses seem to be solid; Been installed for a couple years with no issues.

The isolator is a good idea, I'll have to look in to that.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2023, 10:30 PM »
I got a double small lights bars on the front of my Honda.    I made sure I'm not exceeding the charging capacity of the alternator on the ATV.   
Don

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.