Author Topic: LiveScope PLUS Ice Fishing Bundle LI  (Read 3040 times)

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
LiveScope PLUS Ice Fishing Bundle LI
« on: Sep 10, 2022, 11:25 AM »
BESIDES the cost, thoughts? Comments? Is this as good as it gets?

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/799105

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: LiveScope PLUS Ice Fishing Bundle LI
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2022, 11:46 AM »
More crap to drag around, IMO.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2022, 11:50 AM »
A hell of a lot of money that could be put to better uses!!!!  :woot: :clap: :thumbsup: ;)2 :whistle: :cookoo:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2022, 12:02 PM »
My buddy is pulling the trigger on one. Biggest reason? We fish a few lakes where the fish are suspended and are always moving. This will save a lot of time and effort in relocating them. Told him I already have a 30ah lithium that I can donate for the cause.  ;)
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2022, 01:30 PM »

For that price, it BETTER be.

What a way to blow money. Whatever works for ya. Maybe a helicopter to fly ya in to remote spots, too.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2022, 01:55 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JdbpZ5o_EFQ&feature=share

Good look at it right here.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2022, 02:48 PM »
Guys are funny. I have a 93. Your far better off piecing it together. The garmin bag, pole and battery are not worth it imo. Piece it together. I debated upgrading my 32 to a 34 transducer, but imo it’s not worth it for me. There are better shuttles like arcfab makes, and better pole and mount designs like arcfab and summit. I’m not a fan of 3D printed shuttles, but if they are ok with you, you can look at them as well. 

Offline DQM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2022, 07:24 AM »
I concur with a few here. The Li bundle is not worth it.  I like the Garmin bay and shuttle, but the pole is junk.

And the Li battery I believe is still a Li Ion battery, not a lithium LiFePO4 battery. So you won’t get as many cycles over time as well as not nearly the rates capacity.

If you take your time, although with summer over it might not be good to do now, and look for deals you can piece a LVS32 together cheap. 

Lots of LVS32s for sale as people upgrade to LVS34s.  For ice fishing, I am not sure the 34 upgrade is really worth it.  Used LVS32 and black box can be found for 700-800 easily.

Summit pole has been great for me. Highly recommended.

Bass Pro, Cabelas, Scheels all had Garmin 93 UHD heads super discounted for a while. Not sure if they still do. 

I found a great deal on Amazon a few months ago for the Garmin shuttle and bag and wiring harness.

Amped outdoors 30ah battery.

All done for well under $2k.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Sep 12, 2022, 06:16 AM »

You said "BESIDES the cost, thoughts? Comments? Is this as good as it gets?"  My answer is that after 4 winters of use Livescope is as good as it gets.  Like others have said you can put a package yourself that is superior to the factory kit, a LifePO4 battery is much better than what is offered from Garmin, and a Summit pole is a must-have for convenience compared to the clumsy factory one.  I think there are Garmin dealers out there that do put packages like this together if you would rather not do it yourself.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2022, 12:21 PM »
the price of the bundle even on sale is a bit much imo

that said, the 2 years we've had panoptix has been an absolute game changer for us.   I contend that it might not be needed for some, but for the way we fish, it most definitely has been. 

we generally chase panfish over basin/reservoir lakes.  fish do not usually hold fast in one location.  drilling a few holes plopping down for a long day of sitting there is not the way we fish.   I'm a father of 5 and my partner is a father of 3 and we have many responsibilities and fishing time is at a premium.  for almost a decade prior, always on the search for better waters, better fish, we drill drill drill.  drilling thousands of holes over the winter in pursuit of fish.   

the first time i got my hands on a PS21 (the original panoptix) it changed everything.  we spent more time fishing, and less time looking for fish (drilling and dropping the flasher ducer)

I bought a echomap plus 73cv on sale for 450 bucks.  I paid $500 for the PS22 (ps21 was on loan from a open water fisherman) and built my own pole and carrier out of the bucket. 

I recently upgraded the ps22 to a the lvs32 and will likely purchase a shuttle.  even still, i'll be around $1200-1300 bucks for the whole package, finder, ducer, and shuttle.  Batterys were on sale and I snagged a few.

I think its a great tool that can be had reasonably on the used market. 

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 14, 2022, 10:39 AM »
I am piecing together a Livescope Plus combo right now.  This way I can spread the cost out over time.  Every year it gets harder to find time to get out ice fishing, and this piece of equipment will allow me to enjoy finding and catching fish more efficiently.  You also learn a lot about jig cadence and fish behavior from the feedback you get.  It is expensive for sure, but maximizing pleasure doing what i love is worth the expense. That was my conclusion at least.... ;D 

LVS32 would be a more economical way to get into the Livescope sphere without sacrificing much, but I have been around tech too long to know that product lifecycles are getting shorter and Garmin will stop supporting this much sooner than they should.  Its all about the money!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Sep 14, 2022, 05:27 PM »
Heard from a buddy who heard/read that an 8" hole is required for the transducer with the ice package. Can anyone confirm or deny this?  ???

Offline DQM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Sep 14, 2022, 06:17 PM »
The LVS32 will barely fit, but will fit, down a 6 inch hole. 

The LBS34 required an 8 inch hole.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2022, 11:29 AM »
Heard from a buddy who heard/read that an 8" hole is required for the transducer with the ice package. Can anyone confirm or deny this?  ???

if it comes with the perspective mount, yes.  but you can buy the 0 deg compact mount for like 25 bucks off ebay. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.