Author Topic: Roadshock light wattage difference  (Read 1282 times)

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Roadshock light wattage difference
« on: Sep 04, 2022, 07:33 AM »
I'm not an electrical guy so please excuse my ignorance. Looking at the Roadshock flood lights at Harbor Freight. I see that the 6" flood light with 6 LEDs puts out 1050 Lumens and is 12 watts while the 3" has 4 LEDs and puts out 965 Lumens is 15.1 watts. Why would the smaller, less powerful one be a higher wattage? The reason I want to know is that I want to maximize my battery time.
https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-led-flood-light-57190.html  vs.  https://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-led-flood-light-64322.html

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Roadshock light wattage difference
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2022, 09:59 AM »
18W is the total draw for the bar.

I suspect you're most interested in how long you can run the light(s) on a given battery. To convert watts to amps, divide the wattage by the voltage. In this case the current draw is 1.5A.

If you have a 7Ah battery (delivers 7A for one hour or 1A for 7 hours or whatever combination equals that) you'd get a little over 4.6 hours of run time.

Hope that helps.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Roadshock light wattage difference
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2022, 07:31 PM »
thanks, esox. The plan is to mount a light on my ice sled and run it off a FF battery, independent of a FF. The writeup said 1.08A per unit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.