Author Topic: Truck went through  (Read 1974 times)

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Truck went through
« on: Mar 14, 2022, 07:31 AM »
I just read in the globe a truck went through in moultonbourough yesterday and one person didn’t survive stay safe and prayers for all involved

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Truck went through
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2022, 09:09 AM »
He was plowing the race track for Sunday racing ..a long time local that has been racing forever I heard ..tough to take a truck on the ice this late in the season ..rest in peace and stay safe folks ..this week will hurt some Ice for sure
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Steamtrain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2022, 10:05 AM »
Sad to hear about. Rest In Peace

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2022, 01:54 PM »
Dam

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2022, 02:12 PM »
It was berry pond not winni

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2022, 02:35 PM »
  Sad to hear ,,,,, Wish his family the Best in these sad times

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2022, 03:43 PM »
They said on the news this morning they were out checking the ice conditions for an upcoming ice race... in a truck.

Kind of like testing a bulletproof vest by wearing it & asking someone to shoot you.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2022, 04:27 PM »
They said on the news this morning they were out checking the ice conditions for an upcoming ice race... in a truck.

Kind of like testing a bulletproof vest by wearing it & asking someone to shoot you.
While loss of life is tragic. Perhaps if they went out to check on foot it may have “looked” okay for the races but may have not presented as much caution as this incident did?

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2022, 05:49 PM »

…what an asinine, insensitive remark!

Condolences and prayers for the family and friends of the victim of this tragic accident.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2022, 09:53 PM »
…what an asinine, insensitive remark!

Condolences and prayers for the family and friends of the victim of this tragic accident.

A souless remark indeed.  Perhaps he'd like to be mocked for an untimely death if it happened, my guess is probably not but ive been wrong before and Ill be wrong again...

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2022, 08:13 AM »
Sadly, when a vehicle goes thru, there are usually 2 trains of though regrading how it could havw happened.

1) Reckless behavior, usually caused by drink, drugs or inexperience.

2) Momentary lapse in judgement, or done in haste.

In any case, it is a tragic event.

As mentioned, they could have gone out on foot and thought the ice was safe and when people tried driving their racers out they could have had a much larger problem. Although it's not as heroic as a first responder, they might have save more people from that risk.

Prayers are in order. 
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 15, 2022, 08:15 AM »
The checking the the icec statement
Was a media play on words, explaining the reason for them being there, Fish and game stated the ice was over a foot thick very close to where the unfortunate  tragedy occurred, he also stated that the men were experienced in ice travel and conditions and there were  plenty of witnesses, it was a tragic accident and no further investigation  was needed..
My prayers go out to the families of the man and his friend who has this burden on his sole for the rest if his life..
It's a sobering reminder to each and every one of us that take to the ice to pursue winter sports, that on any given day, we could be the next victim, no.matter how many precautions we take, or how experienced we  think we are.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2022, 08:40 AM »
  "Roccus"   No better words have ever been spoken, we all take things for granted at some point in our
      lives!!!   Whether on the ice  or life in general...   Sorry for the family and friends of this gentleman   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.